[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my SO's always dreamed of joining the Navy, since she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 12134.jpg (4MB, 5472x3648px) Image search: [Google]
12134.jpg
4MB, 5472x3648px
So my SO's always dreamed of joining the Navy, since she was young, wanting to be a pilot. She's currently working towards becoming an officer after she's finished studying aeronautics. Problem being, when she was born, the doctor exerted too much force in receiving her and it caused nerve damage in her right arm and one to be longer than the other. It's not entirely crippling, but she's unable to lift her arm up past shoulder-length. Of course, her other motor functions are still intact and she can still engage in physical activity regardless of her condition. Is it at all possible for her to still join and fulfill her dream--be it through reconstructive surgery or what-have-you? Or will MEPS make her dream impossible?

When I asked her about what she was gonna do when the time finally comes, and she looked at me and told me, "Please don't talk about it," my heart broke for her. I'm willing to do anything to help her. Does anybody know of any similar cases or could link me to a local neurosurgeon so I could prompt this very same query?
>>
>blaming a doctor for your birth defects
classy
>>
>>18560324
sorry but if it's documented and she brings it up she wont make it in. the only way in with a condition like that is for her to lie, and even then to become a pilot she would have to pass so many physical tests they would find out.
>>
>>18560338
>being this obtuse
Classy. You do realize that a lot of doctors aren't all that great at their jobs right? Especially depending on where you live.
>>
Not to be a buzzkill OP but pilot training is INCREDIBLY selective, if you have anything debilitating your ability to focus and function at all you're out

they get a lot of people wanting to be pilots you have to understand
>>
>>18560339
If she lies during enlistment and then attempts to become a pilot and they find out she will be dishonorably discharged and have to face all of the consequences that come with that. Sometimes you just have to give up on your dream. She can still attempt to become a pilot for other agencies or a private pilot but she will never become a military pilot.
>>
>>18560339
>>18560349
Regardless of whether, hypothetically, there is a possible surgery that could correct her condition and she were to recover well?
>>
>>18560353
Honestly op I don't know if theirs surgery that can correct dead nerves from that long ago
>>
>>18560353
I'm not sure if surgery can repair nerves to that extent. the one arm being longer thing isn't a problem but not being able to raise your arm above shoulder height to hit the overhead buttons is a deal breaker.
>>
>>18560346
>You do realize that a lot of doctors aren't all that great at their jobs right?
a lot of babies aren't born normal. she seems to be spending her time working towards an obviously impossible goal, are you sure it's only her arm that is retarded?
>>
>>18560353
The military does not like prior surgery
>>
If there really is nothing I can do, whatsoever, how should I tell her?
>>
>>18560453
she might already know and just wont face it until it's time for her to join. maybe it's better to just let her keep going and using it as fuel.
>>
>>18560453
Dude its not your job as a Bf to get her job sorted. She's an adult. You have no right to be the 'reality bringer' to her. She'll probably just hate you. If she finds out she doesnt qualify 4 extremely competitive job let her find out. If she gets deluded about it , its her problem. And if she gets sad the IT IS your job to support her emotionally if u love her. Just dont have this 'talk' with her if u want to be on her good side.
>>
>>18560460
>>18560490
So I just sit back in the sidelines and watch her slave away towards her dream, and be there for her when she's inevitably crushed under the weight of her situation?
>>
>>18560503
She's smart enough to be a pilot but not smart enough to know the physical requirements or hardship of the enviroment? Why the hell r u asking 4chan when she should be asking the navy officer these kinds of questions? If you think she's deluded then im sorry, but your influence is limited. If she seems reasonable u might want to talk in a suggestive manner. Never giving orders or calling her out on shit.
>>
>>18560346
sounds like cerebral palsy tbqh. I have it in my leg. one leg is longer than the other, foot is smaller than the other, and the ankle is so stiff I have to walk on my toes. can't get into the military obviously
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.