[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't decide which university to go to for a master's.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1474092240932.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1474092240932.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
I can't decide which university to go to for a master's. The program should be two years, but 40% chance it will be longer.

University 1:
+Program (as advertised) is exactly what I want
+Program is in my native language
-I don't like the city it is in (high rent, stressful)
-University is very big

University 2:
-Program is not quite focused on what I want
-Program is in a foreign language (I am good with the language, but not perfect)
+City seems perfect, I would probably live there the rest of my life if I got the right job
+University is much smaller and ranked higher by students for quality, also higher endowment

What do you think? How important is it that the program is in the specific field I want vs. living situation for 2-3 years?
>>
You're obviously not American. In the US, you appky to grad schools in the winter and ask for financial assistance. In early spring you get acceptance letters with fellowship/TAship offers, and you take whichever offers you the most money, because they actually want you and will work with you on research.
>>
Quality over quantity and day of the week.

Also it doesn't matter if the course is not exactly what you are looking for, as long as your goal is not science, because you will have to learn everythign from scretch for your job anyways.

Also gives you a better perspective for networking in that area so you can lend a job there and spend the rest of your life there.
>>
>>18561813

If there are true chances of finding a work, go to the second one. It is usually better to make contacts and know the job market in advance.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.