[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel like their life has actually improved ever since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1501148308428.jpg (5KB, 186x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501148308428.jpg
5KB, 186x250px
Anyone else feel like their life has actually improved ever since they discovered 4chan?

I'm not asking for advice, just wondering if there's other people who feel this way, and /adv/ is about as close as we get to a general blueboard discussion board.
>>
>>18568116
>does anyone feel their life has improved since the discovery of 4chan.
yes. I always have someone to talk to. I'm also not one of those morons that sponges up the opinions of those around me regardless of how reasonable or unreasonable they are. 4chan has been a big benefit to me.
>>
>>18568122
Yeah, plus, snooping around the other boards got me into things I wouldn't have gotten into otherwise. /lit/ got me into reading again, /fit/ got me to appreciate exercise and take better care of my body, /his/ really opened up my eyes to the past, /sci/ taught me a lot of shit I wouldn't have learned otherwise, etc. etc.
>>
>>18568116
Really did not, in many ways. Short time I browsed /pol/ turned me into a nazi, and I had to back down a bit from politics altogether to learn that /pol/ is a snake pit full of lies and that this bigoted perspective on the world is not factual (unsourced "redpill on niggers" jpg's are not facts).

However, when you don't regard /pol/, I've gotten much great advice from 4chan. As someone who have been on 4chan since 2009, I can say that there is no better place for a bored person than 4chan, because you can always read some of those funny greentext stories and stuff. Lots of practical advice you can receive too. I recommend /fa/, /adv/, /gd/ and sometimes /mu/. Avoid /pol/, /int/, /tv/ and /bant/, those places are cancerous.
>>
>>18568143
>/tv/

Literally the best place to go whenever I want to have a laugh desu. The memes are great Anon.

>/pol/

If you tread lightly, there's still things to be gained from /pol/. Good points that change how I see things are made there from time to time imo.
>>
>>18568163
Maybe you are right about /tv/, I mean they are not too bad in terms of jokes, but with /pol/ you have to be cautious, because the bait you in with the long-winded emotional rants about how "they just wanna get by as a normal dude and learn the truth" while the end result is always some form of excessive hate developing in the person. I don't know how can you "tread lightly" on /pol/, care to explain?
>>
>>18568169
/pol/ and /tv/ are the two stupidest boards on 4chan. they're a bunch of new-media sucking retards. occasionally you'll find a polysci student lurking /pol/.
>>
/mu/ is my homeboard, been browsing on and off since 2010 and it's basically kept me alive. I'm somewhat of a lurker in real life and online, I can't speak in large groups due to social anxiety and the anonymity really helps me when it gets bad. I'm not sure what my life would be like without 4chan, but I go pretty much everywhere online and I can't imagine an internet without an outlet like this. It's important and I've gotten a lot out of it.
>>
>>18568184
/pol/ is the largest board, of course you'll eventually find anybody you want on /pol/, but the vast body of people who browse that place are dumb as fuck. I know because I've seen their stupidity first-hand.

>>18568187
Sounds nice. How would you describe /mu/?
>>
>>18568193
I don't like /mu/. everyone there is an obscurist, a snob, or a trendy. they're all just going on about their own musical tastes and perspectives without paying attention to others'.
>>
Yes. Since I discovered, but not because I discovered. I think.
Maybe 4chan just gives me the confidence I needed- "Hey, look at them. There are worse cases than you!" -> "NOW LOOK AT THEM AND LAUGH BITCH."
>>
>>18568116
Yes

fit
>got over my fatty tendencies
>stopped playing vidyas
>told me to stop being a little bitch and go lift
>lost weight

soc
>made me realize i was pathetic for being so shy
>stopped meeting people on the internet
>started making friends irl

fa
>wear black and white tshirts and slacks
>everything minimalistic
>clean room now because of taking pictures for fa-ness
>collect books bc books make great fa decor
>actually read books now

bus
>realized sitting and talking about money didnt help me make money
>realized im poor af
>started budgeting and currently saved not much but its the most ive ever had

adv
>i always gravutate towards adv when im lonely
>reading the foreveralone posts makes me feel like maybe im not that bad off but idk, im pretty lonely rn
>>
>>18568221
sounds good, I am not a /fa/ guy but that board gave me good advice on always getting good fit clothes first, no matter what kind of clothes they are, and now I prefer slim fit jeans and shirts over those that are too big or small.
>>
>>18568193
>>18568199
If you're new to /mu/ or music in general you'll get shit on constantly until you learn the board culture. The gatekeeping is necessary to keep up the board quality i'd say, and when it comes down to it, it's mostly in jest. The arguments usually aren't meanspirited, people are just passionately opinionated about the music they love and hate. Some just can't take it. /mu/ is deceptively pretentious though, the board culture is actually very communal if you like listening to new music and engaging with people about it.
>>
>>18568221
>>18568233
/fa/ was my home board, can't stomach to visit it anymore. Nothing like it uses to be, objectively the worst blueboard on 4chan imo.
>>
>>18568249
>objectively the worst board
maybe the people there now are the most disgusting to you, but that doesn't mean the board doesn't have its purposes
>>
>>18568116

I've been here long (7 years) and entered during the darkest days of my puberty. It helped me to be able to express who I am, which I couldn't in real life.
>>
I do feel my life as improved after 4chan. But I think this is true for me because I tryed various boards and /adv/ is the only I realy come back to.

And I did open up sometimes here about my problems and I have screenshots of the answers that realy gave me motivation to fix them instead of fear then.

/adv/ is fucking awesome!
>>
>>18568116
It actually did, in many ways. I finally started learning Japanese seriously thanks to /jlpt/ threads, I found some good books thanks to /lit/, I made friends with various anons. /adv/ also gave me the courage to confess to my current bf who is so shy that we would probably not be together now if I hadn't taken the first step. All in all, would recommend/10.
>>
I wish I found it sooner like when I first had the internet at line 14. Being super socially awkward but knowing what sarcasm was or basic understanding of communication.

Nowadays I've understood so much since being here.

/B/ place turned gay after it became mainstream but desensitized the shit out of me
/Pol/ learning about the red pill and nationalism. Disagreeing with left wing thought.
/Fit/ funny gym memes. I already work out but these guys are something.
/V/ videogame memes didn't really learn much except about gamer gate
/CK/ food memes. Learned about some cooking sources.

Memes aside each board helped me understand a lot despite most people appearing to be posers at their craft.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.