[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what to do /adv/. I've been in a long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I don't know what to do /adv/.
I've been in a long distance relationship for about 4 months now. The girl initially was very kind and loving, but after she joined my friend group of 3 years she became more controlling of my time and demanded more and more from me (talking constantly, unable to leave calls with her to go be with friends and if I left she would be upset) to the point I couldn't take it and had to put my foot down. She accepted it after a long fight and things returned to normal, but after she had another mental breakdown a few days ago about our friend group, I've just had the urge to break up with her because she always tries to make me pick between them or her, and no matter what I pick or how much she says she will leave me if I pick them, she always finds a way to make it so I don't leave her. A part of me still loves her and would abandon the friend group for her, but another part of me knows I can never do it because I love everyone in that group to death and it would just be prolonging the inevitable. I will provide more information if asked, but what should I do?
>>
The anxiety I get from even thinking about it is so bad I can't sleep or eat when I have to think about dealing with her or the friend group. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>18568078

You leave her.
She is controlling and a loser.
Stick with your friends.
I'm sorry to put ot so bluntly but stop talking to her completely. Message her " we are done don't talk to me again ".
Then never talk to her again.
If you stay with her you will be miserable. If you stay with her she will hurt you bf those around you. She will turn you on your friends and family and you will be a pet to her. She doesn't respect the space you want or your desires to be around other people.
Stay the fucj away from her op
I know breaking up hurts but please get out now
>>
>>18568101
Thank you for the advice. I've tried to tell her I want to break up but she always manages to end up making me unable to leave her. Should I just block her on everything and try to ghost her? I don't want to be rude like that but if its a good idea...
>>
>>18568104
Block her in everything.
It's not rude. This is how you keep psycho people away from you.
I've been in both sides of no contact.
It works. Give it time.
>>
>>18568078
You shouldn't have to abandon anybody. I've been in a long distance relationship before. You can't live your life tethered by a screen no matter how much you like her, because being with someone in person and being with someone on the internet will always be two wildly different things. Either way, she needs to be OK existing on her own. She needs to be OK letting you hang out with people when she can't be there. You cannot be glued together at the hip 24/7. It's not humanly possible. If the 2 of you are incapable of existing outside of being a couple, then you are in a codependent relationship. Those are horrible and toxic.

If you can't convince her that you love her but need to be able to live your life, you should break up with her. Otherwise you're going to be stuck with resenting her while you continue this horrible cycle.
>>
>>18568108
>>18568109
Thank you both for the advice. I'll just try to tell her straight up tomorrow then remove her from my social medias. I needed to hear it.
I'm still here if anyone else wants to comment, and also something else to consider: she usually blames alot of her shortcomings like not wanting to be with our friend group on her mental illnesses (social anxiety, depression) and I didn't know if it was an excuse for me to want to stay with her or legitimate reason, even though they liked her and wanted to be around her.
>>
>>18568121
Be careful when you talk to her.
She will say anything to force you to stay with her. She will probably talk about her feeling it depression in an attempt to guilt you into staying with her or may even claim she was raped( which may or may not be true). Do not talk. Ther should be no discussion. You should tell her. This is it. This is a good bye curtosy call. And end the skype call. Block her. And be done with it. Then stay strong. Get out of the house and go do something fun.
Gl Op these things are dangerous and they can really hurt you. I hope you do alright
>>
>>18568121
It could be legitimate reasons on her part. But at some point you have to ask yourself how long you're going to let her problems bring you down, especially if she's not willing to get help for her depression or get help with her anxiety so she won't be as weird about your friend group.

You can't save her. She has to save herself first.
>>
>>18568141
Thank you for the advice. I always just believed that she wasnt manipulative and she was being honest but I just dont know anymore
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.