[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to die. I've been eating 1000 calories this past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 1501209816133.jpg (37KB, 465x577px) Image search: [Google]
1501209816133.jpg
37KB, 465x577px
I want to die. I've been eating 1000 calories this past month, but only lost minimal belly and chest fat. I've lost 14 pounds though. Please help guys.
>>
>>18564378
Have you been working out?
>>
Your body thinks you're living through a famine or some shit, which is why you aren't losing weight. Don't starve yourself, just eat slightly healthier, and work out so you lose fat rather than muscle. good luck
>>
>>18564381
I've tried for 2 weeks but didn't see anything from it. What will it help with?
>>
>>18564389
hm lmao I'm realizing now, maybe you meant 1000 calories /a day/ not a month. So maybe it's not this. Good luck anyway, and yeah, exercise should help.

Oh yeah, CONSISTENCY is important, both for exercise and diet. don't yo yo
>>
>>18564390
>2 weeks
Mf it's gonna be a month at least for you to see any half decent change
>>
Weight loss happens over the course of quarters, not weeks. Just be patient and consistent. Go read the /fit/ wiki
>>
>>18564378
you can't target a specific area for fat loss you dumb fuck, also 1000 calories is way too low.
>>
>>18564420
>1000 is way too low
How did you figure out the OP's TDEE with no information?
>>
>>18564427
I don't need to know his/her specific TDEE to know that for a broad spectrum 1000 calories will put you at an underweight BMI no matter your height or weight unless you're a child or literal midget.
>>
>>18564431
I also feel like it is kind of difficult to get to 1000 calories some days. I just feel so guilty and bad for eating 800 calories.
>>
>>18564378
Make sure you are intermittently fasting to lose the most fat possible, and also to avoid wrecking your metabolism. Look up intermittent fasting on YouTube, and also look up Jason ding. You'll thank me later. You can eat that little and still not be very hungry
>>
>>18564431
1000 kcals under maintenance is 2 lbs a week which is still a healthy weight loss rate. Don't act like a 2000 kcal maintenance is a midget's TDEE.
>>
>>18564450
Jason fung *
>>
>>18564378
god these retards constantly making threads, it's all the same
>I have been cutting half my usual caloric intake but I'm not losing it where it counts, what gives?
>are you working out
>well.....
it's less about cutting calories (although you still need to watch it for sure) it's about what specific foods and how you spend that energy
>>
>>18564452
no you baboon, they're eating 1000 calories total per day. even a 5ft 20 year old female has a BMR of 1145 at 100 pounds, and if she's 100 pounds she wouldn't need to lose weight.
>>
>>18564468
A 5'6 female that weighs 180 lbs has a TDEE of 1,936 and a BMI of 29. Tell me that 1,000 kcal a day wouldn't be appropriate to lose 2lbs a week, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>18564487
1000 is not an appropriate cut you dumb mongoloid, go back to whatever fuckstick broscience forum you came from and stop posting here because you're only going to cause harm.
>>
>>18564490
2lbs a week is the upper threshold for a heathy cut. Go fuck yourself. That's literally the universally accepted maximum for a healthy cut. If your maintenance is 2000, then cutting to 1000 is healthy. If your maintenance is 3000, cutting to 2000 is the equivalent. Capiche? You're the stupid cunt trying to say that eating at a BMR will make you lose weight.
>>
File: IMG_3086.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3086.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>18564487

Not the same person and i didnt even bother reading this dumb thread but if you are only eating 1000 calories a day you are in starvation mode. Meaning your body is doing everything it can to conserve energy and nutriets. It works for a short while until your body says fuck this shit and actively works against you; the weight loss continues but at a slower rate. Worse - when you eat normal again, the weight will rebound hard.

Starvation diets dont work. If you want to lose weight, go slightly under maintainance levels. And then lift weights. Energy in VS energy out.
>>
>>18564510
>you are in starvation mode
Based on what? OP gave no measurements. read the post above yours. Someone's 1000/day is equivalent to someone else's 2000 a day.
>you mean people of different sizes have different calorie expenditures?
Wew ya don't say.
>>
>>18564501
No you ignorant fuck, that's fine for a bodybuilder but for your average joe like OP who isn't even taking supplements and is probably getting all 1000 calories from eating who the fuck knows it is not healthy or sustainable.
>>
File: 84287182.jpg (306KB, 684x640px) Image search: [Google]
84287182.jpg
306KB, 684x640px
>>18564501
wew so with my 1100 TDEE it's safe to cut down to 100 calories a day?
>>
>>18564525
That's an entirely different argument. Again, based purely on assumptions. Everything I have posted is factually correct and I can back it all up with math. You're just posting assumptions and applying what you've read works for your body size.

>http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal_act.php
>>
>>18564528
>anon said I have to eat more than 2000 calories a day or I'll go into starvation mode
>>
>>18564522

Based on the fact you cannot survive indefinitely on 1000 calories a day no matter who the fuck you are. Unless you are a midget who sits on his ass all day, the average human being will eventually waste away on 1000 calories a day. 1200 is considered rock bottom bare minimum. Where the flying fuck are you getting your info from?
>>
>>18564544
>indefinitely
Who said indefinitely?
>1200 is considered rock bottom bare minimum
Source?
>>
>>18564544
https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/index.html

>500 to 1000 calorie deficit (1 to 2 lbs) recommended by the CDC
>no mention of 1200kcal (((rock bottom)))
>the aforementioned 5'6, 180 lb female with a ~2000 TDEE would have to eat between 1000 to 1500 a day, per the CDC
Notice how it's relative to your maintenance?
>>
>>18564545

My mistake. 800 calories is considered rock bottom, as per the US coast guard studies on serviceman survival. Meaning 1000 is still in the threshold of starvation in the sense that your body will begin to hold onto every last shred of energy it can.
>>
>>18564569
that TDEE is with sedentary activity, essentially BMR. Any activity even getting up to go to the toilet raises that TDEE by 20-40%.
>>
>>18564576

Would also like to add the 800 calorie number assumes the serviceman is sitting in a raft doing absolutely nothing other than waiting to be rescued. Im sure you are not sitting in a liferaft doing nothing, and are bound to burn at least 200 calories in a day doing general activities - point being 1000 calories isnt enough.
>>
>>18564576
>on servicemen
So not on fat short girls, right?
>>18564577
Lol no. You should always calculate your TDEE as sedentary.

Give it up dude. You're flat out wrong.
>>
>>18564583
why the fuck would you calculate your TDEE as sedentary? get the fuck out of here with your bro science bullshit.
>>
>>18564587
Because sedentary is calculated as 1.2 x BMR. BMR is if you were in a coma, TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure) accounts for day to day activities. Unironically kys. BMR != TDEE.
>>
>>18564604
why the fuck do you keep bringing up BMR when nobody has even used that phrase? are you a literal retard? probably your brain shutting down from a lack of fuel since you think cutting by 50% of your TDEE is acceptable.
>>
>>18564610
You literally used it here: >>18564468
You're also said that a sedentary TDEE doesn't account for walking to the toilet, which is wrong because it does.
How does it feel to be wrong in literally every single post You've made in this thread?
>>
>>18564623
That's not even me you utter sperg.
>>
>>18564625
I think we're done here.
>>
File: IMG_3119.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3119.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>18564583

On anyone you stupid fucking cunt. A human being laying still cannot survive on less than 800 calories - period. A person doing any activity will need more than 1000 calories.

But yeah go ahead youre right and everyone else is wrong. Thats why your the fat goblin looking bitch asking why her dumb diet isnt working yet refusing to acknowledge being wrong.

Jesus fucking christ you seriously dont see a flaw in your logic here? "Hurdur this isnt working why? :(" and then we explain why and you flip the fuck out. Get sick and die.
>>
>>18564378
Your losing muscle. Cut out carbs and eat more fats, proteins, and vegetables. Cut down on any sugars, starches, or simple carbs because they cause insulin - a fat storage hormone - levels to spike. Insulin also prevents you from feeling full because it fucks up your brains leptin receptors.
Don't starve yourself. It will not help and you will end up losing fat and muscle in places you shouldn't (like around the eyes)
>>
>>18564630
You have yet to provide a single source and somehow you fail to grasp that different sized people have different caloric needs.
Why don't we all eat the exact same diet as an active serviceman then since that's the yardstick of what works for everyone, including the fat goblin OP.
I'm not OP, hence the original post I made that asked "how do you know what is an appropriate cut for the OP when you don't even know their height and weight?"
>>
If you really want to lose weight, just become a vegetarian for a while. It's not like you can't go back to eating meat and other shit when you're more responsible with it (with some help at first). You know how I know this works? Combined with minimal exercise, both of my brothers lost a combined 350lbs in roughly two years. Shit takes a little bit but it's worth it. Anyone can look good in clothes, but not everyone looks good naked- fitness changes that.
>>
>>18564650
Your question was pretty simple to answer, someone that needs 3000 calories per day can't survive on 1000 calories.
someone that needs 2000 can't survive on the 800 OP said they're getting.
someone who needs 1000 is underweight and needs to eat more than that.
>>
File: IMG_3138.jpg (65KB, 970x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3138.jpg
65KB, 970x551px
>>18564650

Im not arguing that different people have different caloric needs. Im arguing NOBODY is going to be healthy on 1000 calories a day, regardless of height and weight - unless this person is a literal midget. Again this is the data that FEMA uses for its disaster planning and distribution of relief supplies - just because the data is contrived from studies on servicemen lost at sea doesnt mean the data is invalid. I only cite this source because im too lazy to dig up anything else. Type (how many calories do you need to survive?) into google and you will have unlimited sources repeating what i say.

http://www.yoursafetyplace.com/info/foodguide

Keep slamming your head into the wall.
>>
>>18564659
>800
OP said 1000. 800 came from your no source coastguard study of active servicemen's caloric needs (probably a TDEE well over 2000.)

Assuming OP needs 2000, 1000 is perfectly acceptable per the CDC, the only actual real source cited ITT.

You seem to be confusing the concept of a caloric defect during and eating at maintenance for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18564442
you have anorexia, congrats
>>
>>18564679
see
>>18564442
turn off your baboon defense mode and try reading the thread you're shitting up.
>>
>>18564679
You're talking to like four people and seem to think it's just one guy.
>>
>>18564389
Starvation mode is bullshit. Your metabolism may slow down yes, but you'll still lose weight at that amount unless you're like a small child or something. Quit posting bullshit you do not understand.
>>
File: IMG_3068.png (89KB, 524x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3068.png
89KB, 524x499px
For the gay retard faggot who thinks 1000 calories is anything but a starvation diet (read: ineffective), heres a nice handy BMR calculator, aka the amount of calories needed to survive assuming the person lays in bed all day.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/#result

Have fucking fun trying to plug in any metrics that result in a suitable BMR of 1000 calories. Then have fun realizing not only are those metrics totally unrealistic, but completely moot because its extremely unlikely OP lays in bed all day in a coma.

Go ahead, slink off all pissed off because your autistic tantrum resulted only in you being labeled a fucking retard.
>>
>>18564390
You just have to commit to something maintainable. I lost a lot of weight as a teenager after being fat and unhappy for most of my life by committing to only eating while I was hungry, eating slowly without distractions (e.g. TV, computer) and stopping as soon as I got full but because I didn't exercise I still had a high bodyfat percentage. I was skinnyfat.

I don't really understand why but based on personal experience I know if you want to lower your bodyfat you need to exercise. Strength training is better than cardio for burning fat.

The site ss.fitness can be pretty helpful if you're just starting out (though a lot of it is hidden behind a paywall now).

You really have to commit if you want to see a decent change, instead of doing it halfheartedly, but at the same time pace yourself and don't ask too much of yourself.
>>
>>18564656
Not OP but isn't it pretty difficult to reach your calorie goals each day eating only vegetables?
>>
>>18564720
You sound pro-ana
>>
>>18564758
Quite a leap you made there.
>>
>>18564782
I'm not saying you are, I'm saying that's how what you said makes you sound. That you're fine with people eating far too few calories for their body to be healthy just to lose weight.
>>
Fyi OP dipped like hours ago and this has been nothing but a giant circle jerk
>>
>>18564787
You can just talk to other people about diet and exercise though. This isn't Reddit, there's no obligation to post solely to help the OP
>>
>>18564786
Again your jumping to conclusions.

My point was if you eat that little you're going to lose weight. Your body can't create something out of nothing, and the starvation mode myth is bullshit. That amount of calorie deficit however is unsustainable and honestly counter-productive as you'll lose lean muscle.
>>
>>18564753
Idk. I'm not a vegetarian, although I wish I was. If I cut out meat from my diet, I'd be left with straight cardboard from all the other allergies I have. All I know is that if you like to eat, you won't have an issue.
>>
>>18564378

I'm on a diet as well right now and already seeing belly fat dropping.
What I'm doing is skipping breakfast and eating 2 full meals while staying under 1500 calories. I wait as long as I can to eat my first meal (usually at 3 to 5 pm).
I would say it's very important to try and drop sugar and junk food entirely. Including bread, pasta and the type of foods that spike your blood sugar. I mostly eat meat, vegetables, cheese, milk, cereal.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.