[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do i keep getting "connection error" when trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: fucking hell.png (10KB, 331x272px) Image search: [Google]
fucking hell.png
10KB, 331x272px
why do i keep getting "connection error" when trying to use the popup reply but then can just scroll up and use the fixed reply area without even having to reload the page?
>>
>>18564608
do you use a VPN?
>>
You have AdBlock partially disabled or something.

It thinks the pop-up reply from /adv/ board is a pop-up /adv/ertisement
>>
I also have this problem and would like to know if a solution exists.
>>
>>18564608
turn off ad block stupid
>>
>>18564619
>>18564633
test
>>
>>18564619
>>18564633
>>18564661
wtf adblock hasnt had that effect on other boards. what is different about /adv/

>>18564621
disabling my adblock fucking worked
>>
>>18564664
>what is different about /adv/
the name, your adblocker thinks it stands for advertisement
>>
>>18564673
oh lol, wow, thats pretty funny, thanks friends, it was a real pain in the ass especially since i am so used to not having the problem so i kept on opening the popup and trying to do it
>>
>>18564608
Just don't use the popup reply with adblock on.

Also, there was some ridiculous captcha few days back with images that took 10 seconds to transistion to next ones when you clicked and guessed on them, followed by 5 "spot the traffic sign" puzzles if you failed the previous one. It got me really fucking frustrated back then, I am glad this issue is gone by now.
>>
>>18564608
There are bugs in 4chan, and that's one. Sometimes you have to close down 4chan, close down your browser and then come back online, when 4chan will decide you're someone new and be OK
>>
>>18564673
Oooooooooooh so that was it, that's funny. I used to have those problems but disabled adblock sitewide because I figured I'd support a lil bit a website I use so much.
>>
it's been like this for years but they have no incentive to fix it because why would they fix something that kills business
>>
>>18565407
read the thread retard.
>>
>>18564608
If you're using an ad blocker, there's an extension that exists on in /adv/ that gets blocked by ad blockers that you have to allow manually to get the quick reply to work correctly.

At least that was my issue.
>>
>>18565420
are you sure youre in the right thread?
>>
>>18564661
testing aswell
>>
Wow, it's not just me? I've been having this issue for ages. I really don't want to turn off adblock. Is there a different adblock that doesn't have this problem? I use ABP.

>>18565406
I would do that if we had our nice old moot advertisements. The current click bait ads make me mad.
>>
>>18564608
whenever this happens to me I found that opening up an incognito window makes the problem go away
>>
>>18565843

You don't have to turn the adblocker off entirely, just disable it on /adv/.
>>
>>18565860
I don't want to see the awful click bait ads on /adv/. /adv/ is my main board.
>>
Phone poster here. Thanks for the thread.

I'm wondering why does the popup reply work when I hold the phone in portrait mode, but not landscape? If I try to use it in landscape mode, it bumps me down to the bottom of the page. It didn't used to be like this. I've been lurking for years
>>
>>18565879
What I do is pause it when I want to post, then turn it back on.

Just did it now for this post.
>>
Awesome thread. Thanks.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.