[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents currently owe me $6,000. Should I expect to be payed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

My parents currently owe me $6,000. Should I expect to be payed back? Part of me says that they're my parents and they payed for a lot of my stuff as a kid, but another part of me says I got bills to pay and I'm not made of money and don't want them walking all over me. What should I do?
>>
>>18571194
why did you loan them money?
what did they use the money for? depending on that answer you will know if they pay you back.
>>
>>18571194
never lend money that you aren't comfortable never seeing again. family is not an exception. You might see it back but if they're so financially irresponsible that they needed $6000 for anything then the chances of you getting it back any time soon is really slim.
>>
>>18571194
If they really needed the money, then cut em some slack.

If they're just blowing it on frivolous crap, then you can demand it back.
>>
>>18571195
Car and house payments. They barley make by and shit brother (who's 13 years older than me) is shit brother who doesn't pay rent and when he doesn't they need to ask me
>>
>>18571208
imagine having car payments instead of just driving a used 2010 honda civic that you bought for $6000 and fully own.
>>
>>18571211
2010 car for 6000. Fuck, my first car was from 94 for 1,500
>>
>>18571208
ya there not paying you back anon.

if there using it for bills and shit because they cant make it on there own. there not even close to generating an income that can pay you back.

best thing to do is learn from this and stop loaning out money,
>>
>>18571221
Mom made dumbass mistake by quitting her real job at a school cafeteria to sell whatever shit middle aged women on Facebook sell now.
>>
>>18571219
depending on the area, seller, and quality you can get those bad boys for $2000 more or less. KBB private party value on a 2011 civic DX coupe is $5000 in my area.
>>
>>18571194
Tell them you'll forgive the loan if they either kick your brother out or force him to get a job and pay RENT + food.
>>
When you loan money to family you might as well consider it gone. Unless you value your family’s love less than a couple of grand.
>>
>>18571211
I got a 1999 Chevy Lumina for 1550 in 2007, and 2005 Dodge Stratus in 2012 for 2200 (drive shaft on the Lumina broke). Always pay with cash up front, always buy privately, and always ask the seller to say he sold it to you for 200 to cut back on taxes. Also, always always ALWAYS stick with Liability insurance only. AAA is only 50 bucks per year, and cheaper than everything else you need in order to get the free roadside assistance.

>>18571208
That money is gone, dude. If they can't make their house payments, they aren't gonna pay you back.
>>
>>18571305
He has a job. I don't know where his money goes
>>
>>18571327
Where can I get me some of this insurance
>>
>>18571341
You don't know where to get car insurance? Turn on broadcast TV for half an hour.

http://www.homelifeweekly.com/easy-car-tips/list-of-auto-insurance-companies/
>>
>>18571194
If your parents ask you for money, there is a big chanse they won't pay you back. This is true because parents don't like asking for money so they ask when they realy need it so they probably never have that kind of money
>>
>>18571194
This is why I don't lend money to people unless I know they're going to pay you back.

Money and family don't mix well together. Your family members won't like it if you're a loan shark to them, regardless of how much you lend them.
>>
>poor people

>>18571327
do you know how fucking goddamned cheap and easy it is to fix a driveshaft?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.