[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever lie about experience on resumes or job applications?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: gg.jpg (117KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
117KB, 640x478px
Anyone ever lie about experience on resumes or job applications? I just graduated college and have been looking for a job. Thing is, my buddy and old roommate simply lied about his credentials and found a great job in no time, and advises that I do the same? Anyone have any sort of tips for doing that?
>>
Don't. My friend does interviews occasionally and he's caught people lying.
>>
b u m p
>>
>>18564706
Well I would want to be subtle and not aim for anything huge, which is what my friend did, he said he worked for a company that no one had heard of that went under so no one could investigate
>>
My family own a business, I use it as a front to shoot my experience in it or other things. Companies would lie to you if they would get away with it.
>>
>>18564695
Lying about your credentials is a bad idea, because you might get into situation where you are expected to perfrom at a level that you can't sustain, and you can't fall back on "I don't know how to do this shit" excuse because you said on your resume that you can do this shit.

I've personally never lied on my resume and instead put in effort to ACTUALLY acquire the kind of experience that I can put on my resume later.
>>
>>18564695
Yeah, I have but I made my lies believeable. I didn't say I was the CFO of some company, just white lies such as working a different position in a company or saying I worked at a place for two years instead of one.
>>
>>18564695
Lie, but don't lie in a way that they can verify is false.
>>
>>18564695
Worst case scenario if you don't lie - it takes longer to find a job
Worst case scenario if you do lie - you get fired and blacklisted in the industry
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.