[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me, 24 >Starting med skool soon >Have an SO of +3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1488144189554.jpg (153KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1488144189554.jpg
153KB, 600x598px
>Be me, 24
>Starting med skool soon
>Have an SO of +3 years
>Skool becomes more demanding
>Shitisgettingreal
>Spend less time w/ SO
>SO not doing anything w/ their life
>Just works, no HS diploma
>Want to marry SO, but troubled by behavior in the past few days

Ah what can I do? I just want some new perspective. I'll bump thread w/ more details
>>
OP here
Had my 1st shift at a hospital yesterday
>night shift
>7pm-7am

SO called at 12am

Go home at 7:30am to take SO to work
SO is mad that I didn't respond

I got offended bc they wanted to pick a fight right after my 12/hr shift
I didn't answer bc I was working
>>
Still OP
-.-

Worked w/ some paramedics the other day
Was telling SO over dinner about my patients
>Suicide attempt
>Old hoarding couple
>Drunk
>OD's

SO just stares into the distance, not responsive to this shit
>SO loves gore/horror

Weird to me...
>>
>>18568392
I bet you're a woman and your SO's a man.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-21-17-13-23.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-21-17-13-23.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Today gave SO an ultimatum
>Get GED
>Start getting into a career

SO gets offended and storms off

IDK what to do...
Why would they be acting this way??
>>
File: 1474788991922.jpg (30KB, 280x339px) Image search: [Google]
1474788991922.jpg
30KB, 280x339px
>>18568412
>>
>>18568423
I don't know what that image is supposed to mean. Am I right?
>>
File: IMG_01601.jpg (552KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_01601.jpg
552KB, 1536x2048px
Just putting it out there I guess
So tired and burnt out from school
All my good friends are back at home
I don't have many ppl to talk with about this stuff bc I've been so busy with skool
>>
>>18568424
Yeah, w/e
I'll just let this thread die
I don't want to follow the rules
I'll figure this shit out on my own

>Bye
>>
>>18568438
This is a super common situation for women for some reason, which is why I asked. I'm a pretty educated guy, and I would never in a million years date a woman who didn't have a college degree--yet women do it all the time. Presumably a shortage of partners or something.

You should leave this guy. I don't know why women date these lazy retards who can't graduate high school or do anything with their lives for years at a time. If he hasn't gotten his shit together in like 8 years, what are he chances that he's going to do it now? You're still young and you'll regret it.
>>
>>18568392
Honestly, you both sound stupid as fuck. You're talking about a REAL suicide attempt over dinner? Come on. Also, why does him not having a HS diploma matter? It didn't matter before now, did it? What would you think of a male doctor dating a chick without a HS diploma for 3+ years, and then bringing it up as though it were an issue? Why would a male doctor dating a chick get to complain about how the chick isn't doing anything with her life? I mean, you're going to college to become a doctor, and SOMEONE'S gonna have to stay at home with the kids.

Also, if you weren't balls to the wall, I don't know why you couldn't have shot him a text, at least.

>>18568413
Fuck you, and your stupid double standards. It was totally fine back when you didn't have shit going your way, but now that you're gonna be a doctor, you don't want to feel as though you are marrying down that far. Doesn't matter that a doctor's wages can pay for an entire family, and do so comfortably. Fuck his happiness, right? He has to meet your new standards, or he has to fuck off.
>>
>>18568449
My wife doesn't have a college degree. You don't need a college degree to keep house and raise children; that's just a debt I would have to pay.
>>
>>18568468
I wouldn't date a woman who was so unambituous that all she wanted out of life was to raise kids. Besides, I doubt that this chick's SO is dreaming of being a stay-at-home dad, because almost no man does.
>>
>>18568474
Most trades don't require degrees.

Hell, I'm taking an entrance exam for a major city's police academy on the 18th and I don't have a degree. (Passed the book exam already. All that's left is the agility test.)

You don't need a degree. I'll admit that I have taken specific college classes in order to fluff my resume up for what I want to do, but a degree is mostly unnecessary unless you want to go into STEM.
>>
>>18568408
he doesnt like you, probably considering ending it, maybe is hoping he can just sabotage the relationship so you will end it so he doesnt have to

>>18568413
because you are a nagging entitled bitch
>>
>>18568474
>I wouldn't date a woman who was so unambitious that all she wanted out of life was to raise kids.
It's literally one of the most important things anyone can do. And if you are getting married, and not having kids, then why are you getting married?

>Besides, I doubt that this chick's SO is dreaming of being a stay-at-home dad, because almost no man does.

I imagine that if kids are in the cards, he's not gonna have much say in the matter. Lose the doctor wages, or lose whatever his wages are? Not even a contest.
>>
>>18568485
>It's literally one of the most important things anyone can do.

Fuck that mentality. We live in a world with 7 billion other humans. Adding one more to the bunch is not my job. I got a vasectomy and do not regret it one single bit.

>And if you are getting married, and not having kids, then why are you getting married?

Maybe because two people are happy together? I'm getting married to the woman I've been with for ten years next week.
>>
>>18568499
>vasectomy
if you are white, fuck you, if you are not white, well done
>>
>>18568510
I am white. The fact that you are racist and only want me to procreate against my better judgment because of that fact speaks volumes.
>>
>>18568499
>Maybe because two people are happy together?
So you need the state to recognize your union in order to continue being happy?

>I'm getting married to the woman I've been with for ten years next week.
What you mean to say is, "I am betting half my shit that the person I like will be a person I like for the rest of my life, all for the sake of a small tax break every year that we remain together. There is literally no other reason for me to do this, as I will not be having children, and, therefore, do not need this contract in order to position myself better legally should the union fail."

You may be smart enough for a degree, but you have zero wisdom.
>>
>>18568517
its simply a fact that white people are being outbred by africans and arabs
>>
>>18568529
Not him, but his race is utterly immaterial. There is no logical reason to marry anyone unless you are going to be a parent. It's not romantic. It's a legal contract with high risks, and little reward if you aren't going to sire children.

Personally, someone so elitist, yet foolish, probably shouldn't breed.
>>
>>18568523
>So you need the state to recognize your union in order to continue being happy?

It's a tradition kind of thing. You know, like how you feel about breeding.

>What you mean to say is, "I am betting half my shit that the person I like will be a person I like for the rest of my life, all for the sake of a small tax break every year that we remain together. There is literally no other reason for me to do this, as I will not be having children, and, therefore, do not need this contract in order to position myself better legally should the union fail."

You do not know me, nor my situation. Stop making childish assumptions.

>>18568529
So? I'm betting that the human race will eventually be so culturally homogeneous that race won't even matter anymore.

>>18568533
Your worldview sucks, man.
>>
>>18568538
>So? I'm betting that the human race will eventually be so culturally homogeneous that race won't even matter anymore.

>its ok that the white race will die out! globalism will take over anyways!

take the red pill
>>
>>18568543
The pills don't exist. The world isn't black and white.
>>
>>18568538
>It's a tradition kind of thing. You know, like how you feel about breeding.
You obviously aren't traditional, though, so there goes that argument.

>You do not know me, nor my situation. Stop making childish assumptions.
If you aren't getting married in order to get better legal rights over children, there is literally no reason to put yourself in such legal jeopardy with the exception of a very small tax break. That's it. The fact that you didn't even say, "No, I'm doing it for [insert reason]," confirms this.

>Your worldview sucks, man.
I'm not overly concerned about the opinion of someone so foolish. Thus far, your personal advice and opinions have been nothing but garbage. If anything, I'm more likely to take it as an endorsement of my views.
>>
>>18568547
the bluepilled fags are the ones saying the world is black and white!
>>
>>18568550
Marriage also helps with ICU visits, estates, and lots of other ways you aren't aware of.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.html
>>
>doesn't do anything with his life
>just works

lmaooooo fun fact if you (presumably a woman) graduate med school and enter the workforce you will more likely than not leave it in under a decade. then you will be relying on your boyfriend/husband to pay off your student debt with the well-paying job he got with his decade plus of private sector experience

if you can't make time every so often (ie maybe once in nearly 8 hours after he called?) to get in touch during a busy shift, you clearly don't give a shit. i know for a fact that docs/nurses get smoke breaks, so don't tell me you didn't have the time
>>
>>18568559
So that's it? Just to visit your woman IF something bad happens (which could be done just as easily with a Power of Attorney document that goes into effect upon incapacitation), and to inherit her shit IF the relationship happens to work out until her demise (which could also be achieved via will explicitly excluding the assumed inheritors)?

Small potatoes considering she can take you to the cleaners if she just gets bored with you over the course of literal decades.
>>
>>18568567
That is very callous. I say this as someone in the healthcare field. You've obviously never had a loved one at death's door in the ICU.

You sound like a teenager
>it'll never happen to me!

>she can take you to the cleaners
Kek, you think unmarried men don't get fucked over in favor of women they're in a relationship with (or not even)? So naive. You need to be more red-pilled.
>>
>>18568567
You must have a really low view of women.
>>
>>18568576
31 years old. Happily married for 6 years. Second kid is on the way. You also may note that I mentioned Emergency Power of Attorney, which is legally binding, and will give said person all the power that the spouse has.

>>18568583
That's like saying, "Oh, you're against the Department of Education, you must hate kids getting education," as if the Department of Education, as it stands now, is the only way children could EVER get an education (despite the fact that the Federal Department of Education wasn't formed until 1979, and education was BETTER back then.

Me saying you don't need to take unnecessary risks is not a hatred of women. It's simply stating that it is stupid to take an unnecessary risk (especially a high one, looking at the divorce rate), for what can be best described as middling rewards, at least if you choose not to have children.
>>
>>18568594
Alright, fuck it.

I mentioned that I've been with my future wife for ten years already, right?

Here's the catch:
I'm only 23 years old. We've been together for the majority of our lives. Screw everything else. If we haven't fucked this shit up by now, we're not going to.
>>
>>18568602
>Getting married before 25.
Oh, lawd, your brain isn't even fully developed yet. Well, its your funeral, buddy.

That said, I sincerely wish you luck. I will genuinely take great pleasure in you beating the odds and proving me wrong.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.