[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have poor mouth hygiene which I have neglected for a long time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I have poor mouth hygiene which I have neglected for a long time.

I already brought an automatic toothbrush to get rid of my poor teeth colour.

Can anyone suggest a good wash etc? Also, how do I make sure that women would love to kiss my mouth? I don't want to scare them away with the poor taste. Is there like a vanilla strip I could eat that would give my mouth a good smell for 24 hours or something?
>>
How long is 'a long time'? The damage could be irreversible. Also electric toothbrushes don't make your teeth whiter, the only thing that's really going to work is having your teeth chemically whitened, and that could cause further damage.
>>
Can you afford a trip to the dentist? He or she will make your teeth feel great but they're pricey
>>
>>18570336
What am I supposed to say to the dentist? Clean my teeth? I am an autist. What will be the cost on average?
>>
>>18570364
>What will be the cost on average?
Expensive. Also it'll take a lot of time if your teeth are as bad as you say they are.
>>
>>18570364
That's what dentists do, it's their job. Go in for a cleaning and a checkup. Chances are they will prescribe you a toothpaste with extra fluoride to try to repair your enamel. If you have cavities, they will fill them.

An electric toothrbrush also won't restore whiteness, though it does help keep your teeth cleaned better, especially if you're lazy about brushing. Anon above was right, only chemical whitening can actually make them white again, and that actually hurts your teeth by stripping away outer enamel.

Keep a few mints with you if you want something to freshen. Another god trick for keeping breath smelling nice is to use a tongue scraper. Most bad breath comes from your tongue and throat. Brush as far back as your gag reflex will allow and scrape your tongue clean once or twice a day.
>>
>>18570371
They are not as bad. Also, what am I supposed to say to the dentist? That I want my teeth whitened or cleaned?
>>
>>18570364
Cost depends on where you live. If you're in the US, expect a thorough job to cost between two hundred to three hundred dollars. If you have dental insurance, this will be covered.

Yes, it's a lot. But it's certainly better than having to pay thousands of dollars for surgery because you neglected them. Preventative maintenance is always cheaper than emergency care. Trust me on this.
>>
>>18570390
Get a cleaning and a checkup first. You're going to want your teeth analyzed and checked out before you attempt a whitening. If your tooth enamel is already in poor condition, then you don't want to whiten at least until it's been repaired. If the damage is bad enough, you might never want to whiten at all. Yellow teeth are better than teeth without enamel. The enamel protects them and keeps them from rotting.
>>
>>18570384
>>18570391
Thanks a lot. What am I supposed to say to the dentist though? That I am there for a cleaning and check up?
>>
>>18570399
Yes, exactly that.
>>
>>18570250
Avoid excessive mouth wash. Actually avoid the wash all together. Practice using your tooth brush efficiently and floss regularly(at least 3 times a week no less).
Contrary to popular belief, plaque is mostly due to the saliva in your mouth that, over time(like a year or 2) builds up substantially.
>>
>>18570399
A dentist will do a cleaning and checkup first regardless of what you ask for. If you go to the dentist you have no option other than a cleaning and checkup unless you need an emergency tooth extraction.
>>
>>18570273
18 years
>>
>>18570250
get some flouride rinse and stop eating sugar.
>>
Brush, floss, and gargle

Don't gargle daily, you will burn your enamel. Don't brush so hard too.

Just realize our ancestors y.never brushed their teeth with fluoride. At best it's a rudimentary floss/brush stick with water.
>>
>>18570687
I agree with everything except the fluoride. Our modern diets have a lot of acids, and the numbers show that fluoride help. There's been an uptick of tooth decay since people started drinking bottled water (which lacks fluoride).

Acid makes enamel lose minerals. Fluoride reacts with water to remineralize the teeth and make a harder, more acid-resistant enamel. We may not need fluoride in everything but it has been proven to help.

Our ancestor never used things like vaccines or surgery, either. Claiming something is healthier because it's "more natural" is fallacious. Medical treatments need to be judged on their own merits. I'm all for natural when it's healthier, like organic produce and avoiding artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. But natural does not automatically mean safer, healthier, or better.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.