[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be be an incredibly bad thing to date someone you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (38KB, 305x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 305x349px
Would it be be an incredibly bad thing to date someone you don't actually like just because you know it would make them happy?

Especially if you don't have anything else going on romantically.
>>
>>18571364
Yep. I did that for a few months, left with some pain. Did it again for 9 months, left decently fucked up emotionally.
>>
>>18571381

What happened?
>>
>>18571364
To date, or go on dates with? You can go can go out and do things without it leading to anything else.
>>
>>18571364
yes, grow a fucking backbone
its also not fair to the other person.
>>
>>18571381
good job being an idiot you deserve the life lesson
>>
>>18571399
I mean the first one doesn't really count because it was in middle school so I'll talk about the second one.

He asked me out when we were at school, there were people around and I was in a bad emotional place where I felt like other people's happiness was more important than my own, and I didn't want to embarrass him publicly, so I said yes. And then it took me 9 months to get the strength to end the relationship. I had zero feelings for him and just went through the motions to make him happy. He bugged the shit out of me to have sex with him and didn't respect that I was too afraid of pregnancy, but my need to make him happy instead of me led to him trying to shove his dick up my ass with no prep work or proper lube. I eventually lost my virginity to him because my fear of pregnancy was outweighed by the shame of hurting his feelings by denying him sex, and I was shaking with anxiety but also felt hollow the entire time. He accused me of being alcoholic when he was the one who got blackout drunk and woke up with part of his head shaved. He started hanging out with his female best friend, even going to a movie and then a party where it was just the two of them. He was inconsiderate about my depression and thought it was just something I chose to have, that if I had the willpower I could just flip the switch and not be depressed anymore. Also he refused to go down on me if I hadn't shaved that day, and even then he would only spend a minute at most
>>
>>18571446
Yeah, I definitely struggled to learn the value of my own happiness and doing things I want, but I'm in a much better, healthier place despite the scars
>>
>>18571453
Thats great to hear anon. Theres still hope for you.
>>
>>18571432
I mean, she's romantically interested and wants to go out. Going on dates is essentially the same thing as dating - she's going to keep liking me unless I sabotage myself.

>>18571440
So just tell her to stop liking me? Or what?
>>
>>18571476
>So just tell her to stop liking me?
You can't control other people's actions, you can only control how you react to them. In this case, I would say to just let her know that you don't have those sorts of feelings towards her
>>
>>18571364
Depends. Are they dying, or do you see yourself potentially liking them in the future? If so dating is fine, otherwise no.
>>
>>18571476
You could try to sort of friendzone her. If you want to make her happy, you can try to show her that you can do fun things without it being a date.
>>
>>18571486
>try to show her that you can do fun things without it being a date.
Idk about this, I feel like that might just be cruel to OP's fangirl--like giving her a tiny taste of what she wants but she knows it's not real and she'll never get the real deal
>>
>>18571489
is she hot?
>>
>>18571485
She's not dying, and she's got her good traits, but I don't see myself falling for her. I could spend time with her and have fun, but the rest of it would be going through the motions.

She's been telling all of her friends about how much she likes me.
>>
>>18571497

She's not my type.
>>
>>18571508
thats not the question. Is she hot.
>thin
>nice tits
>ass
???
>>
Not a good idea. If you say no now, she'll be forced to get over it and will be able to move on.

If you date her, it's going to end badly no matter what. The relationship will become toxic. You come to hate her because she's "trapping" you, she starts to hate you because she notices you don't really care, neither of you can just go on and find some other person, etc.

I understand the sentiment, but it's just not a good idea. Make it a clean break.
>>
>>18571527

No. She's not. At least not to me. Some guys might be into it.
>>
>>18571667
What you're saying is, she's fat.
Ignore her and her feelings until she fixes herself. As if that's ever going to happen.
>>
>>18571447
>acted cold for an admittedly selfish reason (faking love so that someone else is happy is not selfless by any means).
>"he was inconsiderate towards me and found someone else"
Women logic everyone.
>>
>>18571866
Fuck off dicklet
>>
Please for the love of fucking god don't be an S.
>>
>>18571364
You'll make that person even more unhappy because it's no mutual and you might get bored/exhausted of it eventually. Don't.
>>
>>18572287

What's an S?
>>
>>18573052
Stephen
>>
>>18573079
If OP's name is Stephen I can rest easy.
>>
>>18573126
dunno, i just guessed a name, fingers crossed tho!
>>
OP's name is Steve with no ph.
>>
>>18573131
Berenstein Berenstain,
I actually paused for a sec to decide what spelling to use...
>>
>>18573142

Good guess then.
>>
>>18573131
OP is actually a woman named Stephanie.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.