[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work 6 days a week >usually just sit at home on days off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1451158443231.png (266KB, 749x633px) Image search: [Google]
1451158443231.png
266KB, 749x633px
>work 6 days a week
>usually just sit at home on days off
>get really anxious, bored, lonely etc and feel like I'm missing out on life

>basically every weekend
>go out to bars, concerts, etc try to have lots of fun and meet people
>absolutely hate everyone I meet and regret every decision I make and always end up blowing money on drugs or sex or other stupid shit
>cut contact with any new people I'd met that night and feel utterly disgusted the next day for wasting my time like that

how do I fix this? I'm having real trouble finding the happy middle ground I guess
>>
Stop setting such high standards for life and enjoy it for what it is. Don't project your most likely unreasonable expectations onto people, let alone strangers you just met.
>>
>>18572697
yeah but that's easier said than done, its not really a mental thing it feels very deep. Like my body is calling me to go do something social and not just rot alone in my room. I get actual anxiety, like heart fluttering and shit if I feel like I'm missing out on life
>>
>>18572709
I'm still like that man, and it has lead me nowhere. Go out and do things that benefit you without the complete dependancy on others for enjoyment, like a martial art or sport. You still get something out of it and are more likely to make friends since you don't have to put your expectations onto the people you meet because you're not dependant on them for enjoyment.
>>
>>18572739
>because you're not dependant on them for enjoyment.
wow this is gonna sound retarded but the way you phrased that just blew my mind, it makes so much sense

its going to be hard to give up going out drinking and shit because its exciting while it lasts but maybe personal enrichment needs to come first
>>
>feel like your missing out on life

What? Is there some sort of scoreboard somewhere that keeps track of how much each individual human (and not other organisms, no, that'd be silly!) enjoys life?

The missing out meme is just that - a meme. If you don't like doing something then don't fucking do it.

No one cares about you except you. Stop fooling yourself.
>>
>>18572772
I said feel, not think

it gets me excited and alleviates my anxiety and boredom for a few nights
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.