[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ tldr; assaulted on vacation, now feels uneasy all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Michael_Peña.jpg (145KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Peña.jpg
145KB, 540x720px
Hey /adv/

tldr; assaulted on vacation, now feels uneasy all the time

Some months ago on vacation I was assaulted by a literally crazy person. He was a lot bigger and stronger than me, grabbed me by my jacket with one hand, Jesus flyers in the other, and started groaning at me. I very much doubt he was on drugs. He seemed like he really wanted to communicate something to me but just couldn't speak any human language, just various groans.

After about three minutes of me trying to calm him down and get him to let go of my jacket, he suddenly headbutts me, splitting my lip. I have no idea what to do. It doesn't seem like he really wants to hurt me as he still holding on to his Jesus flyers with one hand and he only gave me that one headbutt. A group of guys passing by saw what was going on and came over and succeeded in getting him to let me go. They seemed to know him, apologizing on his behalf.

Anyway, while the split lip wasn't really anything, I still find that the incident has effected me. Just how some guy, with a grab of his fist, took complete control of my life, it's something I've never tried before and now I just feel uneasy about being alone.

I'm sure some of you have experienced much worse, how do you deal with it?

Pic related, he looked kind of Michael Peña.
>>
>>18562181
Take boxing classesor some form of selfdefense
>>
>>18562181
I once got jumped by some group of Vietnamese gangsters for no reason (and I mean NO reason), and they beat me up (luckily nothing serious - split lip and bruises and stuff). But it messed with me mentally. I always got picked on growing up and I saw that when I got jumped they probably thought "this one will be easy and weak." I got over it, though. The thing is, most people actually avoid fights their whole life - and people who get into martial arts usually waste a ton of time training for something that will never ever happen. Most likely something like that will never happen to you again. The best thing is be aware of your surroundings. When I got jumped, I was in a bad area and wasn't avoiding the gangsters because I didn't wanna judge a book by its cover. Well, I say go ahead and judge now. Also when they attacked me I tried to fight back. That was dumb. How am I gonna fight 5 guys? I should have just ran! In your case, if you analyze things you'd probably just come up with this: I shouldn't have let that guy get close to me, I should have ran when he approached me, when he grabbed my jacket I should have kicked his nuts or fought harder to pull away from him. Anyway most likely you'll be ok in the future
>>
>>18562324
Thanks
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.