[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on day 2. And I was just reading online that month 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: buttout.jpg (55KB, 1140x500px) Image search: [Google]
buttout.jpg
55KB, 1140x500px
I'm on day 2. And I was just reading online that month 3 is supposed to be the hardest? What the fuck? There are days that are harder than your first second and third day?

Also, people say they cave in and start smoking a year after quitting, does this mean ill be a smoker who's not allowed to smoke my entire life?
>>
>>18570961
if you fail just buy a loosie or two or three or four. don't buy a pack. harm reduction.
>>
>>18570962
failing isn't the problem, I feel okay right now. I mean its hard, but i've cut down at least 5 major cravings today.

My problem is just that I dont understand why people go back to smoking a year after being quit, does that mean smokers never turn into non smokers? They're just smokers who aren't allowed to smoke?

Also, people are saying the fatigue from quitting doesnt go away 4 months into quitting?
>>
>>18570961
why not vape?
>>
>>18570966
yeah, that's how addiction works dude. that's why alcoholics who quit are called "recovering alcoholics" for their entire lives, they never stop being alcoholics. you'll never stop being addicted to nicotine, you'll just crave it less. one cigarette will likely put you right back on the bandwagon. addiction sucks, dude.
>>
>>18570961
take choline u retard do ur research not more drugs
>>
>>18570981
this might be either the most pants-on-head retarded thing ive ever read in my life. or the greatest troll.
>>
>>18570971
I like girls.
>>
>>18571027
>implying girls care
be discrete
>>
>>18571024
please offer your counter-points.
>>
9 months here, first days are easy as fuck compared to a couple of weeks to a month in which is when you start rationalizing buying cigarettes again ("just 1 pack only because I'm bored, not because I need it").

I got through it because I'm a lazy as fuck neet who can't be fucked to leave the house to buy a pack. Also try to remember not to eat too much/too little. I gained a fuck ton of weight in the first couple of months
>>
>>18570981
>>18570966

I've stopped smoking for about 15 months, then started again.

It's not 1 smoke that gets you, but a recurrence of events.
In that 15 month period, I smoked one cigarette at a party once and never thought another thing about it, I was actually surprised about how such a thing could ever keep me in such an addiction.
Then I went through a series of events where I justified each cigarette through some external action (it's just while on travel, it's just this biggest party of the year, it's just a really hard time because of gf, it's just because dad's in the hospital, etc.).
So in this period, I would not smoke throught the week or weeks and didn't even feel any cravings, but as those events multiplied and occured closer together, I started justifying more and more menial stressful things as a reason to light up a cigarette, until I started having cravings every day and just gave in and started smoking again.

Now I'm back at point 1, where I need to find a nice 3 week period in my life, where nothing stressful occurs again, so I can try stopping again.

I guess that's what they mean, when they say an addict is alyways an addict.
>>
my dad quit smoking in the 70s and told me that he still gets cravings sometimes
>>
(not so) fun fact, nicotine is the most addictive chemical known to man

why did you start smoking in the first place?
>>
>>18571027
>I like girls
>that's why I decided to go for the whole 'yellow teeth and tar filled lungs' look.
>>
>>18570961
Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known. It's not just a matter of psychological cravings - it changes your body chemistry so that you with nicotine eels "normal" and you without nicotine feels sick.

It is not at all an exaggeration to compare you to an ex-heroin addict or alcoholic. The craving will always be there (if weakening over time) and the danger of relapse always present.
>>
>>18570961
The month three is easy as fuck, first 5 days are the worst, the day 5 is the peak, but the first 10 days are a horror film.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.