[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been eating 800 calories a day but still haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1501125629101.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1501125629101.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
I've been eating 800 calories a day but still haven't lost any weight. It's been 2 weeks.
>>
>>18560581
Do you work out? If so go to the doctor.
>>
>>18560587
Not really. I try not to because I want to see how much fat I've lost, not how much muscle I've gained
>>
Are you sure it's 800 calories? Maybe you're not counting things like oil? Are you weighing your food?
>>
>>18560581
are you counting in your head or with an app/journal? are you making sure to count calories you're consuming from drinks or condiments? 140 calories from a soda or 73 from a tablespoon of ranch adds up quick.
>>
>>18560599
Idiot.
>>
Drop to 700 calories and see what happens
>>
>>18560600
>>18560602
I use myfitnesspal and eat pickles when I get cravings. I eat very little of normal food
>>
You're body's trying to stop you from starving to death by bloating itself by holding on to water, sodium, carbs and other nutrients instead of metabolizing them properly.

Cut calories, don't throw your diet out the window. Also, exercise.
>>
>>18560581
Contrary to what dumb chucklefucks on this board tell you you still need to eat enough for your metabolism to not be in survival mode. That's why most programs have you step down your caloric intake as you lose weight. Your body is holding onto every calorie it can right now because it's not getting enough.
>>
>>18560617
But I thought you would only go into starvation mode if you ate 200 or 300 calories?
>>
Probably drinking 2000 cal a day.

Ir your just lying to yourself and eat more than you think.

Also calorie labels... on food can be wrong by upto 25% . So add 25% to calorie labels.

Also. If your not measuring/weighing the food you are over eating, but dont know
>>
>>18560625
How much should I be eating? I've lost 15 pounds so far
>>
>>18560626
Depends entirely on the individual.

Genetics, activity levels, body mass index, all play into that. Your body could freak the fuck out over something as simple as skipping breakfast (and not eating for 10-14 hours straight). Yeah, say goodbye to any weight loss that day.
>>
>>18560626
If you've majorly dropped your calorie intake instead of gradually reducing it, that'll trigger your body to go into starvation mode. Your body's like "oh shit, there's suddenly a lot less food. Better hold on to what I've got in case things get even worse"
>>
Goto / fit they love these threads.

Also. Go here.

https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/
>>
>>18560625
>Contrary to what dumb chucklefucks on this board tell you you still need to eat enough for your metabolism to not be in survival mode.
You are a retard and probably fat. There is no such thing. Calories in < Calories out = Weight Loss, period.
>>
>>18560634
>>18560633
>>18560626
see
>>18560642
Starvation mode is a myth propagated by landwhales who can't count condiments and don't count drinks.
>>
>>18560645
Youre a retard... please leave this thread. Youre making this awkward with your outlandish remarks!
>>
File: 1498614847272.jpg (37KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498614847272.jpg
37KB, 479x349px
>>18560642
>>18560645
>metabolism
>there is no such thing

Starving yourself is all fun and games until you get frustrated at the lack of results, become dangerously unhealthy do to the lack of fuel, and then relapse and gave all the weight you """lost""" back after one properly proportioned meal. Calories in < Calories out = Weight Loss is not the whole story. Fat loss is not that easy
>>
>>18560650
>>18560652
>My body defies physics, how DARE you suggest otherwise!
>>
>>18560625
That would literally break the laws of physics. Your body's RMR can be reduced by lack of calories, but it definitely cannot be reduced to 800 calories per day as an adult human, especially a man.

With every breath you take, you're exhaling carbon. Carbon is your weight. You will breathe all day and spew carbon out. If you eat less carbon than you exhale, you physically have to lose weight, barring temporary water weight.
>>
File: 1498134992810.jpg (41KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
1498134992810.jpg
41KB, 336x330px
>>18560654

When you suddenly drop your caloric intake dramatically your body will not immediately burn fat to make up for it. Over time if the starvation is sustained? Yes. However it is mentally challenging to maintain an intentionally unhealthy diet and it's more than likely that any progress would be temporary as your body will start to hang on to MORE of what little you're eating. Even if you do succeed in starving yourself by eating something insane like 700 calories a day, by the time you reach your goal weight you will have lost muscle as well as fat, your metabolism will be shot, an you will be in such shitty physical shape you'd be able to eat yourself back to standard in weeks if not days.

OP already told us he doesn't exercise. OP already don't us he snacks on dumb shit. There will not be any weight loss without exercise, hydration and a healthier diet. You can argue it all you want, but the fact that these threads pop up on /adv/ and /fit/ daily with the exact OP is proof the meme you keep spreading is garbage.

>hurr just stop eating bro what's the problem?
The problem is some hundred million years of evolution, asshat
>>
>>18560684
If OP ate 800 calories of protein bars per day with a multivitamin and worked his muscles out daily, he'd be in good shape. All because calories are low doesn't make the diet super shitty.
>>
>>18560698
yeah, but he's not exercising and he's eating pickles. I didn't say low calories was bad, i said a shitty diet and no exercise will halt your metabolism and weight loss
>>
>>18560709
Fair enough, you're right.
>>
>>18560709
>>18560730
I mean, it won't halt your weight loss, but you're right about the rest of what you said.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with people?

Just eat unprocessed food, 1400 calories to cut, exercise, and be on your fucking way.

Its like people will do absolutely anything except that to lose weight, even if its actually harder.
>>
>>18560746
idk man exercise is pretty goddamn awful
>>
>>18560746
>unprocessed food
>in Burgerstan

let's not get besides ourselves
>>
>>18560581
stand more sit less
>>
>>18560750
yeah but with 1400 calories you don't even need to exercise even with sedantary lifestyle. 1400 as a non manlet at 6 ft is maintenance levels for 50 pounds which would make you dead. 2150 is maintenance levels for 170 pounds at 6ft and 1400 is great for cutting with no exercise.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.