[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your own personal remedy for panic attacks? I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: panic-attack-full.jpg (46KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
panic-attack-full.jpg
46KB, 1000x667px
What's your own personal remedy for panic attacks? I get them for no reason. I can be having the time of my life with no worries in the world but I'll get them out of nowhere. I am not an anxious person.

>Chest starts feeling really weird
>Feels like all my insides are sinking to the floor
>Heart starts beating like it's going to explode
>Legs and arms feel frail and weak, can barely move them
>Hands shake uncontrollably and nothing I do stops them

It's not so much terrifying as it is annoying as fuck. I can't stand it. I have no idea why I'm getting them or why they're happening. I live a good life, I have no reason to be anxious or scared of anything nor am I the person who worries about much.

I had one while my friends and I were at Buffalo Wild Wings talking about his home renovation. I get angry when I get them more than scared because it feels like I've lost control of my body and nothing I do calms it down.

My gf kept bugging me to go to a doctor so I did. EKG and blood tests came back just fine. I'm in exceptional health according to him and there's no reason for this shit to be happening. They come out of nowhere for no reason. My family also doesn't have a history of this happening, I just want to know how others make this shit go away.

Luckily, mine only last a few minutes while some people I've talked to get them for hours on end.
>>
>>18565279
tiny doses of benzodiazpines in conjunction with working to either solve or learn to not care about every problem that is giving you anxiety
>>
>>18565279
That is not a panic attack. That's just anxiety.

A panic attack feels like a heart attack. You will literally call 911 if you are having a panic attack, because you will think you are dying.
>>
>>18565279
http://www.womensheart.org/content/heartdisease/panic_attack_or_heart_attack.asp

>Chest pain and difficulty breathing are common symptoms in both panic attack and heart attack as they trigger the body's "fight or flight" response, but these are also signs of ischemia - a lack of blood flow to the heart muscle. Other common symptoms include rapid, pounding heartbeats (palpitations), sweating, feeling of impending doom, transient burning sensation in the chest, dizziness, nausea, severe indigestion and unusual fatigue (sudden onset of unusual fatigue is women's chief symptom of heart attack, yet it often goes unreported to emergency room staff). If symptoms last for more than 2-3 minutes or if the pain leaves and then returns, it could be heart disease with ACS and you need to call 9-1-1 and get to the emergency room right away. Only by having testing beyond the standard electrocardiogram will you know if the pain is coming from your heart.
>>
I recently started getting them for "no reason" as well. My symptoms are more along the lines of not being able to breathe and intense nausea/vomiting and sweating. I also experience similar symptoms to yours. I'll be having a fantastic date with my bf and suddenly take a bite of food and get light headed/nauseous and start sweating.

Just speaking from my limited experience it's probably coming from some intense external stress. Mine seemed to be coming from looming college graduation and have become few and far between since graduation.

Try to figure out if something is really stressing you, even if you believe it isn't. I was very confident and excited about graduation but still experienced this. Also see if they have become associated with some activity, mine became associated with eating and claustrophobic situations despite never having issues with either so don't be afraid to rule anything out no matter how comfortable you are with it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.