[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a job at amazon (USA), I hear it's a very demanding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Masumi-Seki-19481.jpg (66KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Masumi-Seki-19481.jpg
66KB, 225x350px
Starting a job at amazon (USA), I hear it's a very demanding a dehumanizing job. What can I do to get the most of the job while working the least? Who should I try to be friends with? Failing everything else, How can I spite the company by sabotaging the productivity of myself and others without getting fired?
>>
Worked at amazon for 5 months. This was was during the holiday season. It sucked. Worked 10-11 hours. 40-45 hours a week. you get 3 days off. Depending on how the week goes. You don't have to over time. Its impossible to slack off. You are given a badge and they send you over to your station to pack boxes. They track your progress.They expect you to pack ~250 boxes an hour. If you are doing poor a PA officer will come with a tablet and ask why you are doing so poorly. Its very loud. Find some earplugs in warehouse they help. You get 15 mins for breakfast. use other microwaves from diffrent breakrooms. Your gonna wait alot just to heat your food. TIME GOES REALLY QUICK.

They only care how many boxes you pack not the contents. You have to 5 minutes early. to clock in and clock out. Bring water YOUR GONNA NEED IT. The water is very demanding. Your going to mess up alot. Take your time they will forgive new people.
Also you can't listen to music. "Its a hazard" So I hope you like being alone with your thoughts for 10-11 hours. Leave 2 minutes early. Because it takes forever to get out of traffic. Seek inside jobs that don't track you. For sabotaging .They leave their computers up with the ip address open.Use that and expose here on 4chan i gusse.
>>
I worked in Amazon but in their security. Trust me when I say this, if you don't make rate you're out the door. They humiliate people.
>>
>>18564770
Best way to hurt the feelings of security goons?
>>
>>18564668
Is this really what being working class is like? Why ever bother?
>>
>>18564802
Because sadly it's all people have
>>
>>18564802
You need money. What are your alternatives? You gonna go on disability, and rely on some paltry sum every month until it inevitably collapses, where you will be 40 years old with no work experience?
>>
>>18564802
It takes technical skills to do almost everything now. Even professionally hanging pictures is a laser-guided process. It's (((the current year))) and you ought to get good at something before asking to be paid for it.

Yes, it is total exploitation. Your only tool against the exploitation is educating yourself, acquiring assets, and acquiring skills. If they are going to commodify you, at least try to increase your monetary value.

>>18564906
It's all some people have *at that exact moment.* Driving for Uber and Lyft, hell even working at McDonalds or Starbucks, is *significantly* better than doing labor for Amazon.
>>
Little over three years in a Non-Sort node i.e. group of close-ish buildings that ship largish items.

1. For how little you need to get a job, they pay decent.
2. Most jobs are boring, not demanding. Loading trucks is the exception.
3. The people who don't make rate are fucking around more than they admit to. If your building has staffing issues, you will only be fired for safety issues...unless you piss off a manager.
4. Make friends with a PA if you want to do the more interesting jobs. Make friends with a manager if you want a promotion. Some places want you to be an ambassador (trainer) first. Other places hire their friends immediately. Depends on how bad the Operations Manager is.
5. Don't date warehouse chicks.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.