[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on quitting bad health habits? Trying to live a sober life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: EkD5zPZ8.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
EkD5zPZ8.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Tips on quitting bad health habits?

Trying to live a sober life and give up weed, all nicotine sources and alcohol. Anyone done it?
>>
Weed isn't physically addictive. It's just a matter of stopping.

Alcohol and nicotine are both physically addictive with marked withdrawal effects. with those, it's a matter of scaling down. The most effective strategy is to scale down and keep to your schedule and goals.

Some people find cold turkey better, but that's up to personal choice. ultimately, there's no 12 step program, no pill, no quick fix for it. You just have to pull up your big boy pants and quit the bullshit. It's mind over matter. It's the only way to do it.

Always remember: If you continue in the direction you're going, you'll end up where you're headed.
>>
>>18566100
With the weed, I know it's not physically addictive but I've come to a pattern of using it to curb anxiety so it is somewhat addicting to me because I don't know any other way of coping at this point.
>>
>>18566114
If you're taking it as medicine, why do you consider it a "bad habit"?

Figure yourself out and then make some decisions. Maybe you have the willpower to control your anxiety without drugs, and maybe you don't. If you're doing these "bad habits" because of some other problem in your life, then surely it should come as no surprise to you that you should resolve those underlying issues first.
>>
>>18566120
not OP but self medicating whether it be with weed or alcohol is a bad habit. weed is also degenerate.
>>
>>18566100
Not true for nicotine.

Cutting back just helps cut back. Sudden unplanned cold turkey has the highest success rate for smokers.

As a heavy smoker myself that sounds fucking bananas to me but the statistics show it.

Anyway, OP, ive had the best success quitting smoking for long periods with champix. That stuff really works if you can bare the side effects for awhile. I work on construction and have an extremely hard time keeping away, im terrible at keeping cigarettes out.

Alcohol is not as addictive as cigarettes so in my mind should be easier.

Ive had alcohol addiction, and I just stop one day and weather the mild ass side effects compared to whenever i try to not smoke.

Pretty easy. But also you arent me and Ill acknowledge that. But i also think part of my success with alcohol is i dont make a big thing out of it.
>>
>>18566120
>underlying issues

True for weed.

Cigarettes and alcohol have actual chemical dependence mechanisms at play.. You dont need underlying issues and general anxiety to get addicted.

Go do blow for a month and come back and tell us how easy it was to stop after because you dont have other issues.

That of course is a ridiculous challenge and I hope you dont but you definitely would have a monkey on your back by the end of it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.