[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I bail of a long party early? Going to one later that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 78656786.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
78656786.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
How can I bail of a long party early? Going to one later that's supposedly going to last until 5 in the morning, but I want to be out of there by midnight. Got fucking terrible social anxiety and parties are my worst fucking nightmare, so I'm pushing myself to attend this kind of shit, but I know for a fact I'm not going to be able to survive this long at first. Baby steps.
>>
go to the party and just consume booze and drugs. you will forget about the time and start conversing, before you know it, it's 3am and you're thinking shit this isn't so bad.
>>
Either drink some beers and see where it goes or just fucking leave early. Why are you unable to just leave?
>>
>>18569165
I dunno man, I've tried that tactic a few times before, and if anything it made me even worse. Got super paranoid after downing a ton of whiskey those times, even more than usual.
>>
>>18569159
Go to the party, state you just came to say hello.

Talk to a few people you know, have some drinks to loosen up, see where it goes. If you want to leave, let the host know and go.

Youll probably be assaulted with "cmon! Stay!!"

You have two options: one, realise that you are absolutely welcome, youve made no one uncomfortable, and your social anxiety is absolutely without place. Get that in your head and maybe itll loosen you up.

Two: apologize, assert that this was a relaxing at home kind of night but that you genuinely wanted to come over and see everyone, and need to get home and chill.

>social anxiety

I used to have this extremely bad. So i know my words wont change you and theres no getting over it overnight, but some food for thought:

People are generally a lot less judgemental than you think. As long as you arent spouting controversial opinions in the wrong group, insulting people, making excessive noise, or boasting (its tempting for a socially anxious person to brag in order to try and show people why youre likeable. It comes across as arrogant, not humanizing. Not saying you do it but maybe you do.), and you arent talking about your life problems (its a party!) then no ones going to judge you.

If youre quiet and you seem shy or disconnected and you havent pissed anyone off, you may even notice people approaching you and forcing awkward small talk. It means they care and theyre trying to be inclusive. Also in these cases they feel as awkward as you, too. Its a social kamimaze attack made of love.
>>
>>18569172
>Got super paranoid after downing a ton of whiskey
Don't overdo it
>>
Say you're going to the bathroom and then leave
>>
>>18569159
"Sorry. Gotta Go. Got to be up early in the morning for a family thing"
>>
>>18569159
Be me - I go to parties -- find maybe 3 or 4 people to chat with then when I get bored I just LEAVE.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.