[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, it's me again. I think it got worse. My boyfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3000x2250px
Well, it's me again. I think it got worse.

My boyfriend (very spiritual guy) and I had a huge argument today for two hours or so. To make a long story short, he is completely against the Catholic religion and Jesus. Christianity in general. Oh and the part that got to me was that bibles should be burned.

He told me that he doesn't believe people who love Jesus and the bible will never reach a higher consciousness. Revealed to me the true origins and explained it all. Christianity and Islam and all those scriptures have to go. That Jesus never existed or performed miracles. Not only that but when we skyped, I was done crying because I was hurt. I'm still attached to Jesus and the holy bible, and all those things he said were really rude and had offended me.

I'm questioning my faith. I think I'm turning out to be agnostic or an atheist.

What should I do? Leave him? But how, if I love him so much?
>>
Am I supposed to know you or something?
>>
>>18562067
>Oh and the part that got to me was that bibles should be burned.
What a faggot. It's a waste of good toilet paper.

Anyway. Yeah, yeah, you two believe in two bunches of retarded bullshit (Christardism and MUH HIGH CONSCIOUSNESS), and you're arguing because of that? Grow up and find some real reason to argue.
>>
>>18562067
A super """spiritual""" guy kek

Protip: truly spiritual people don't advocate the burning of books. Destroying opposing view points is dogma, and dogma is the opposite of enlightenment.
>>
File: image.png (90KB, 336x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90KB, 336x258px
>>18562078
Are you going to give me a piece of advice or not?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 570x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 570x393px
>>18562089
Definitely going to bring that up to him.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 261x153px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 261x153px
>>18562081
Um, he's trying to break me free from the catholic religion. He wants me to walk the right path and everything.
>>
How did you even end up together in the first place?
>>
>>18562067
>Well, it's me again.

Bitch, this isn't your blog. No one knows who the hell you are.

Anyway you sound weak willed as fuck. If you want to believe in god that's fine. Tell your fedora tipping bf to mind his own business.
>>
File: image.png (239KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
239KB, 600x604px
>>18562103
Good question.

At the beginning I thought he was amazing and such a sweetheart. Stupid, stupid me. We're both into Eastern spiritually, fast forward a few months and there he is, telling me that if I want a higher consciousness and want to know God I must stop being a Christian baby.
>>
>>18562067
Hey Op

I want you to go on a walk and thibk or just meditate.

Why do you like this.
Why do you believe in Jesus
Why do you love your boyfriend
Why are you like this.
Ask yourselves these questions over and over again and until you find an answer.
Do you know Jesus or what he was like or do you only have an idea of what Jesus is and thus romanticize him.
Like wise a similar argument could be made for your bf. Do you really know him or do you romanticize the idea of him.

I know it's not direct advice but these questions aren't answered through direct advice. It's about what you think is right and why. If you want direct advice here it's either because you're lame and want to be told what to do or because you already made up your mind and are seeking validation. Get off this site and ask yourself these questions and others aright?
Don't worry thinks will turn out alright in the end ok?
This is how we grow and develop. I'm sorry it had to happen this way to you
>>
>>18562089
agree anon, those truly on a journey to enlightenment know there are many paths and whatever brings you comfort. People like him are just as dogmatic defending their cult as any Judea-Christian fundamentalist
>>
>>18562067
What if you are right and he's wrong? How do you know that he isn't full of sh*t? I know this type of people, they always think that they are right. You should leave him and tell him to grow up.
>>
Hey OP, its me again. The dude sounds like an edgy fedora tipper. You should follow what path you determine is the best, not what some "higher consciousness" gives you. At the end of the day you are the only person who gets to live your life.
>>
If you're a follower of Christ and he's not you have no business being in a relationship with him; even moreso if he's disrespectful to you and hostile to your faith.

>Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness (2 Cor 6:14)?
>>
>>18562111
>We're both into Eastern spiritually
Western kids playing at eastern spiritually without understanding an eastern mindset. I have never run across an asian that tried to convert or shame me over religion. Your bf is trying to replace a western religion with an eastern one and bend it to fit his western mind. I always laugh when a westerner spews terms and adherence to strict rules and hierarchy and believes that is spiritual. Its rational, linear thinking with unfamiliar information crammed into a box they are comfortable with. He takes himself way too seriously and that big ego he has is proof he completely misses the mark.
>>
>>18562067
My mum once told me to keep the politics and religion in the background if you want to be on good terms with people and keep friendships, one of the best advices I ever got.

If I were in your place (I'm a man but fuck it), I'd tell him that I love him and want to be with him but that talk about politics, religion and ideals only divides people and that this is not what you want with him. That there's a lot of ideological shit that doesn't beelong into your relationship
>>
>>18562171
This so much
>>
>>18562067
You also claimed to love Jesus, but you've got no problem abandoning him, so I'm not sure why you can't leave your boyfriend.
>>
>>18562067
>it's a cuckgirl episode
>>
>>18562067
You have two choices

1. Both agree never to discuss religion, ever, and just accept a disagreement and build your relationship on other things you share

2. Decide this is a deal-breaker, too big a difference to ignore, and break it off now.

There is really no third option. Neither of you is likely to be convinced by the other or to be happy if you are.
>>
>>18562111
>We're both into Eastern spiritually
L M A O
>>
Maybe he's trying to vent the frustration he has towards his presumably catholic parents like most anti-christians.
>>
Maybe both of you should stop being pretentious tryhards.
>>
You're eventually going to die. Religion is just a balm to soothe the fear of death.

Tell your BF to stop trying to shove his brand of medicine down your throat. Part of being in a relationship is accepting the person you love as they are. If he's trying to change you, it's a deal-breaker.
>>
>>18562067
For starters, you should leave your shitty religion, and the one good thing he's done is help you with that. But still, dump the book-burner.
>>
Being with someone who shoves their religion down your throat, Christianity or Esotericism, is a no go. Either he has to realise it's not the right thing to do, or you will have to separate for both of your guy's good.

Also, somewhere in the religion its revealed how you are actually immortal and how your have 9.9 x 10^infinity years to do whatever you want(Even if it's a long wait but that's sorta impossible for you) , so you should let people realise the truth whenever, and not force people to "realise."
>>
>>18563012
Fucking phone posting is the absolute worst.
>>
>>18562067

>believes christianity is all bs to the point of condescension
> believes in likely the most condescending religion in existance today.

Lol sounds like a douche.

No ones perfect and everyones an asshole and if you love him cool, and maybe youll work around it somehow.

Just saying i hate your boyfriend already.
>>
>>18562256
this
>>
If he can't learn to at the very least respect your religion, you should leave him.
>>
>>18562067
I don't know if there is a specific form of eastern spirituality that is being practiced. But, if he knew anything about Hinduism for example, he would know of the concept of Ishtadevata. Which is essentially, since God can be any form, it really does not matter what form you worship. As in a Christian version of God, Jewish, etc. This might be a good thing to take note of and tell him.
>>
>>18562067
Anyone who treats your closely held beliefs with such scorn, no matter how misguided they may or may not be, actually cares about you at all.

I'm mostly agnostic. But I'm cool with anyone believing just whatever the fuck they want as long as they don't try to force their beliefs on others and their beliefs don't affect non-believers. Using violence, rhetorical or otherwise, to try and sway someone's deeply held beliefs is cruel. That's not to say they should never be discussed, that's not to say there's no room for criticism, but there's a respectful and kind way to discuss these things, and telling you to burn your things and denigrating your faith is not the way.

Your boyfriend's beliefs are obviously more important to him than you as a person. I say you're better off without people like that in your life.
>>
>>18562067

He's right OP.

Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist. The Abrahamic religions are cults of control. No one has ever performed, or ever will perform magic.

Death is oblivion, and it's what you deserve. I mean that not aggressively, but caringly. To carry on in any way, shape or form even slightly analogous to life would be torture. Life itself is a random event, and not one with any value. One day this universe will be sterile again. That day will be the only day that we could refer to as "good", a concept we cling to erroneously.

>>18562100

The right path is detachment, atheism, and ascetic practices of self denial. Prepare for the void. Be celibate. Find no joy in your own aberrant flesh.
>>
>>18562089
It is not the knowledge that is burned, it is symbolically burning the cause of wars and death the world over.
This is a peaceful sentiment if one is to believe people wouldn't find a reason to kill each other regardless.

Ironically, scapegoating Christianity as a religion is a perfect example of a plausible such reason.

The solution for mimesis will be mimesis.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.