[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so awful to uglies? I have a friend who's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: CU39abpt_400x400.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CU39abpt_400x400.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
Why are people so awful to uglies?

I have a friend who's about a 3/10. People treat him like straight trash the second they meet him, even though he has a great personality, very funny, one of the nicest people you can meet, and an overall awesome dude. While I'm ahead of him in terms of physical looks, and get treated with much more respect and dignity from people despite the fact I'm an asshole half the time.
>>
>>18564480
because they are upsetting to look at
>>
I think it's some kind of weird human instinct. I hate them too at first meeting. Couldn't tell you why.
>>
>>18564480
Because most people are superficial. This is backed up by studies where they presented a man with casual clothing and later the same man in a suit, and what women previously rated on average as 4/10, they later rated to 9/10.

There is nothing you can do about it, this is the way how world works. There are exceptions to this rule sometimes, though. Look at Steve Buscemi, Björk or Thom Yorke, not exactly lookers but still millions of people admire these names. I think Thom Yorke was even declared as "sexiest man in UK" by some magazine one year.

Ugly people have it on hard mode, but it's not entirely impossible for them to make it big. I think just working out and dressing nice improves on 90% of what is considered "ugly".

Me personally though, I am 24 years old white male and have average height, average looks and skinnyfat. Most of my life, people have not regarded me as pretty, but not ugly either, so I have this neat "unbiased" position when it comes to physical beauty.
>>
It's a fucked up part in our nature, i get a little impatient with bad looking people too but after a while i respect them.
>>
>>18564511
>bjork isn't a looker
I'm going to fight you through this screen.
>>
>>18564547
It's just my opinion though, I really, really like Grimes for example, and many people not into her music keep telling how she looks like a goblin, really ugly etc.
>>
>>18564562
beautiful bjork destroy grimey grimes
>>
>>18564562
I don't think I've met a single person who didn't perceive a celebrity they disliked as ugly in some manner. The only problem I have with Björk is her eccentricity. And not the fun kind.
>>
It's part of our nature

People that are ugly have inferior genes, and we don't want to associate with people that are unhealthy. It's fucked up but that's how it is.
>>
>>18564507
>>18564511

I think the superficiality and "weird" feeling comes from the fact that we always look to get something out of relationships with other people. A really ugly person isn't appealing as a mate, so they get shunned by the opposite sex.
As for friendship, I think being ugly is associated with a lot of bad habits (healthy=beautiful or whatever) so people avoid them. Further, hanging with an ugly person means that people will associate you with that person (or at least their mug).
Heartless as it sounds, I think that's why.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.