[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, just went on my first date and I'm clueless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: austin powers confused.jpg (31KB, 430x218px) Image search: [Google]
austin powers confused.jpg
31KB, 430x218px
Alright guys, just went on my first date and I'm clueless where to go from here.
>asked a girl out to a restaurant
>she seemed really happy, texted with exclamation points, called the day before to confirm
>go the place at the designated time, shoot her a text letting her know I'm there
>she replies she's on her way
>she shows up 20 minutes late anyway, apologizes at least, and had her hair and makeup done nicely so I guess that's why she was running late
>after we get our food she takes out her phone and reads a text
>leaves her phone out on the table (didn't look at it after that but it's a pet peeve of mine)
>complains that the food's not spicy enough (she ordered an omelette, not sure if it was a joke or not) and says that we'll have to go to some other restaurant next time (she said a specific one, just can't remember the name)
>despite all this, she talks quite a bit, I usually lead conversations but she must've talked twice as much as I did (not sure if that's a good thing or not)
>at around 1:00 I tell her that I gotta go pick up a friend from the train station
>reach for the check
>she interrupts me and insists that she pays for her half
>I tell her it's my treat
>she grabs it out of my hand
>decide to just give it up and split it if she wants to so badly
>as we leave give her a quick hug, she returns it

So uh, what next? I guess that went okay. Should I arrange for us to meet at the place she suggested sometime? How long do I have to wait before doing so? Should I send other texts before then? Any other advice for stuff I'm not thinking of would be appreciated. Also, we're both 20 if it matters.
>>
>>18571278
Firstly, don't overthink it. She wasn't on her phone all night or anything, which is a good sign. Secondly, an omelette can be spicy if you add the right peppers into them. It's not a reflection on you, just the food.

Paying for half isn't typical, but not a bad sign out of necessity.

Should have gone for at LEAST a peck on the cheek.

Now, here's what you do from here: wait at least 24 hours (3 day rule is so played out that it's cringe and everyone knows it), then ask her out again. Don't tell her when or where when you ask. If she says "yes," ask what day is good for her. Presuming she gives you a day that works for you, what you do is you go and make all the plans yourself, like restaurant reservations and what you want to do after, then go and pick her up at her place. YOU are the entertainment, and she is along for the ride.
>>
>>18571294
>It's not a reflection on you, just the food.
I get that, lol. Also, it was a sorta brunch date, I work nights and I was busy all weekend so dinner was out.

>Should have gone for at LEAST a peck on the cheek.
How do I do that exactly? Should I grab her arm/shoulder/back at all or should I just lean into her for a kiss (she's a good six inches shorter than me so it doesn't seem easy to do so)? Eye contact or should I look where I'm kissing? Never kissed before desu, and from what I've gathered from her neither has she.

I'll probably text her sunday at this rate. I don't know if going to pick her up is the best idea, I don't know her address and we really haven't spent one-on-one time besides that one date (don't know how much she trusts me), and she's a very shy girl. And even if I say, "I'll drive ya", what do I do if she asks where? Just tell her "don't worry about it"? Snarky stuff like that might work later but I don't feel like we know eachother that well yet. Another issue is that I'm going camping this entire weekend and working nights during the week so if we wanted a dinner date it'd have to be two weeks from now. Going without contact for two weeks doesn't seem like a good idea, would rather do something even if it's small before next week at least.
>>
>>18571278
>>at around 1:00 I tell her that I gotta go pick up a friend from the train station
you dumb fuck, what do you have to complain about. who schedules picking up a friend at the train station on your first date? seriously?
>>
>>18572162

This tbqh, you said it's rude for to be on her phone, how about your date saying I gotta go pick up a friend from the train station, honestly would be surprised if she thought you was trying to get out of it because you didn't like her so made up an excuse.
>>
>>18572162
I usually hear it's best to keep first dates relatively short. Date started two hours before then, I figure that's plenty long. I asked if she wanted to have the date next week but she said no, but if it was this week I had to go to the train station, I'm not making my friend piss away money on an uber so that I can have a long date with a girl I hardly know.
>>
>>18571278
>after we get our food she takes out her phone and reads a text
would have aborted the date right there
>>
>>18571278
>arrived slightly late
>reads a text and leaves her phone on the table
>talked incessantly the entire time
>grabs it out of your hand
>suggests at the beginning of the date you would be going on another date

She's pretty weird, OP. At least she got her hair and makeup done and offered to split the check.

It's rude to cut your date short by saying you have to pick up your friend, that's something you would ordinarily let someone know beforehand, or you decide to go on a date when you aren't too busy for her.
>>18571424
Don't make it weird. You should have just went for it. It's not a big deal. Text her or something in the meantime to bridge the gap until you're free.

It sounds like she already turned you down, OP.
>>
File: IMG_1260.jpg (121KB, 640x1019px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1260.jpg
121KB, 640x1019px
>>18573023
I told her I had stuff to do beforehand but she seemed to not want to wait until after the weekend.

>Text her or something in the meantime to bridge the gap until you're free.
>It sounds like she already turned you down, OP.
Kind of conflicting advice. Regardless, I have a gut feeling that if I texted her again she would respond positively. Just sorta lost on what to say. Maybe I'll take her out to dessert after work sometime this week, as we both work pretty late during the week, then have a full day thing next weekend when I'm not busy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.