[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i buy a second hand bike for $150 or save up for a brand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1485702247881.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1485702247881.png
32KB, 688x578px
Should i buy a second hand bike for $150 or save up for a brand new one for $400

Anyone have experience with this kind of shit?
Im too indecisive
>>
>>18561117
"I used to be indecisive but now I am not quite sure."

But anyway... second bike $150 if you plan on riding with friends, it's always good to have a spare to get them into the hobby if they are ever interested.

$400 if you ride alone like a lone wolf.

Not the $150 one if you are trying to save money though.
>>
>>18561117
Go to Walmart and buy a new one for 100. Glad I could help.
>>
>>18561117
Get the cheaper one, it is less of a loss if gets stolen or damaged. I regularly see bikes left out in the city without seats, front frames, wheels.. anything thiefs are able to detach if not the entire bike. I also left my bike out in the city one night and the next morning the seat was wobbly (I was able to lift it off) and the chain literally crumbled when I unlocked it.
But I also live in the Netherlands where bike theft is very common sooo yeah. I had a 100 euro bike stolen then bought another for 25 euros and it works just as fine.
>>
>>18561117
Do you know how to mend a bike? Anyway $150 for a second hand seems a bit steep. Then again I'm from a country where people don't take care of their bikes, leave them out over winter and then just buy a new one when spring comes. I haven't bought a bike in 14 years, but I've had at least six that people just gave me or I found unlocked for months outside my building.

The more expensive the bike, the more likely it'll get stolen. My previous bike was a $900 bike that my neighbour just left when he moved. Parked it in a shady part of town for two hours, gone. Go for the cheap and learn how to fix it up, but so that it doesn't look too good.
>>
is it an investment that returns money? If your bike can replace a car and save you money, then you can invest money into it, otherwise throw as little money as possible out of the window.
>>
File: IMG_1873.jpg (1MB, 3234x2425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1873.jpg
1MB, 3234x2425px
>>18561117
I bought a Schwinn LeTour (pic related) from 1975 for like $125 or something off Craigslist and it's perfectly fine. I don't know why you'd spend more than $200 on a bike unless you're planning to be semi-serious about bike riding and not just commuting. Even if you ARE planning on regularly riding for sport, start out cheap.
>>
>>18561731
This, bikes are for european what umbrellas are for japs. You don't waste money on it unless you don't care about it getting stolen.
>>
>>18561117
what is the make and model of the 150 bike and what is the make and model of the 400 bike?

what would you be using the bike for , commuting? , excersise? , bikepacking? , doing wheelies and tricks

do you know anything about fixing bikes , or are you prepared and interested enough to learn?

answer these and i'll give you the best answer I can , I fix , buy , sell , collect , repaint , restore all types of bikes
>>
>>18561117
Always buy second hand because some nigger will always steal it.
I don't care how safe you think your bike is, they will steal it.
>>
>>18562869
why do you think niggers steal bikes?

It's to sell them used.

Also OP. 160 dollar walmart bikes sell on CL for 120 dollars. Better off buying new.

Old bikes from the 80's bought for 900 dollars sell for 400 dollars after 34 years, what a joke.

New bikes that cost 700 new will be sold for about 300 dollars. The seller will be white and seem like an average joe, the nigger who stole the bike is that average looking joe.

Fuck buying used bikes, it's the worst advice. There are no deal, and when you find one youll feel like you are perpetuating bike theft.
>>
>>18561839
Nice bike m8
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.