[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think explaining yourself to people (habits, traits, ways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 61417.png (264KB, 516x317px) Image search: [Google]
61417.png
264KB, 516x317px
Do you think explaining yourself to people (habits, traits, ways about you that developed because of past events) is a form of emasculation?

I think there's definitely a stroke of catharsis in opening up to someone about maybe something that they don't quite understand about you. However, packaging and (I guess) repurposing something that was natural and boundless to explanation can feel draining and strange. At least to me.

How do you feel about this?
>>
>>18567990
I'm a very unusual person, so I find explaining quirks is a way to put people at ease even if it makes no sense to them. People are more comfortable if you embrace your weirdness than if you try to play it off or ignore it.
>>
Everyone has their baggage and shit that has made them messed up, it's how you learn and grow from it that defines who you are.

You shouldn't have to excuse yourself and apologize to someone you are freshly acquainted with. If they are that judgemental of your character then you shouldn't have to explain yourself. They aren't worth it.

That being said, if it is someone you have become close with there is definitely benefits in venting about this stuff. Helps them to understand you even more as a person, and although it makes you vulnerable it will overall increase their trust in you.
>>
>>18567990
Yes it means you treat them as master like you are asking for their approval.
>>
>>18567990
I'm proud of who I am, and what I did in the past helped craft that, so no, I don't find it emasculating. Then again, I don't volunteer shit.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.