[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I autistic or aspie? >22 years old >Not a virgin but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 5436795917_55ee2c55fd_b.jpg (465KB, 1024x579px) Image search: [Google]
5436795917_55ee2c55fd_b.jpg
465KB, 1024x579px
Am I autistic or aspie?
>22 years old
>Not a virgin but only dated one girl
>I'm quiet and introverted
>Sometimes I'm shy other times I simply don't know what to say
>I hate small talk but I try sometimes. Takes a lot of effort.
>Still oblivious when girls are flirting with me. I usually realize when it's too late.
>I'm not even good at reading facial expressions unless their dead obvious.
>I've been a lewronggeneration music fag since middle school. I've eased up in the past few years with more modern mainstream music. I'm still discovering classic albums and legacy artists (I guess is the proper term) weekly.
>I have a few friends but I am able to spend weeks and even months alone happily lol.
>My friends are suprisingly not weirdos like me.
>The rare times I do get the number I end up getting nowhere due to being socially inept and inexperienced with flirting/dating.
>Not overweight
>I'm average

I want to start working out to get lean and then go to bars and clubs. Right now I'm too skinny for that. I see other skinny guys do well. It can't be nice guy syndrome. I have to be slow.
>>
Do the test
>>
Have you ever met a person who actually has autism or aspergers? Those terms get thrown around a lot on 4chan but in reality it's extremely evident right away that they have a disability.

I think you're just shy and introverted, these are things that can be improved through practice. You say you have a hard time conversing with people, you just have to force yourself to do it more often until it gets easier. Do you have trouble looking people in the eyes when talking to them? I noticed that was something I had an issue with, so I forced myself to do it. It was surprisingly hard at first but now I don't even think about it.

And hey you have friends and you've had a gf before so you're doing a lot better than many others here. As for the music there's nothing wrong with having a preference for older music, just don't get into the whole "man I wish I was born in x year everything sucks these days."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa-50ZYvHPw
>>
>>18564947
You sound like an average male, don't worry about it, you are fine.
>>
>>18564967
Thanks. These days I'm no longer shy or anxious. Mostly do enjoy keeping to myself. I'm happy to be alive in this era because the tech and medicine is pretty great. The girl was a desperate single mother from a dating app. The sex was great. She was ok. I've had one co worker who was autistic. I was always nice and respectful. He was pretty annoying at times, would invade your bubble, always lie to fit in and always jumped into more intimate conversations. I'm still not sure what makes one autistic or aspie. I can talk to people easily but I don't have a life so I have to resort to humor a lot, get them to do more talking, or small talk.
>>
>>18564977
If I am scott free I'm still not completely fine. I don't know how to grow. I'm having trouble finding out if she's flirty or nice that I'm starting to stop trying.
>>
>>18565006
if girls are flirty or nice at times. It's not low self esteem. Partially might be my failures in dating and my social ineptitude.
>>
Nah

Mental/personality disorders are defined by what's in the name, "disorder." Everything is a spectrum. Some people are sadder than most (but not depressed), or more OCD than most (but not OCD), or have some other maladaptive, minor (if fundamental) mental quirk or problem. Yet, they don't have the "disorder" itself, because it doesn't fuck them up. Mental disorders aren't a binary thing, that you have entirely or don't have at all. Also, considering the complexity of people, mental disorders are also often loose, descriptive, categorical... and a single "disorder" can be totally different from sufferer to sufferer, so you shouldn't want to identify with one. Not to say diagnosis isn't valuable and mental disorders don't relate to real problems, but the thing is, there's no use identifying with one or wanting to find the one that explains your problems just cause you have some problems. But hell, you could always talk to a therapist if you want a professional opinion.

tl;dr, for certain common traits (introvertedness) to be pathologized (autism) it actually has to FUCK. YOU. UP. and the pathologization is just a practicality anyway

Also, aside from all that, based on what you said, I don't think there's a reason for you to think you have autism or asperger's
>>
>>18565118
Thanks. So I'm just basic lol?
>>
>>18565207
I mean, if you want to act like everyone's either basic or insane, sure, you're basic. IMO people are often pretty unique and interesting, it's just that it's because they're complex enough to end up tons of different ways, not because they're crazy outliers. Relatively "normal" isn't boring and isn't bad, fuck the hipsters that say otherwise.
>>
>>18564947
No you're not. You are just a perfectly normal socially awkward guy.

There is a BIG difference between not being smooth at social interactions and not being able to do them at all, and you are well on the 'normie' side of the line.
>>
>>18565218
I want to be decent enough to take a girl out on a date. Help lol.
>>
Gonna piggy back off this self diagnostic thread, so get ready to >be me
>be 24
>also quiet and introverted
>self confident, but generally can't think of anything to say
>usually 100% quiet or (rarely) an active and engaging part of the conversation, not much middle ground
>similarly polarized in relationships- I'm either distant and hard to contact or hanging out with you every day as long as we're best friends/in a relationship
>very anxious
>weird (and common) violent, embarrassing, and obvious physical tic associated with anxiety
>self conscious breakdowns where I go mute and kind of catatonic
>random emotional breakdowns and crying sometimes around people I'm close to
>very mistrusting and anxious in close relationships
>not sure if I seem prudish or joyless or something to people cause I try to be principled
>always latch on to only one person
>very distant and casual (but totally "normal") around people I'm not close to

Can this be categorized?
>>
>>18565215
Thank you
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.