[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Short of it: >take class in university >professor is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

Short of it:

>take class in university
>professor is a horrible man
>he curses us out every class, has unreasonable assignments, fails entire class on work 'to teach us a lesson,' called one girl a bitch and made her cry when he yelled at her, and is just awful
>ends up sending me a really personal, ugly email when I say I will be missing a class for work

(It's an intro to film production basics class... and I was working as a PA on an actual production)

>I respond by saying "Sorry, my actual job in production comes before this basics class"
>he sends me five emails over the course of 20 minutes, really just saying some horrible things about me, my future, my physical appearance, and my "attitude."
>I ignore them
>the next day at work, my production manager (my boss) says she got a call from this professor and he advised her I should be fired
>I'm not, but my boss says that I can't work there if I'm going to be making waves
>Then I get a call from the professor the same week saying that he knows my church where I volunteer/serve (???) and that he might just tell them what kind of person I am
>I drop the class but he sees my in the building and corners me
>yells about how I am a failure and that I should drop out and get used to minimum wage now

A week later, I attempted suicide. Ended up in the hospital for a long weekend.

Now the university is forcing me to take his class again. He's already sent me an email saying "how much he's looking forward to seeing me again"

I'm so scared and upset and I have no idea what to do. The university won't do shit. I'm so close to graduating and after last time, I was able to take advanced classes without this basics class but I still am forced to get the credit.

I just feel horrible and terrified. What can I do? I don't want to get legal stuff involved - I just want to avoid this monster.
>>
OP, you're either being overly dramatic or you're telling the truth. If you're telling the truth, forward his "nasty emails" to his boss, as that's the most obvious move. He's the one who dug his own grave by harassing students via email. If you're unwilling to report behavior that's deserving of termination then nothing will be done. Make the changes you want to see.

You say that "the university won't do shit" but how do you know that? Did you try?
>>
>>18566099
just report him , literally if he's this much of an asshole other students will back you on this.
>>
Uhhhh report him to the school and threaten him with harassment charges/ restraining order.
>>
>>18566140
>>18566143
>>18566181
That's the thing - the university knows and has seen his emails. They were sympathetic to a degree and they allowed me to bypass the class to take those advanced classes I mentioned. They then promised I could take the class with another professor come this coming fall.

Now, though, they've told me this professor is the only one teaching this class for the foreseeable future. I must take it to graduate. The Department head said he wants to work with me to make this work but I don't see how it can.

He/the school doesn't know about the in-person stuff, the suicide attempt, or the calls. Just the emails.

I am not trying to skip a class - just replace it or hell, even ANYTHING else. If I tell the school/ department head everyrhing, I'm afraid of some legal shit going down. I don't want to do that, but I'm not sure what else to do.
>>
>>18566199
OP, it may suck, but if you report emails that are clearly indicative of harassment by a professor and nothing is done, then you will have to keep escalating it until something IS done. It doesn't matter if you make waves now, that professor is doing it for you already.
>>
>>18566199
Get as many people from that class to back you as possible and you all go down and report his ass, I've seen professors fired for much, much less.
>>
>>18566099
Suck it up, and deal with someone being a dick to you for 3 months, and move on. Seriously, it's 3 months. And then you never have to deal with it again.
>>
>>18566241
Yeah, this is completely unacceptable behavior. Firstly, teachers and students agree to terms, which unless your university is so shitty as to not have anti-harassment policies, he should be terminated under their own policies and seeing as how you've PAID MONEY expecting some level of standards, you could threaten them with a lawsuit (the university itself) and threaten him with harassment charges and file for a restraining order.

I realize that the threat of an attorney might not even realistically be within your power, but if you were to tell them hiring an attorney would be less costly than attending another year at this university on top of the professor CLEARLY breaching policy and the university not upholding their policies to protect students from this type of behavior, then you'd have a strong case for you and even the threat of a reasonable lawsuit will get them to change their tune quickly.

You can't back down from this shit. Sometimes you need to get aggressive.
>>
>>18566099
>professor is mean to you
>try to kill yourself

OP, why are you so weak? buck up! he's just some dude, fuck him! find his church and send the pastor his emails. fuck him up right back. don't be a pussy about it. now the dude knows he fucking owns you. he literally almost got you to kill yourself. you're his toy now. man up and stand the fuck up to this dickwad.
>>
>>18566302
I had preexisting anxiety and depression, plus all three of my living grandparents died during that time. I was docked a letter grade for each of their funerals I attended. Just added to the fire, I guess.
>>
>>18566300
This is oddly inspiring. I really do need to stand up for myself.

I like a couple of those lines, too. Should I write an email first, then go over the departments head to the dean, then so on? The next in the chain of command would be the Dean of students. I could try something there...

I guess I just really don't want the hassle but it is an injustice and I shouldn't be so passive and let him ruin my mood for the foreseeable future.
>>
Here's a fun fact: for "Intro to Production Basics," his sylybus is almost 50 pages long.

He has his own website he hosts with it on there. It's batshit.
>>
>>18566514
Please share.
>>
>>18566514
Just claim he is being racist to your heritage as a 1/80th Native American pc in colleges on ridiculous
>>
>>18566521
http://professorbiddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17_03_FA_3210_07102017.pdf

>>18566522
I'm a white, straight, protestant, middle class male. I doubt I could get any kind of PC sympathy, hah.
>>
>>18566538
Just say 1/80th Native American faggot
>>
>>18566547
And invoke the Cherokee spirits to curse my bloodline for lying about my heritage? No thanks
>>
>>18566547
How are you so deluded that you think this would work?
>>
>advises me being fired
>for no reason
>doesnt even know me outside the classroom
>corners me inside my building
>wtf

Seriously op, no offense, but you kinda deserve it for being such a push over. Don't take that type of shit from anybody under any circumstances.
I'dve probably beat his ass when he called my work place fuck the bullshit.
>>
>>18566570
Literally people claim being misgendered should be a crime , trust me it can be done
>>
>>18566538
dude, this is at UGA?? I'm in Atlanta, went to GT. I'm sort of shocked UGA allows this behavior. They usually do not.. I'd go to the deal about him docking you full letter grades for attending funerals and shit... the whole thing sounds nuts.
>>
>>18566673
his ratings are really good tho
http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1720160
>>
>people actually believe that this happened
>>
>>18566538
>1 absence Loss of one complete letter grade for the class
(i.e. Your “A” drops to a “B”)
Does your school do teacher evaluations?
>>
>>18566099
Can we see some screenshots of the emails?
>>
File: mercypls.png (146KB, 257x367px) Image search: [Google]
mercypls.png
146KB, 257x367px
>>18566701
>Lateness (and/or leaving early with permission) has the value of an absence. To
simplify, “late = absent.”
>>
>>18566708
This seems to just be getting worse
>As of 01/04/17, the delineation between excused and unexcused no longer
exists. If you are absent or late, the penalty will be the same
>>
OP Post his email and/or name. people who get rattled this easily are fun to mess with.
>>
>>18566729
It's on the syllabus.
>>18566538
>>
>>18566099
>shit that never happened:the post
>>
>>18566795
>>18566693
Swear it did. No reason to make this up. It's not even that far-fetched, is it?

>>18566736
>>18566729
Please don't mess with him. I just know he'd find a way to take it out on us.

>>18566673
>>18566677
I know - I just... I feel like there's some else going on here. Like he has something over on UGA that keeps him from being fucking fired. He is the ONLY one who teaches this intro class, there is ONLY one section of it, and that's not all.

He has three PhD students... and he himself barely has a Master's. He also SINCE I MENTIONED IT put up a Curriculum Vitae (or whatever it's called) on the school's website, and his 'real world/professional' credits are a joke. Student films and low budget disasters, honestly.

THEN last year, on Rate my Professor, his score dropped to, like, a 2 but my and my classmates' negative reviews suddenly disappear.

It's all so baffling. I don't know what else to do.
>>
>>18567564
it is odd that he only has 11 ratings and they're all perfect... you left him a negative rating and it disappeared? very strange... I see what you're saying.
>>
>>18567677
Not only did I, but I know for a fact that five or six others did as well. I read them! Now they're no where to be seen.

Here's another story about him.

His class and lab are followed by another department class (by a really awesome professor), and they put them back to back in the same room because they figure 99% of students will take both in the same semester. I did.

But since I dropped Biddle's, I would just show up at 2 or so for the next class. Everyone's already seated when I get there (save the others who dropped as well).

I walk in one day and this girl is just crying on the floor. Another girl and a guy are comforting her. I walk over and ask what happened. The guy said that Biddle had laid into all of them and was yelling and screaming about how they'd never get anywhere in the industry and how they were trash or whatever, and she started getting panic attack-y (I would too).

Apparently she got up to leave, and he blocked the door and screamed at her, calling her a quitter or something like that. She was still crying when I came in.

I saw the review that she left him. She stuck inside the guidelines (nothing insulting, but sure didn't pull any punches) and now it's gone. It's incredible.
>>
File: IMG_0611.jpg (256KB, 1349x1379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0611.jpg
256KB, 1349x1379px
I know who can help you...

Memeing aside, why do you not want to get into legal stuff? You could ruin this asshole's life. If he's as bad as you say he is, the other students would probably be more than eager to help. You can't avoid assholes like that I think, you have to retaliate.
>>
>>18567714
This
Tell the school that you're willing to pursue legal action because getting an attorney is cheaper then finishing out the school year. Let them know about how he confronted you and give the names of people who also have been targeted. Let them know about the suicide attempt and how they can lose a lot of money
>>
The fuck are you waiting for? Show the emails to the dean (whatever the fuck you yankee`s call the leader) and get your boss to testify about the phone call.
>>
>>18567714
I'm sure the lads are all up for diddling the biddle too.
OP, post screenshots from emails or bugger off.
>>
File: c93.jpg (72KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
c93.jpg
72KB, 600x720px
>>18566538
>that "forbidden" list
holy shit what an autist
>>
>>18568188
OP is likely the man himself, and he's probably doxing himself for the "lulz", the pleb.
>>
>>18567677
>all those sycophantic ratings
I have NEVER seen a professor with ratings like that, even ones everyone loved.
If he's being a cunt, record the audio of him shitting himself, or video if you can do so subtly. Talk to the dean/admin, if they won't do anything, anonymously send it to your local news.
They eat that shit up.
A guy in one of my classes got harassed by the professor constantly because the kid was Bosnian. Took doing what I described to get him out.
>>
>>18566099
I would ignore him. You dropped the class. It's over, he can't cause you any more trouble without putting his own job at risk. If he sends emails, complain to the administration that he is harrassing you, even though you dropped the class. If he does it in person, go to the police and get a restraining order (it will require an affidavit, but, so long as you aren't lying, you have nothing to worry about).
>>
>>18568217
>http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1720160
a bunch of those look like they were written by the same person, no doubt, the cunt himself. Seems like a faggot who enjoys writing about himself in the third person. Biddle, ya fuckin queer, I'll bust ya!
>>
>>18568225
I'm sorry - I failed to mention the most important part of this story, and why I'm asking for help.

The university is making me take this class again, starting on 8/14.

That's why I'm so fucked up. I have to go through this again, only this time, with a target on my back. The department informed me today that "they are willing to sit down with me and Biddle to make sure I'm comfortable" but this guy is such a monster, I don't know if I can.

It's ruined me.
>>
>>18568231
>The cornerstone of the mass media arts program
I have checked out dozens of professors, and never saw a single review calling anyone a "cornerstone."
It's obviously him writing about himself.

>>18568243
>The university is making me take this class again, starting on 8/14.
Take it with a different teacher, or don't take it at all. I would rather go and get a single class at another college than be forced to learn from someone who is gunning for me.
>>
>>18568250
Biddle is the only teacher at the university that teaches this fucking intro class, it is required for me to graduate, and in your senior year at UGA, there's a residency rule that says I can't take classes at any other college.

I'm fucked. I mean, it's like a perfect storm of shit.
>>
>>18566099
>go to lecture
>secretly record
>post on le reddit
>everyone loses their shit at it
>public outcry

Job done
>>
>>18568255
Oh, then I've still got you covered. Just keep an analog audio recorder (NOT digital) on you at all times. If he EVER tries to interact with you in any way (including during EVERY SINGLE class), just start recording. You don't need his consent to record audio in Georgia.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-it-legal-in-ga-to-audio-or-video-record-my-conv-1110223.html

Document every interaction you have with him, and, if/when you need to, present it to the administration.
>>
I just looked him up on the UGA website, the guy looks like a tool. I can believe this shit.
>>
>>18568255
You're just going to have to nut up and face this man. Follow the advice, record and document every interaction you have with him. Try to fly under the radar and just get it done. Otherwise take this to /b/ and reddit and let them have a field day.
>>
>>18568273
These days, you'd have more luck with /pol/ than /b/, unless you just want them to order the professor pizza, flood his inbox with emails, and drop his Rate My Professor score to 1.

A lot of the old /b/-tards that actually got shit done went to /pol/, and they fucking hate professors that abuse their position. That said, shit rolls downhill, and whatever they do to him is gonna be taken out on his students.
>>
>>18566099

>(It's an intro to film production basics class... and I was working as a PA on an actual production)
>I respond by saying "Sorry, my actual job in production comes before this basics class"

So what it comes down to is you think you're a hot shot because you're making sure the crafty table is clean, and you're getting stingers for gaff.

If you want to make it in this industry, treat everyone with respect, even if you don't respect them.

What you should do? Get through the fucking class. Keep your head down, and do good work. I had a sound design teacher that would make fun of my voice and say he has sensitive ears. I had a equipment director who lit into me because I always returned equipment 15 minutes late. I wanted to lash out at people so many times, but I bit my tongue, and some of those people are helping me find work.

This industry is hard, and it breeds a lot of miserable people. But, it is worth it...I think.
>>
>>18568315
Did you just ignore everything else in the thread
>>
>>18568329

I read the entire syllabus. Everything the guy states is on point.

He should add cemeteries to his student film cliches, though.

Let me explain something to you. In my first year of college I took a mandatory English class. The teacher didn't allow any absences. Broke your leg? That is an absence. In the hospital? That is an absence. Late handing in an assignment? That might as well be an absence.

But, why was she so strict? Probably for the same reasons this guy is. To weed out the people that shouldn't be there. That is how a lot of first year courses are.

I truly think OP is being a little bitch about it. He wants to whine about harassment, but doesn't want to take legal action. So OP needs to nut up or shut up.
>>
>>18568374
>t. Biddle
>>
>>18568374
>But, why was she so strict? Probably for the same reasons this guy is. To weed out the people that shouldn't be there. That is how a lot of first year courses are.
>weed out people that shouldn't be there

Fuck off, Biddle. It's just fucking college. You can be a literal retard and pass all your classes as long as you show up and don't hurt your teacher's ego.
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>18568377

>You can be a literal retard and pass all your classes as long as you show up and don't hurt your teacher's ego.

Yeah, and it sounds like OP can't even do that much so he shouldn't be there lmfao BUH-BYE!!!
>>
>>18568374
I've never seen a teacher like that, let alone something as stupid and pointless as an English teacher. Yeah, there have been cases where assignments are due when they are due, no excuses (broke your leg? Should have finished your assignment first), but excused absences are a thing, and if a teacher tried to get rid of them, the second someone got hit by a car on their way to class, that policy would be challenged and reversed.
>>
>>18568385

You do realize in this field 12+ hour days, sometimes 7+ days straight are the norm, right?
>>
File: Faculty_BiddleJim_2016.jpg (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Faculty_BiddleJim_2016.jpg
10KB, 300x250px
>>18568374
Fuck off Biddle. Shouldn't you be creating fake accounts and leaving "positive" responses on ratemyprofessor.com?
>>
>>18568395
Are you not even guaranteed a living.

IT is great though.
>>
File: handslomo.png (380KB, 945x416px) Image search: [Google]
handslomo.png
380KB, 945x416px
>>18568410

I'd rather only have to work 50 days out of the year, thank you though. Enjoy being in an office telling people their speakers aren't plugged in and that is why no sound is coming out 5 days a week for the next 60 years of your life.
>>
>>18568420
>all of IT is desktop support

IT is a pretty broad field but thanks for role-playing. You can put your widdle penis back in your pants Biddle.
>>
>>18568374
I work in a field where mistakes cause deaths.
I never had a professor like that.
That syllabus isn't trying to build people who will advance their field, it's trying to build clones of skinny gay Orson Welles.
>>
He sound based af, why is this a problem? Just shit back.
>>
>>18568395
it's not even all that much about his rules and all, I mean they're strict and I don't agree with the unexcused absence stuff, but even then, if you read this thread, you'd know that he's just generally a cock
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.