[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you react to someone casually and snarkily saying racial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 1497391403270.gif (1MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1497391403270.gif
1MB, 330x166px
How do you react to someone casually and snarkily saying racial slurs at you?

Like, for example instead of referring to you as your name they just call you nigger, sandnigger, chink, etc (not going to specify which) and give you a shitfaced grin every time they say it

If you react aggressively, it's just gonna add to their confirmation bias that x race are all vile barbaric subhumans, but if you don't respond at all, the guy gets the pleasure of racially "dominating" you or some shit putting you at his submission.

I really hate these types of people who just feel really good about belittling someone for no reason because they think they're ultra enlightened from fringe corners of the internet or just plain assholes, but I'm not an aggressive person at all and don't know how to react whenever this happens so I just let them do it
>>
>>18563108
>t. low skilled white trash
>>
>>18563102

Be casually snarky back.

Or just rape some kids like the filthy fucking sandnigger you are.
>>
>>18563102

tell them they need to stop saying that, then exit their life. in what scenario are you talking to someone regularly enough for them to do this to you?
>>
>>18563102
Just treat them like an incoherent elder. Smile a bit, but don't show teeth. Then, shake your head in disapproval while making it very explicit through facial expression that you think that there-is-something-they-haven't-learned-yet. This will thrown the person off-balance, since they don't expect that you are aware of something they are supposedly not. If you can manage to show that, they will start to doubt themselves, because they won't know what it is that you think they are being silly about. This won't work 100% of the time, though.
>>
>>18563112
>Or just rape some kids like the filthy fucking sandnigger you are.

See this is the weird thing about /pol/ types

There are people that do these things (like break the law or do fucked up things like rape people and stuff), and there are people that don't.

I don't see the point in treating the people that don't do these things like the people that do do these things because they share some physical characteristics
>>
>>18563119
the thing is, a lot of the people (my age) that are like this aren't like trailer trash uneducated rednecks. they're like, post-enlightened people that hang around on fringe corners of the internet (like /pol/) where they learn about shit like human biodiversity and think it's an absolute everywhere

>>18563118
most people i know i meet through the internet and most of them are imageboard users or are like within that culture. one of my closest friends since childhood is just a straight-up nazi but he doesn't really act racist towards me, it's just that people i meet through him act like that. I go to anime cons sometimes and go to the 4chan meetup and there's always like some fat white dude preaching some /pol/ shit and acting like the apex of human evolution cause they're the 'superior race'
>>
>>18563136

you can either stand up for your self or remove your self from the situation. who cares if they 'get the satisfaction' of you punching them in the face?
>>
>>18563142
yeah that's true, I'm just afraid of them being like "niggers lol" but maybe those 'niggers' have a point
>>
>>18563149

minorities live in this unfortunate catch 22 where you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't, by your own admission it often feels like you have to let people be racist in order to not prove racists right.

stop thinking of your self as a black person, and start thinking of your self as a person. its the only way you are going to find happiness in your life. racism will not be eliminated in your life time so the best you can do is whatever the hell you want, and stand up for your self without regard to the 'implications' it has for your entire race.
>>
>>18563136
>the thing is, a lot of the people (my age) that are like this aren't like trailer trash uneducated rednecks. they're like, post-enlightened people that hang around on fringe corners of the internet (like /pol/)

That's even better. They probably feel like they have been "redpilled" so if you show hints that you are even more "redpiled" than they are, they will probably still feel a bit insecure about their viewpoint.

It would be nice if you could describe one of the people who do this in better detail. When such person becomes easier to profile some better strategies can be developed to better deal with the situation.
>>
>>18563168
Also this is good advice on mindset, but not very applicable to what you are going through.
>>
>>18563102
You could try to play on the whole "my parents like what I like so I'm gonna stop liking it because it's uncool now" mindset. If you as a black dude know talk to them about all the retarded "redpill" shit and nazi shit maybe they'll start to reconsider what they're thinking and doing.

This would only work with people who are immature and childish, but that's the kind of people who browse /pol/ so...
>>
>>18563102

You fucking stupid coon just ignore it, 99/100 their just memeing. You know /pol/ is mostly just people practicing their debate skills and edgelording right? If you let them know it bothers you they'll just do it more.
>>
>>18563102

>How do you react to someone casually and snarkily saying racial slurs at you?

Aggression. Violence if necessary. Freedom of speech and freedom of consequence isn't the same thing. There are certain lines that people can't cross with me and that is one of them. I'm not your nigga, I'm not your brotha, I'm not some goddamn cartoon character that you've come up with in your head. You can say whatever you want to your friends or your /pol/ chums online, just make sure I don't hear it.

>If you react aggressively, it's just gonna add to their confirmation bias that x race are all vile barbaric subhumans

I could give less of a shit that they think that. Protecting my family and my community and the integrity of my culture is what I care about, not sustaining the comfort of a bunch of faux-right-wing /pol/sters and middle America bigots. I couldn't care less about changing their minds or confirming their fears about my race. I don't owe anybody an explanation for why I deserve to be spoken to with respect or treated like a human being.

They can think anything they want. Compromising is not on my agenda. The white establishment isn't going to hand you respect, kid. They wouldn't hesitate to put a book on your neck for being black or brown in the wrong place at the wrong time so you have to hesitate even less. They hit you, you hit back harder. Thats how you survive.

>I'm not an aggressive person at all and don't know how to react whenever this happens so I just let them do it

I can't say that I blame you. I spent a lot of time where you were, remaining quiet and not standing up to the things I knew weren't right because I was outnumbered and I didn't see what I could accomplish from speaking out. It took me a long time to get to a place where I felt confident enough to speak up for my community and my race and draw my line in the sand with people who were too ignorant to realize I wasn't playing with them. Stand up, man. Don't hesitate.
>>
>>18563239
this , one day i plan on being a master debtor
>>
>>18563242
>It took me a long time to get to a place where I felt confident enough to speak up for my community and my race and draw my line in the sand with people who were too ignorant to realize I wasn't playing with them. Stand up, man. Don't hesitate.

>Alt-right or SJW?
>>
I can't believe that people unironically act like this in real life.
>>
>>18563285

>I can't believe that people unironically act like this in real life.

>unironically

They are being ironic, unless OP lives in rural oklahoma.
>>
>>18563263

>Alt-right or SJW?

The world does not operate in such simple metrics. It takes a real simpleton to believe that the only two possible groups anyone who is vocal about social issues could belong to is either alt-rights or SJWs.

I am an armed, educated, law abiding self employed black man. I run my own business and on the side I am a fully licensed armed-security professional. I'm currently in the process of becoming a firearms instructor. I don't have any specific political affiliation but I am a member of several African-American gun clubs across the nation whose sole purpose is to arm, train and educate black men, women and children so they are capable of policing, protecting and patrolling their own communities. I am not interested in debating racists or compromising with racists or asking nicely for human rights. I'm fully trained and fully capable of protecting myself and my community and I am only interested in protecting the lives of my community by any means necessary.

So, in summary, I don't really care what you classify me as. I have my boundaries and my expectations of the people around me and so long as you're cool with me I've got no problems. Characterize me as whatever you want. I could care less.
>>
>>18563310

You're obviously not alt-right, the point I was making is that the way you talk is identical to how neo-nazis and white supremacists talk.
>>
>>18563330

>the point I was making is that the way you talk is identical to how neo-nazis and white supremacists talk.

Again, couldn't care less. You can draw whatever comparisons you want to but this is the way I've chosen to live my life and I believe I'm on the right side of history. I'm a law abiding citizen and I am not a supporter of needless violence or destruction but if anyone comes into a black community with the intent on harming us they should know that I'll do whatever I have to do to stop them. Live and let live is my ideology. You don't bother us, we don't bother you. The black community has its issues but they're our issues to deal with.

If you can't tell the difference between someone whose goal is to arm, educate and protect the people he loves from racism and violence and someone who believes that jews and minorities should be terrorized, tortured and exterminated then I'm not capable of having an intelligent conversation with you.

I see your comparison though. I draw a lot of the same kinds of hard lines that white supremacists do with what they are and aren't willing to tolerate and I'm okay with that because I'm on the side of life and they're on the side of death. If all you can see are vocabulary similarities and not the underlying themes of right and wrong then I feel very sorry for you. Its what I say that is the issue at hand, not the way I say it. And, again, I couldn't care less how people feel about it because compromising and debating is not my goal. I don't ask nicely for my life and the life of my black friends and families to be respected. I demand it.
>>
>>18563404
> I believe I'm on the right side of history

It's funny, you're more concerned with how the future perceives you than actually doing what's right.
>well, people will think I'm right after I'm dead, so that's all that matters
>>
>>18563242
>Aggression. Violence if necessary. Freedom of speech and freedom of consequence isn't the same thing. There are certain lines that people can't cross with me and that is one of them.

Oh, I see, your monkey brain isn't able to operate without regurgitating slogans from xkcd. Freedom of speech does include niggers assaulting you for hurting their feelings. That's why if I call you a nigger, and you try to pick a fight, you'll be getting arrested and I'll be laughing at you in court.
>>
>>18563421

>It's funny, you're more concerned with how the future perceives you than actually doing what's right.

You're mischaracterizing my words. Arming, educating and protecting people is whats right. Its what I do. I volunteer in my community. I spend hundreds of dollars of my own money every month to purchase training supplies, food, ammunition and educational material for the people in my community. I'm out at the range with kids and adults from around the state several times a month providing free classes to teach people to exercise their constitutional rights and teaching them how to protect the lives of their loved ones without hurting themselves or others.

Its one thing to sit on the internet and criticize someone's motivations for contributing to society and its a whole different thing to actually get off your ass and do something yourself. I can see which path you've decided to take.

>>18563424

Verbally sparring with internet tough guys doesn't interest me. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>18563523
>Verbally sparring with internet tough guys doesn't interest me. Opinion discarded.

>Grrr, if someone say dat mean word to me, an tryin hurt muh feelings n sheit, I'd fight em! first ammendment not consequcences ooga gbooga
>calls someone an internet tough guy

wew
>>
>>18563421

And yes, by the way, you are correct. Being remembered as a role model and a person who stood up to injustice regardless of the consequence by my children, family and community is important to me. Everyone in this life has to go their grave and accept the legacy of behavior and deeds they've left behind and its important to me that my children are proud of who I was.
>>
>>18563102

They're just words. Don't give a shit - the "fun" of calling you those names when you don't react to them diminishes each time you don't react. It's fucking high school bully logic all over again - they only want to call you names to piss you off because it's "funny." Don't worry about it, it stops being a problem.
>>
>>18563586

Harassment and violence is dependent on inaction. People will continue to treat you like shit if you teach them that you are willing to accept it. Refusing to stand up for yourself and living a life of silent suffering is not a virtue, anon. I don't know who taught you this "sticks and stones" horseshit but if history has taught us anything its that words do hurt and the degree of separation between saying hateful things and doing hateful things is a lot smaller than you think it is.

Teaching minorities to remain silent and endure abuse has been the narrative for hundreds of years and unless you've been in that kind of position I think telling people that resolving yourself to live a life in which you allow people to treat you like a subhuman somehow diminishes the abuse is a very uninformed, oversimplified opinion.
>>
>>18563634
>Teaching minorities to remain silent and endure abuse has been the narrative for hundreds of years and unless you've been in that kind of position

>muh minorities
>muh narrative

sorry, tyrone, but you're a problem and you can't assault white people just because they call a spade a spade.
>>
>>18563124
If I gave you a bowl full of skittles and told you that some were cyanide, would you take a handful? That's the issue with other races out side your own. I've had black friends (Rare cases) who acted whiter than snow, but my issue is that a MAJORITY of them act like total coons
>>
File: hatecrimes1.png (77KB, 622x730px) Image search: [Google]
hatecrimes1.png
77KB, 622x730px
>>
File: 1500610400489.jpg (732KB, 1276x850px) Image search: [Google]
1500610400489.jpg
732KB, 1276x850px
Isn't calling someone a nigger in america a racial crime?
Like, literally, how the fuck can you say a racial slur is freedom of speech?
I get that people can say "nigger" as a word, but calling someone a nigger doesn't make it a racial crime?

In england you'd see new year behind bars before getting in court for that
>>
>>18563102
Just chill and stop being a nigger.
>>
>>18563795
Stay culled and unaware britbong
>>
>>18563803
seriously, can't you go to jail for this?
>>
>>18563634

Then how did all those sit-down movements and protests work out for the folks in the 40s - 60s? They fought by not fighting. Ghandi starved himself in public. Teaching people that being loud and obnoxious and "sticking up for themselves" doesn't always make things better either. I don't know who taught you that vocalizing every thought you have is the key to success, but I can confirm it is a very uninformed, oversimplified opinion.

>also, unless the abuse becomes physical, words are just that - words.
>>
>>18563795
>Like, literally, how the fuck can you say a racial slur is freedom of speech?

Because it's speech, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>18563830
No and you shouldn't go to jail.
Words are words and society is full of spineless bitches nowadays
>>
>>18563761
i thought /pol/ types were supposed to be good at debating? step up your fucking game scrub.

>>18563839
standing up for yourself doesn't mean wilding out and going apeshit.

OP should set his boundaries with everyone who crosses them. his racist "friend" is crossing a whole damn lot. it's more about him being rude than racist.

OP should very well tell him to fuck off and stop hanging around this guy.

if someone's calling you a stupid faggot and giving you shit every time you hang with your friends, are you just going to smile and take it? even if it's obvious he's not joking and truly bein hateful towards you?

no, you wouldn't. you'd feel harassed and attacked.
>>
>>18563887
> i thought /pol/ types were supposed to be good at debating? step up your fucking game scrub.

There's not much to debate with a subhuman. You want to chimp out and attack people who hurt your feelings, I'm saying that's a niggerly thing to do. That's the beginning and end of this 'debate'.
>>
>>18563102
>someone casually and snarkily saying racial slurs at you?
Sounds like a bit of bants between mates. Just give it back to them in equal measure and go about your day.
>>
>>18563891
3/10
>>
>>18563839
you need to learn about the civil rights movement. it wasn't people sitting down and singing happy tunes. there was a lot of violent clashes as well and more confrontational protests. have you not heard of malcolm x or the black separatist movement? they all had a part to play.
>>
>>18563911
Malcolm x did nothing except piss off another 'innocent minority' and get murdered by them.
>>
>>18563911

>never said they were singing happy tunes
>my imagery of the sit down protests is black people being sprayed by firehoses point blank, the ignorant shouting of the masses, and more than a few helpful sprinklings of death threats and nigger thrown in for good measure

Uh, okay, I'll get right onto learning about that thing.
>>
>>18563102
Maybe that someone does it in a friendly way. Some people are aggressive in a friendly way. Trust me insulting is a sign of confidence sometimes believe it or not.
If it really bothers you that much then calmly tell him that it bothers you, and try to stop saying that.

If its just some random guy calling you sandnigger in the distance consistently then just ignore them, thats how bullying works. The more attention you give to it, the worse it will get.
>>
>>18563761

I don't expect you to understand nor will I engage with your ignorance. I'm intelligent enough to know when someone's sole purpose is to incite a reaction out of me and I'm just above it, honestly. Post discarded.

>>18563795

Policing vocabulary is a dangerous road. Despite my feelings about the word and the implications behind it they have just as much of a right to say what they want as I do. The consequences the befall you due to the words that come out of your mouth, however, is a completely different issue.

>>18563839

>also, unless the abuse becomes physical, words are just that - words.

If you've never been called a nigger and felt the inherent adrenaline rush that comes with knowing you might be in danger because of your skin color its very easy to sit back and teach pacifism and silence in the face of harassment.

I've been chased down the street for being black in the wrong neighborhood. I've had nazis throw rocks at me while I rode my bike as a kid. I've had a man pull a knife on me in a parking lot because he says "niggers can't park here". I'm not advocating you turn every verbal altercation into a physical one but I'm sure as hell not going to ignore it. I'm not going to turn the other cheek and walk away because my personal experience has taught me that if you show the racists of this world you're willing to endure their words without protest the confidence for them to turn those words into physical violence is not far away.

But the unfortunate truth is that the racist apologists like this guy >>18563891 will always justify it. They'll always condemn the reaction and not the initial attack. They'll always come up with some reason why standing up for yourself is just proof of your inferiority. But like I said, people like this guy aren't my concern, protecting people is my concern. His opinion couldn't mean less to me because, ultimately, he's a blind man trying to describe a painting to me. He has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>18564026
>I've been chased down the street for being black in the wrong neighborhood. I've had nazis throw rocks at me while I rode my bike as a kid. I've had a man pull a knife on me in a parking lot because he says "niggers can't park here".

I'll take 'things that never happened' for $500, Alex.
>>
>>18564026

No, I've just been harassed for being a man, being white, existing, or generally walking in a certain place at a certain time. It doesn't matter who or what you are, you will be threatened by someone, somewhere, at some point.

The point I'm making is that unless they're trying to turn their words into threats, and their threats into violence, you don't have anything to fear. If it's just some dude saying nigger, let him. Who fucking cares.

If a dude is saying nigger, and then pointing a gun at you, there's a bit more concern to be had. This isn't rocket science, yet I feel like I have to break it down piece by piece for it to be understood.
>>
>>18563920

Do some research. Malcolm X was a very controversial figure even in his own circles. In his mind he felt like the only way to immediately stop the violence was to commit violence black. While MLK was working more on the legislative end Malcolm X felt like trying to convince the white government establishment to end the murder and oppression was a hopeless cause and, in many respects he was correct. Although MLK achieved leaps and bounds in term of actual legislative progress there was a lot he only managed to move the needle just a tiny bit and even with his modest progress in exalting black voices and leadership he was still killed for it. Malcolm wanted to create a system completely separate from whites. While I disagree with his base ideology you have to understand he came from a place and a time when watching a black man get beaten to death by police or shot or ran out of town or murdered without any investigation was an every day thing. Many people had become complacent in the MLK style of civil rights protest while black people were still being murdered in the streets and the fight just wasn't progressing fast enough for Malcolm. He wanted soldiers for progress, not peaceful resistance and, in their own way, they played a vital role.
>>
>>18564034

>I'll take 'things that never happened' for $500, Alex.

Couldn't care less whether you believe me.

>>18564045

>No, I've just been harassed for being a man, being white, existing, or generally walking in a certain place at a certain time.

I know you genuinely think your comparison is equivalent but it isn't. Trying to equivocate your experience as a white guy in America to the experience of black people is just silly.

>The point I'm making is that unless they're trying to turn their words into threats, and their threats into violence, you don't have anything to fear.

Honestly, from my perspective and the perspective of all the black men and women I've spoken to that's honestly just a genuinely ignorant thing to say. I had a friend who was beaten nearly to death with a pipe because he was black in the wrong town talking to the wrong girl. It started with racial slurs and name calling then too but telling him he had nothing to fear seems like an oversimplification of a concept you know nothing about.

You just don't have any idea what you're talking about because you've never been through it.

>If it's just some dude saying nigger, let him. Who fucking cares.

Like I previously stated its so easy to come here and preach the "sticks and stones" horseshit when you've never been in my shoes and grown up with the stories and experiences that I have. You've never had to fight for your life just because of your skin color so, obviously, this whole concept is simple for you. I think you need to get out of your own head for a minute and contemplate the possibility that you're making concrete judgements about a feeling and an experience in America that you know absolutely nothing about.
>>
>>18564099

>I'm not black so I'll never understand anything

And that kind of attitude keeps the racial divide exactly where it is. I'll never know and I'll never understand so there's no possible way I could have an inkling of what it must be like because I've never faced difficulty or adversity because I'm white and you aren't.

So okay, let's just separate all the races and then no one will ever have to worry about not knowing what it's like because they'll never interact. Because we'll never understand each other, ever.

>/obvious sarcasm
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.