[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a turnoff is it, to you personally, if someone smokes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: waffle-house.jpg (335KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
waffle-house.jpg
335KB, 2048x1536px
How much of a turnoff is it, to you personally, if someone smokes tobacco? Does your opinion change if they smoke pipes or cigars instead of cigarettes, or if they only smoke outside? Does it matter whether it's hobby or addiction?
>>
It's honestly a complete turn-off if someone smokes tobacco. Granted, I'm fairly biased as I've lost someone to the horror that is lung cancer.

There's so many other things you could do besides actively hurt yourself every time you put one in your lips! The health part is probably what I dislike the most.
>>
>>18562794
I like the smell of tobacco, especially of cigars.
I don't like kissing after someone smoked, tho.

I wouldn't mind dating someone who smokes every now and then, but I would be bothered if someone smoked consistently, especially if he smoked inside.
>>
>>18562794
smoking cigarettes is a big no, doesn't matter if it's in a pipe, cigar, or cigarettes, or chewed.
>>
Complete turn off if it was for a potential partner, doesn't matter what it is or where. As far as I can tell it is never a hobby, just varying degrees of addiction.
Don't mind when friends do it, as long as they do it outside and don't mind me keeping some distance if needed.
>>
You ever kiss someone who finished smoking a cigarette? Absolutely disgusting. Has you spitting and trying to wash that crap off.

So no, absolutely not.
>>
It depends on a couple factors for me. Hygiene, frequency, type, even brand can be influential.

I'd be willing to date a smoker but if they smoked shitty cigarettes it'd affect my respect for them. Someone that occasionally smoked good cigs/cigars or a pipe for tasting and appreciation like you would with a whiskey... that person would be rare but I'd be totally fine with that.
>>
Massive turn off, it doesn't matter how they smoke it. It shows me that they're not willing to take responsibility for their own health and don't have the willpower to quit something that is clearly degenerate. I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who, in 20 years, is going to have dozens of health issues and may end up being a massive money sink. Goes for any kind of smoking, all though tobacco is the worst.
>>
I can't stand chain smokers, but the occasional cigarette is perfectly fine and can look hot, depending on the person. (smoking fits some peoples personality imo)
>>
File: AVBene.jpg (6KB, 325x53px) Image search: [Google]
AVBene.jpg
6KB, 325x53px
>>18562794
Tabacco won't turn me off but seeing them do it will send me into a semi-PSA mode where I say I don't like that and say half-serious shit like their titties are going to droop hard and they're gonna look like a man if they keep that up. Rinse and wash till they either just stop doing it in front of me or quit.

Weed, now that's a turnoff and i'll just flat say it's shit while mentally placing them in the "I need to end this soon" zone
>>
>>18562794
Saw my grandpa slowly die from it while growing up, till he couldn't talk anymore, then had to be hooked up to an O2 tank

It would be a dealbreaker for me
>>
>>18562794
I honestly wouldn't like it because of the fact that most people that are my age and do it think they're somehow interesting or cool for doing that shit.
It gives a really shit vibe. It is when they are older that they realize that they fucked up and can't let it go, and smoke and feel like shit about it.
>>
>>18562794

I think vaping is grosser than smoking cigarettes.

But smoking tobacco out of a pipe or smoking a cigar is autistic. And only smoke outside, you animal.
>>
>>18562794
Cigarettes are gross. I dated a girl in college that had a pretty regular cigarette habit but her being a 0-selfesteem mess and being a nagging bitch got her to quite pretty quickly.

That being said, I can see a similar track bearing out if I met a woman I liked enough to date that also smoked. Nag her till she breaks up with me or quits killing herself with the cancer sticks.
>>
>>18562794
I'm a guy, I don't smoke, and I honestly don't give a fuck.

If I like a girl, smoking won't change my opinion.

If I don't like a girl, then I wouldn't care what she does at all.

Just my opinion, doesn't seem representative based on the other comments ITT
>>
>>18563974
Its fine man, some people don't like seeing their partners do shit that destroys their bodies (in some cases at least), others just accept them how they are. Its a matter of perspective really.

I just care about their mindset while aware that they are smokers. Like if they think its cool or interesting or don't give a fuck then it just shows a kind of immaturity.
If they admit its wrong but they are addicted then thats fine by me.
>>
>>18563992
Everyone has their vices mate.

I try not to judge, but like anybody else, certain things get to me more than others.
For example, I would take exception in a partner who overeats and is addicted to food.

We could be friends, but that lifestyle clashes with mine entirely, and a relationship wouldn't work.
>>
>>18564010
Yeah and that is acceptable. Its fine to be open minded and shit, but one has to accept that even oneself has limits when choosing a life partner and that consequences are real.
>>
>>18563853
dont you mean a CO2 tank? lmao
>>
File: fuck outta here.jpg (52KB, 552x607px) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here.jpg
52KB, 552x607px
>>18564018
>>
I don't mind if a man smokes occasionally. Pipe tobacco and cigars smell better than cigarettes. Chew is a complete turnoff. It smells like horse shit.
>>
>>18563935
>Inhaling water vapor is way more disgusting than sucking down smoke and turning your lungs into tar.

ar yu returded?
>>
>>18564037
Glycol's not water.
>>
>>18562794
Top of the list turn-off.

You get yellow finger nails, terrible teeth, and a bad smell from smoking.
>>
>>18564037
>water vapor
I got bad news champ.
>>
To me, I think smoking is attractive. I guess it's because I like the smell.
>>
>>18564768
Smoking can be attractive, pic related, if you're in the whole film noir scene, but sadly it does stink and ruin your looks.
>>
>>18562794
I fucking hate tobacco after living 20+ years with two heavy chain smokers. It's easily the most retarded addiction I can think of, and it has bad health effects on everybody near you, so it's not like you're only killing yourself.

So no, massive no.
>>
>>18564064
>>18564098

oh my bad. It's an organic clear liquid with a sweet taste used in drinks, sweeteners, ice cream, whipped dairy products and sodas. It's also used as a solvent for liquid medicines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

Clearly this is far more dangerous then smoke turning your lungs into tar.
>>
>>18562794
>sees qt 11/10
>smokes
>bye.jpg
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.