[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First, I apologize for posting a thread that I'm sure has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: something-about-us.png (146KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
something-about-us.png
146KB, 400x400px
First, I apologize for posting a thread that I'm sure has been posted countless times here.

My girlfriend left me this past Sunday and I'm having an extremely hard time coping with it. I'm 22, she is currently 19. She was my first girlfriend, and we had been together for nearly two years.
I met her in a private (10-12 users) IRC channel. A couple of the people in this channel were verbally abusive towards me, so I left this channel shortly after we got into a relationship. She did not. This was fine at first, but after a while I started to notice that she would rarely have a conversation with me without simultaneously having one in this channel. I didn't like this and asked that she pay attention to me when we were having conversations together. She found this controlling but mostly did so for my benefit. However after a few months I noticed she had stopped doing so again, and after a few spats about it, I decided I would try to ignore it whenever possible. Unfortunately, sometimes when I was in a foul mood I would be unable to suppress my frustration with this and would let it show to her. We tried a couple times on my initiative to come to a compromise about when she talked to them (as I didn't care that she did so except when I was trying to have a conversation with her), but she was never willing to do so, claiming that I was being controlling and restricting her freedom. Over the last four months or so she became withdrawn from me and stopped telling me that she loved me, except on rare occasions.

(1/2)
>>
File: cherry-blossom-fantasy-deepmind.jpg (262KB, 1100x688px) Image search: [Google]
cherry-blossom-fantasy-deepmind.jpg
262KB, 1100x688px
(2/2)

On Friday I confronted her and asked her why she had been so withdrawn from me lately. She told me she found me controlling, and after some back and forth, I told her that I'd call her to try to work things out over the weekend.

Long story short, she told me that she felt wronged by me and that no matter what I did to resolve things, the feeling would not change. I asked what she wanted to do about it. She said she wanted to break up. I had felt like this was coming for a while, and decided that if that's what she wanted, I couldn't deny it. Thanked her for the past few years, told her I would miss her a ton and that I was sorry it hadn't worked out between us. She reciprocated on all of these and we ended the call.

Well, here I am now a week later and I'm heartbroken. It took a good five days to really hit me. This morning I woke up and after letting my head clear I texted her asking if there was anything I could do to mend things. She said the same bit about her feelings remaining regardless of what I could do, apologized, and told me to take care of myself. We haven't spoken since.

This is my first breakup. I'm so incredibly sad and depressed and the worst thing is that whenever I felt this way before, I would talk to her...and now that's gone. I really feel that I screwed things up. She was perfect for me, we had the same fucked up history, but now she's gone and I just don't know how to deal with it.

How can I deal with this emotional sickness? I have bouts of intermittent crying (which I haven't done since my dog left a year ago) and it's even making me physically sick. I have no experience with breakups and all the depression and loneliness I felt before I began dating this girl has come back tenfold. My self esteem has been destroyed, I wonder if I was really controlling and spiteful and I just generally do not like myself right now.

Beyond immersing myself in distractions, what should I do? Apologies for the long winded post.
>>
No breakup advice, eh? Figured the post was too long.
>>
Grieve. It'll hurt less if you stop trying to fight it.
Don't contact her. Don't check up on her. Don't follow her social sites or anything. But grieve. Let it out. Wake up in the morning and get out of bed. Eat every day. Focus on your work or studies. Work on things you wish you were better about. Get healthier, learn a new skill, improve yourself according to what you want for yourself, not what you think she didn't like about you. Set goals and achieve them. In time, all will be fine.
>>
>>18571573
Thanks anon. That's what I've been trying to do. Hard to see the light from the inside of the tunnel I guess.
>>
Don't go back.
>>
So you never actually met this girl? never actually dated? never actually held hands, PiV, fucked, whatever?
GTFO and grow a pair , would you?
Get off that computer and do something with yourself before it's too late.
>>
File: 1501023058743.png (325KB, 497x423px) Image search: [Google]
1501023058743.png
325KB, 497x423px
It took me almost a year to fully get overy first breakup.

Here's what you gotta do. Stop talking to her entirely and delete all social media you have.with her. If she tries to contact you ignore it. I didn't follow these rules which is why it took so long to get over it. Every time we talked it was like breaking up all over again.
>>
>>18571573
>>18571719
so this is totally counter to my heart, which is telling me that any contact with her is a step in the right direction. But I know what I actually want is the same comfort that I got for the last two years, only this time the cause is the end of us.
>>
an internet gf is not really a gf
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.