[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm somewhat autistic and I'm trying to get along better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1500817203449.png (1MB, 613x943px) Image search: [Google]
1500817203449.png
1MB, 613x943px
I'm somewhat autistic and I'm trying to get along better with people.

However I need some golden rules to keep reminding myself of when having a conversation.

So far I've got:

(1) Listen, listen, listen - people appreciate we they have someone's full attention

(2) Don't talk about yourself unnecessarily - It's almost always much better to ask questions than to butt-in with your own life story or feelings

(3) Give people the benefit of the doubt - don't overanalyse everything they say and their facial expressions, people aren't out to get you they're much more concerned with their lives

Do you guys and gals have any more rules that I can use to seem like a normal person during conversations?
>>
I would add eye contact and don't forget to feign emotion. I don't think normies like when you're just standing there listening with a blank expression.
>>
>>18569000
Understand that 90% of casual conversations are really about nothing at all, just excuses to be together and be friendly.

Think of this - monkeys and chimps like to "groom" each other, picking nits out of each other's fur. But experts have figured out that the grooming is really just an excuse to sit together and signal friendliness.

People don't pick nits off each other. But we talk about movies, TV, sports, gossip and other things we're not really all that interested in, just to enjoy being together and signaling friendliness.

So don't fall into the trap of taking what is being talked about too seriously. Most of the time nobody else is
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.