[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Move in cheap but decent college apt. last August

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: flag_of_cuba-svg.png (26KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flag_of_cuba-svg.png
26KB, 2000x1000px
>Be me
>Move in cheap but decent college apt. last August
>One roommate is 5'4 Cuban
>Told me not to change majors in a 20 minute speech two weeks after knowing him
>Told me Coke Zero will give me cancer, yet I found out months later he smokes half a pack a day and drinks a shit load of Coke Zeros
>Has OCD and hates messes. Once told me I'd have to sweep the floor (which I didn't since I was always careful not to drop anything. Fuck that)
>Once told me I shouldn't put too much clothes in the washer because of the sound it was making, although I did not fill the washer.
>Told me the other day to keep the microwave door open because it smells after I cook something stinky. He never uses the microwave, and he cooks rice and bean shit twice a day I have to smell from my room.
>Constantly on the phone speaking so loud that a person I'm taking to through earphones can here him speaking 100 Spanish words a minute. When I talked to him, he just said "I'm Cuban dude. Of course I talk loud."

The thing is we get along pretty well, it's just because of some inferiority complex or something he keeps telling me what to do. We renewed our leases and are probably stuck together for another year. I want peace and he seems short tempered, so I won't just tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>18562437
>I'm Cuban dude. Of course I talk loud.
so tell him "of course i do X because im american" if you wanna annoy him (fun but childish) OR try a calm discussion. stand your ground.
>>
>>18562437
It's normal roommate shit. Every single set of roommates I know end up royally getting on each other's nerves. If you accept that you will never fully be at peace as long as you have a roomie, you'll . . . Be at peace. Those Cuban dudes are real macho alphas. You gotta be firm in return. but it sounds like you are kinda being firm with him, no? Like how you refused to sweep the floor? Or do you usually give into his demands?
>>
From experience you won't get anywhere until you confront him about his behaviour. You might think you're just "being peaceful" but he probably doesn't realise this. Slowly your anger will build and may even erupt over something trivial that makes you look like a complete lunatic. So talk to him about it now.
>>
>>18562459
That's a good point. If he's a really macho Latin type, the fact is that he might not really respect your boundaries until you enforce them. He might be thinking in his head that he has you whipped.
>>
Just have fun with the beaner dude, don't be such a pussy about it. Maybe you could start exuding your ethnic heritage too.
>>
>>18562437
you should be grateful that he's communicating with you and not letting you do stuff that bothers him so much that he bottles it up and then blows up on you. You should be returning the kindness and letting him know if something he does bothers you, communication is a key factor for a successful relationship.
>>
>>18562437
Cuban here. Yes Cubans are loud as hell, short tempered like no other ethnicity. And they like their rice and beans. Truth is living with a roommate is hell. Is interesting I'm actually moving out tomorrow. Got lucky enough to land a good job and can afford to live by myself. Sucks my friend, in my opinion better to live in extra poverty than to live with someone else, unless is someone you know for a fact you can get along with living together.

Hasta la victoria, siempre.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.