[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi everyone. I'll try to make this short. Recently I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: ghost.png (2KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
2KB, 220x229px
Hi everyone. I'll try to make this short.
Recently I've been receiving a lot of text messages from an old acquaintance (we haven't seen each other in a year+). I was never particularly close with this guy, so I figured that once we stopped seeing each other all contact would be cut off.

Now, out of the blue, he's been sending me these long messages about how much fun we used to have together, how much he misses our old friend group, how much I touched his life, etc.
(Looks like he felt a lot closer to me than I did to him???)

Anyway. There is no way I want to start up communication with this guy again. I'm moving on to a different stage of my life (even moving out of country). What should I do? Should I just ghost him and let it go? Should I keep talking to him and hope he stops? Should I tell him upfront that I probably won't keep talking to him? How do I even do that??

I know it's a simple question, but I appreciate any advice. Thanks.
>>
>>18564560
Are you femanon? If yes, then you should just straight out tell him that life has moved on and he has to come to terms that past is past. If you don't do this, the poor thing will keep going on sending you messages from time to time, because he still doesn't know that what happened is in past now.
>>
>>18564615

I'm female.
I'm nervous to turn him down because I've never done anything like it before...something like this? "I really appreciate that you want to reach out to me, but I don't have a lot of time to talk anymore?"
Also, does this make it seem like I'm assuming he wants a relationship with me? For all I know he really does want to check up on an old friend and is just being sappy about it.
>>
>>18564631
Just if he writes again, tell him that "I am sorry anon but I'm having busy times and don't have time for chatting now" if you can't think of anything else. You can be nice about it if you like, but in some way you should really let him know it's useless to keep going on about hoping to get together with you.

I think he might appreciate your honesty or understand even, but if you just don't respond or give out short responses, he will eventually just grow to resent you. I know because I'm a guy and my first gf dumped me straightforward which at first I found painful, but later I realized it's more about her, while with some girls who have been pretending or ignoring me, I've pondered far too long if it's something I did wrong. The later one takes longer to recover, by the way.
>>
>>18564672
Okay. I'll just go for it next time he sends me a message, hopefully without thinking about things too hard.
Thanks for the advice. I think I just needed someone to tell me to do it.
>>
>>18564688
you're welcome, take it easy OP
>>
>>18564688
I would ignore him. Many guys have a tendency to react poorly when they are told you don't want to interact with them. If you want to avoid being called horrible names, just stop responding.
>>
>>18564752
>guys have a tendency to react poorly when they are told you don't want to interact with them
Not all people are supreme gentlemen like picture related, namefag.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.