[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend of almost 3 years just broke up with me. Some context:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 09-121320-top_10_breakup_songs.jpg (109KB, 1080x540px) Image search: [Google]
09-121320-top_10_breakup_songs.jpg
109KB, 1080x540px
My girlfriend of almost 3 years just broke up with me. Some context:

>We're both in our late 20's and were thinking of getting an apartment together (we both live at home because we're stuck in one of America's most expensive cities)

>she has depression and her medication sapped her sex drive. It's almost been a year since we had sex. I haven't pushed the issue because that always made things worse

>she asked me to see a counselor last week because she said I "don't share more". I'm quiet, but open, so I was a little confused. I said I'd do research.

>she told me tonight that she doesn't see herself with me in the future, and she's really sad because I'm "perfect" and "the perfect boyfriend", but the relationship wasn't making her happy. Truthfully, I haven't been entirely happy either, but was willing to work it out. She wasn't.

I guess I'm looking for advice because I'm 29, the new job I got hasn't turned out to be the job I was promised, my girlfriend broke up with me, and I'm stuck living at home. On top of the pain of a breakup, I feel like I have nothing to show for myself, and I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I don't know how I'll make it through the weekend, nevermind whatever future plans I had, like vacations and shit.

I just need advice for getting my shit together and not being a pathetic mess. Obviously people have suffered worse breakups but I feel like I'm at square one in my life now.
>>
First off man, I want to say I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. Break ups are tough under any circumstance, and it sounds like while she may not have been perfect, you really did care about this girl.

Reading your post makes me think you're spending too much time focusing on what you don't have instead of making the best of what you do. I also get the vibe that you feel like there's some expectation that you have to live up to. Take it from a guy that lost 5 grand on an engagement ring, a good job, and is now paying for a kid he doesn't see: chasing that shit will only make you miserable, because that's how it always goes when you try and force something that isn't meant to be.

Three years ago I would have punched myself in the face for saying this, but you should ease up and just follow your heart. It may seem like you're in a dark place now, but you're a hell of a lot more free than you realize and your happiness is 99% in your hands. Take advantage of it while there's still no consequences.
>>
>>18564247
Fuck that bitch anon. She hasn't fucked you in a year.
>Living situation
I recommend trying to room with old friends that also are living at home or are looking for someone to share an apartment with. Or apply to place in far more suitable and affordable location. If you're very qualified (which you prob won't be cause you're leaving a job after a short time but you can tell them that they lied to you about job and that's why you're leaving) they may pay for some of your traveling/relocating. Whatever you do you need to get out of the house m8.
>girl situation
If you're not ready to be with someone who will only begrudgingly fuck you once in a while then move on. She's great you love her blah blah blah but it's not gonna work m8. She fucked you over big time and thinks its okay to waste your life on her. Download tinder, sign up for okcupid whatever m8. Get laid. Remind yourself what pussy is like so you can move on. Remember bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
>>
Find solace in knowing that a vast, vast majority of people went through or will go through what you're currently going through right now, some multiple times, and eventually went on with their lives, yours truly included.

With that in mind, accept the fact that you WILL suffer. From the looks of things you really liked that girl and coming to terms with the fact that she won't be a part of your life anymore will hurt. You'll probably ask yourself a lot of ''What if?'' questions and that's totally normal. Give yourself some time to grieve and reflect on your relationship, but don't let it drag you into the mud too long. As >>18564287 said, life goes on so you'll have to stand back up sooner rather than later.

Getting back in the dating scene after grieving a little seems to work for some people. Might wanna try out at some point, just to get some other girls into your mind to help you stop thinking about your ex.
>>
>>18564287
I think it just hurts more because before I had the job I have now (which does pay well and lets me work from home), I was trapped working retail and was single. And I feel like I'm right there again.

And meeting someone new seems impossible, because no one wants to date a 29 year old living with his parents. All of my friends are dating other people or are married. I'm afraid of being stuck again.

And I just have a hole in my day to day life now. No morning wakup calls, no fun day trips, nice dinners, weekend getaways, any of that. Those things were regular parts of my life and they're gone too. I really love her and was willing to work through it and I feel like part of me is gone now.

>>18564316
A big problem is my friends have all moved out at this point. I could find strangers but I'm nervous about leaving my valuables with strangers.

And I struck out with Tinder. I got a few dates on OKCupid but it felt kind of discouraging when I was active on it.

>>18564325
Yea, I know other people have endured worse. I'll try to keep reminding myself, I guess.
>>
>>18564343
>And I struck out with Tinder.
There's so many girls on tinder down to fuck, just keep going
>I got a few dates on OKCupid but it felt kind of discouraging when I was active on it.
It's okay bro, it takes time to get back into the swing of things. Most of these girls are just like you. They're horny, they prob got out of a relationship that sucked and didn't fulfill them and there looking to guys like you to fuck them.
Maybe talk to female friends? Like not to fuck them but to talk cause they can help better.
If you want revenge post nudes of ex gf here.
>>
>>18564247
she sounds more fucked up than you. so you are the winner in this situation, better to let her go, itll hurt, but is best in the long run
>>
>>18564364
>down to fuck
Not at my parents' house, nope.

Actually, that's been the biggest hit against me on both sites. Beyond not having a place to fuck, a lot of chicks on those sites look down on it. My friends all get it, because every city in our area is way overpriced, but I still feel like a loser and it's still limiting my options.

But you're right, I'll have to jump back in at some point, because that's really my only option.
>>
>>18564376
Own it dude. There's nothing shameful about saving money even if it does complicate sex. But living rent free (or not, some people will respect you more if you do something rent-wise for your parents at least a little) in a city with high cost of living is smart and as long as you're saving up to move out, and girl who's not a picky little bitch will understand.
>>
>>18564388
Yeah and if you have a car or can borrow someone's fuck the girl in it. Or take her to a secluded area to fuck outdoors. Or even easier, fuck at her place or her car
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.