[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I just got disowned this afternoon by my devout Shi'ite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 22929.jpg (215KB, 750x1108px) Image search: [Google]
22929.jpg
215KB, 750x1108px
I just got disowned this afternoon by my devout Shi'ite Muslim family for leaving Islam.

I'm 21, and an amazing friend is letting me stay at his house until I'm fine. I have a job at a library that pays me enough. No threats have been made against my life.

Any advice?
>>
>>18568472
You did right, gratz OP, all organized religion is cancer and encourages stupid-ass bigotry.

I recommend you seek out communities on internet for ex-muslims for support or perspective. I don't recommend you go full fedora or political about your opposition to islam, but rather focus on getting your life in order and be thankful to your friend that lets you stay over. Try and look forward to getting a job/going to school and accept that you won't hear from your family for a long while. Good luck!
>>
>>18568472
Get into a skilled trade as an apprentice. It pays "enough," and then, after you become a Journeyman, it pays more than "enough," and IF you can become a Master, you're looking at 6-digit income.
>>
I began to think for yourself.
>>
How did you expect your parents to react? Didn't you know they are going to be very upset?

Hurting your close relations over being right / wanting to fit in so desperately / whatever is a dick move imo.

t. atheist
>>
>>18568578
You're a fucking moron if you think that.

Op did literally the only right thing. I would rather die on my feets than live a life on my knees.

Dick move, get the fuck out of her. Not accepting that people have different beliefs, now that's a horsecock move.
>>
>>18568472
Props mate. I'm glad you have a stable job. See their reaction as proof that you were right.
>>
>>18568578
>over being right / wanting to fit in so desperately / whatever
holy shit nice projections. maybe he just doesnt want his life dictated by a bunch of camel fucking nonsense?
>>
>>18568578
>living your life like it's yours

And that's bad? Why?? Because other people say so. Yiu can be selfish all you want with yourself as long as you don't hurt others with the intention of hurting them while they are innocent

It seems OP is no doormat

Bravo OP, you just progressed in this thing called life
>>
>>18568578
I am an exmuslim who has yet to tell my family and to be frank I don't know if I can but I know I must. Tbh famalam you sound like a complete moron and should kys. Religion is often the backbone of my family and probably OP's family. Marriage, life, how you spend your time, whether or not you are praying 5 times a day, fasting, hajj, etc. are all critical components of the muslim life that you reject once you leave Islam however it also means rejecting those same values your family holds. It isn't better to hide your life, who you are, just to appease others even if they are your parents. Its an all around tragedy, but at some point you have to decide its your life and your parents should know that.
>>
Update from OP. Got a call from my brother yelling at me, and he told me to "suffer in life until I go back to hell". Friend's still helping me out. Trying not to pick up alcohol because that's not going to help, but it's very hard not to right now.

>>18568578
OP here, fuck off.

I couldn't see myself associating with a religion I found evil for the rest of my life. I hoped that my parents valued my choices over their ideologies, but that wasn't the case.

>>18568493
I may try my hand at a skilled trade soon

>>18568486
>>18568589
>>18569112
>>18569288
>>18569416
>>18570578
Thanks guys.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.