[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been showering twice a day since middle school. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I've been showering twice a day since middle school.

I'm now 18 and want to shower only once a day.
The reason I haven't started sooner is because I get so oily and sweaty and I might have partial OCD because if I go to bed dirty I feel SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE to the pain where I almost can't sleep. I feel oily and dirty.

Today will be my first night without a shower in years.
How long will it take before my skins oils return to normal levels?

How can I make this transition easier?
>>
Towel on your pillow.

Change bed sheets more frequently.
>>
Dont.

You should be showering 3 times a day.

Every 8 hrs. If possible.

When you awake, halfway through your workday, or after gym, or classes, then just before bed.

Use a mild soap, and leave in conditioners
>>
Shower once every other day you pleb
>>
Well there's no other way than slowly getting used to it, I used to hate feeling oily, but after a while I even put oil in my hair at night so it becomes softer and shinier. Now I can go a few days without shower, I wont smell and my skin and hair feel amazing. It can take a few months, but it's definately worth it.
>>
>>18562726
Good advice I'll do that!

>>18562731
This triggers every atom in my body

>>18562733
Thanks for the kind words
>>
Have you tried showering only in the evenings? Might make it easier to start like that.
>>
>>18562762
can you elaborate?

My current reasoning for showering in the morning is so that I'm clean and comfortable for work.

Right now however I am on break and so I guess I could shower mid day no problem.

That's actually what I did today and I feel fairly clean right now so its an interesting proposal.
>>
what's wrong with showering twice a day?!!

shower in the morning to get ready, shower at night to wash the day off.

literally not even an issue
>>
I used to shower twice a day, too! I actually have OCD, and I've learned to change my ways over time.

What works for me is staying in clean clothes and washing my face every morning and night. Towels on the pillowcases once they get too dirty (usually after two nights of sleeping directly on them). Also, start using numerous cover sheets- once one "feels" dirty, you can rip it off and have the cleaner one underneath. That helps to extend time between complete washes.
>>
>>18562780
I only shower in the evening when I get home from work
mostly because it's physical labour and I get dirty, but it's also what I did back in school because I didn't want to get earlier to shower.
It's usually enough for me because I don't sweat much in bed and cleaning my face with some water and maybe soap in the morning is usually enough.
And since it sounded as if you didn't want to sleep in your bed feeling filthy, I just thought that showering before you go to sleep might make it easier to stop showering so often.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.