[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a person really change? In terms of personality, I mean.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 170.jpg (32KB, 720x460px) Image search: [Google]
170.jpg
32KB, 720x460px
Can a person really change? In terms of personality, I mean.

How does one do that?

What are some good traits that men should seek?
>>
Curiosity and high self value

Specially the second one. Theres too many dudes who are ready to sacrifice without any return or negotiating
>>
The majority of people experience shifts in personality as they age, it's completely normal. Your socioeconomic status changes, as does your mindset/brain chemistry/interests/values and beliefs. All these things plus your perception of them are what make up your personality, and all are subject to change over time.
>>
>>18572811
How do you influence it, though?
>>
>>18572815
And just like that you gave up the game congrats
>>
>>18572794
You can change behavior, anon.

I was such a shitty person. Raised in a dysfunctional family. Didn't realize how much it rubbed off on me until I was an adult.

It's more of a process realizing where you are wrong, and attempting to change it.

It is my first response to come off as pessimistic and defensive. It is so easy for me to become depressed, lose motivation.

I think I will always be that way. Always susceptible to negative behavior. Even though I will always be that way, I don't have to act that way.

A lot of it is neutralizing negative self talk. Gaining the confidence to go out of your comfort zone. Accepting failure. Accepting that some people just won't like you or what you do.

It's just more of a struggle for people like us. I look back at myself about 8 years ago, and I cringe. I was mean to friends and significant others over the years, showed narcissistic traits, I was just a plain old asshole. I have changed, I am really not the person I was then.
>>
>>18572794

>what are some good traits men should seek

re: how do i get girls.

stop this. seriously, you need to stop breh. honestly as a low key misogynist its even worse when we lump OURSELVES all together than when we lump women all together.

don't be thinking 'what are some good traits that MEN should seek'.

think 'what are some good traits that I should seek'.

you are your own person. it sounds real third grade, but its true. Without a sense of self all you become is a generic 'boy'. don't focus on changing your personality, focus on developing your self.

pick a few things you like about your self, and highlight those, explore those more. Pick a few traits you dont like. do a run through the list and aks your self 'do i really 'not' like this, or do i say they're bad just because other people don't like it?' if its only on the list because OTHERS dont like it, take it off, move it to the good list, and explore it.

then of those remaining things, pick one to work on, make a month long plan.
>>
>>18572815
Well, you can influence it in a good way by making responsible life choices. Eat right, exercise regularly, stay away from alcohol and drugs. Instant gratification only leads to long-term dissatisfaction, it's fine to indulge in moderation but don't let these things consume your life.

Read books, listen more, speak less.
>>
File: 1501280745399.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1501280745399.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>18572818
>>
Consistency.
By far the most important trait.
Second discipline.
These two carve great people.
Then rationality and a slight touch of narcissism that I would call self-love to mark the distinction
>>
this is a good thread

bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.