[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm locked into headed to boot camp for the marine corps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fat fuck.jpg (38KB, 539x527px) Image search: [Google]
fat fuck.jpg
38KB, 539x527px
I'm locked into headed to boot camp for the marine corps in about a month 1/2. I have made progress since I signed the line and swore my oath, but I'm still overweight, broke, and too slow, and too weak on all the initial requirements. I need advice on how to reach past that wall, when you give all you got till there's nothing left. when I first swore in, I weighed 205, could do 20 push-ups, 30 sit-ups. 0 pull ups. My miles 1/2 time was 21 minutes. As of now, I weigh 195, can do 40 sit-ups, 30 push-ups, 0 pull ups, 69 ammo can lifts, and I run a mile and a half in a little under 16 minutes.

Requirements are 3 pull pull ups, 55 sit ups, 55 push ups, 55 ammo can lift(I think) and a 12:30 mile 1/2.
I need to know what to do to force my body to reach this in only 1 month from where I am. Pain means nothing.
>>
>>18560935
sit-ups/push/ups/ammo cans is a 2 minute timed event.
>>
>I run a mile and a half in a little under 16 minutes
oh anon
>>
>>18560935
What do you mean requirements? You're already signed up and going. Just work on your cardio for now and the strength and stamina will come during boot camp.
>>
Just keep pushing yourself. My story might give you some hope.

I was very out of shape when I went to the ARMY (which is slightly easier than the Marines from what I understand). I wasn't fat though.

When I entered basic training my first two mile run was a little more than 23 minutes. My very last run (which I barely past) was I think like 17 minutes or something. I forgot exactly but I JUST barely past. During the entire two months I pushed myself and got a bit better at everything.

The more you do the better you will get. Two months is enough time if you push yourself. If you aren't getting better it's because you're not pushing yourself.

I had to do it in boot camp though. I was motivated and scared of the drill seargants and failure. If that doesn't motivate you then you might be fucked because your muscles aren't going to build and condition themselves.
>>
Soldier here, So I went in at 175 with no real training before hand. My first 2 mile time was 20 minutes, 30 push ups, 45 situps. Not 2 weeks into BCT I got a stress fracture in my hip to the point it was about to break and the doctors were gonna send me home. I told the doc he could go fuck himself, left the crutches at the door and left with a no run profile. I wasnt allowed out of the barraks most of the time unless it was to shoot or do the gas chamber because it didnt require running. While I waited for chow to be brought back Id run up and down the hallway while the DS was off doing paperwork on other people with similar if not shittier excuses to send them home. Second apft I scored 45 pushups 55 situps and an 18 min two mile ( I limped back to the barracks). Kept going and we got a two week break for the holidays, I ran my ass off around town and ever chance I had I'd rest my hip. Came back and had one last chance. 55 pushups, 60 situps, and a 16:48 two mile (which later dropped to a 14:45 once I got to AIT because Ft Meade was frozen over and we couldnt run so I recovered). My hip still hurts but I love what I do so much that the pain is worth it. If you think you cant then youre simply not trying hard enough. Run 4 miles everyday no matter how much it sucks, Download running cadences and match that speed. Lift heavier things. BE FUCKING SORE AND LOVE IT
>>
>>18561073
>My hip still hurts but I love what I do so much that the pain is worth it.

I don't think potential life long pain is worth it to have orders barked at you but kudos man. If you can manage that then fatties have no excuse.
>>
Whenever you can OP, SPRINT. If you're going to your car SPRINT, even if it's 10 seconds. Get your heart pumping. In AIT they made us do that. Whenever we ran around to the chow hall we had to run. Double time everything you do.
>>
>>18561080
OP here. When I'm running, when I hit that wall, and cant keep the pace, my heartbeat is usually at 200-220 bpm
>>
>>18561106

I found that running with my chest out and my head aimed high helps. Running in the cold is the best. If you can sing while you talk do it. Also when you run try and get your breaths in/out to coincide with your left/right foot hitting the ground.
>>
my recruiter was very motivated to prevent me from giving up on myself, though. When I'd start to slow down in PT, he get behind me and push me, football player style and force me to keep running without slowing down. All while telling me "Don't you fucking dare slow down when your team needs you"
>>
>>18561124
I'll try that next. Should I be doing that when I'm all out of energy, or for the entire run?
>>
>>18561132

The entire run. I think getting started is the hardest part. Once you've been running about fives minutes or so you should find your "comfortable" speed. Take good long strides. Don't move your feet too fast, even if it means going faster. I'm very short (like 5'4) and when I was in the ARMY I outlasted pretty much every other person in our runs. Don't go too fast. Runs aren't about that. You're going to wear yourself out. You can't compete with those guys that are in the olympics. They're just asking you to run a couple miles at a reasonable pace and it's easily accomplishable. You want to start off and immediately find the speed you are comfortable at and maintain that through the entire run. Fuck all those people that take off fast. You'll probably catch up and if you don't at least pass.
>>
>>18561143
To reach the requirements, for a treadmill, it would be running at around 7 or 7.2 for the entire mile and a half for the marine corps.
>>
>>18561151

The Marines does have to do a 3 mile run right?. The ARMY was two.
>>
>>18561153
yeah. the initial test is a mile and a half, and you do it in 12:30 or less to pass. the 3 mile req is 26 minutes.
>>
>>18561159

I suggest not running on a treadmill. That shit sucks. I can't STAND running on a freaking treadmill. I like road. I like to see where I'm going. I feel like reaching a destination or at least going forward is meaningful. I cant stand treadmills.
>>
>>185610773
Dont really ever get orders barked at me because I do whats expected of me. Most I have is an NCO who thinks theyre hot shit and treats my MOS like shit, but he's managable and I have ways of working around it when Im considered to be a good soldier to my plt sgt. Perks of working in PsyOp I suppose
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.