[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be 18 >be depressed >no friends, no social

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1490406099645.jpg (63KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490406099645.jpg
63KB, 800x530px
>be me
>be 18
>be depressed
>no friends, no social life
>was in online school the last 2 years
>during this time, have not interacted with anyone outside of my family
>don't know how to drive
>no job
>going to the local community college (online classes since I have no way of getting to the actual campus regularly)

What should I do? I'm in decent physical shape (run 3 miles daily), a 4.0 in high school and 4.0 from one semester of community college, but I'm depressed as shit and don't know what to do in terms of direction. I was working on joining the military a year ago but I don't think that it would be a good idea for a depressedfag like me to join right now. What do?
>>
>>18570380

hmmm... what else are you interested in? You could try going out more often, doing things to meet people with the same interests as you (eg. You like cooking, join a cooking class) even if it's just a one-off. If you like keeping fit, go to the gym sometimes? If you're wondering what to do job/career wise, find something easy for the mean time (retail, hospitality) and maybe do a course or something that you're interested in that you could use later on in life
>>
>be me
>be 18

Dude, you're just fucking 18...

>be me
>be almost 27
>no friends, no savings, no happiness
>no social life
>still living at parents house for free
>parents old and only got 10-15 years left
>no fucking clue how I will manage life
>seeing everyone else happy and successful
>staying in my room all day long
>lonely every fucking day
>broke up with my gf which was my only friend too
>literally got no-one and nothing
>regret wasting my time but feels like I cant escape

So tell me, can you please swap with me? I can't get back the last 7 years I fucking wasted trying to figure shit out but I did nothing to make it happen except wasting it away on all talk no action bullshit.
>>
Join the army and become a new man
>>
>>18570427
I don't want it to turn out your way, that's why I am looking for help.
>>18570429
I'm thinking this is my best option but there's a nagging feeling that I'm too autistic to make it in the military. I'm not a pussy but I just don't have any social skills and am worried that it's going to amplify how hard I get shit on.
>>
>>18570380
i was a rut like you around 23, after i finish school. For about a year I just sat back and did nothing and that kinda made me feel like a waste. So I decided to take a chance and start to do things I normally wouldn't do.

1: went clubbing (didn't like it much, but i felt happy i did something new)
2: helped at a homeless shelter (this is where things started to kick off)
3: met a guy who like to play TTRPGs and he offered em to join his game.
4: was new to the TTRPG thing so i gave it a try and I loved it (met a few cool people and slowly we all became friends.)
5: one of the guys i played with owns a gaming shop and asked if i wanted a job (he needed an IT person to keep the system working)

that's how I got out of my useless phase, now i'm 32, met an awesome woman who enjoyed gaming as much as I do and later became my wife.
i live by a motto 'no risk no reward. good luck my friend.
>>
>>18570446
Well, my advice is that you don't do as I did. I literally wasted 7 years on stupid shit and doing nothing.

I was happy when I was 20. I lived in Japan, I had a girlfriend and had a lot of sex. Plenty of friends and social life. Felt amazing.

But I just lost everything cuz I let it slip away.

The problem was that I didn't just go out and get a job, even if it wasn't good pay. My pride got in way, so I distanced myself to the rest of the world by staying at home all day long and wasting time on stupid shit on the internet.

At first when I was 21, I didn't think I would be 27 and still in this mess. But now I am. It's like at a blink of an eye and then boom, you're there.

If you want a real advice how not to fuck up, if I would tell my 18 year old self:

>just get a fkin job no matter what, just get a basic income.
>save save save money.
>dont waste money on useless degrees or stupid shit
>dont dont dont waste time on relationships unless you have a solid pack of good friends behind your back, just dont waste it all on one card.
>expose yourself to life and opportunities will arise.
>GET OUT OF YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW and just meet people, cuz you are making a huge waste of the best time in your life.

Seriously. Don't stay in your room. Get a group of really good friends and then after that you may get a girlfriend.
>>
Don't worry kid. I'm 25, have a good trade and plenty of savings, have travelled and lived in a couple countries and parts of NA, made friends everywhere, and had several long term relationships and slutty periods.

I'm still depressed and hate everything. Nothing will matter, so just enjoy where you're at.
>>
>>18570380
no friends
>just do it
no job
> just do it
>depressed
JUST DO IT
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.