[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm such a reclusive dick to most of my friends, never answering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm such a reclusive dick to most of my friends, never answering calls, only hanging out once every few weeks, cancelling plans, etc. But I always have a single, intimate, romantic interest who I'm the opposite with, and whose total attention I demand- I'll get insecure if I don't hear back from a text quickly, for instance, and will check the chat clients we share to see when they're on and shit like that.

I know this is insanely imbalanced. Anyone relate to this, or have any tips on spreading the love?

pic unrelated but a great private press psych record
>>
>>18564272
back when i had my day in the sun in college i had a girlfriend and was in a similar situation. we spent so much time together and it messed up my friendships and whenever she was away from me i was paranoid. not sure how to help, she just ended up breaking up with me and honestly ive been way worse off since then. hope you figure it out friend.
>>
>>18564288
lol... well thanks anyway, good luck to yourself too...
>>
Google and read about codependent relationships.
Everyone says they are bad for you. I dont know yet. I am 40 and prefer having codependent relationships. My one main relationship didnt end well but I got good 10 years out of it. I ended another recent relationship because i wanted more intimacy but my exgf wanted more independent relationship. Tried it but realized it wasnt for me. I was more unhappy being in that relationship than i am being single right now. Still miss her sometimes but i don't want to get back with her.
>>
>>18564272
Do you feel as though your girlfriend is your only source of worth?
>>
>>18564317
I don't know if they're bad either. I relate to this; I often feel like it'd be an awesome situation to be in a relationship like that if the other person was the same. I'm a little jealous, and I'd want a partner who was a little jealous too. I'm not /too/ jealous. I don't think I'm "codependent" enough to pathologize it, it's just how I am.

>>18564323
No. I'm confident in myself and my beliefs. I just have a tendency to only focus on one person, and I also have a tendency to be obsessive. Like I said above, I like it in a lot of ways, but I also wish I could be left alone for a day without feeling depressed or slighted, and I wish I wanted to spend more time with other friends. This is mostly because I don't want to lose my friends by being absent, and I don't want to lose my partner either by being overbearing. So in a vacuum, I like the single-person style I have, but I know it doesn't vibe well with others, and maybe I'd be happier if I could adjust it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.