[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and still have terrible terrible acne. Ages ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I'm 18 and still have terrible terrible acne.

Ages ago I got a GP prescription of spot cream, but I use it all up before I'm allowed my next one and the acne builds up over the weeks and I just can't stand it anymore.

What are my options if I'm in the UK? Ask the GP for accutane?

>I shower twice a day (cause I exercise every day)
>I use some face cleaner wash for acne but it don't really do shit
>I clean my bedding as often as
>I limit my dairy significantly

I don't know what else the fuck to do! I'm so frustrated.

I can't help but squeeze my spots too, and they always leave red scars and shit I'm so retarded. I can't help it, its an addiction to squeeze and pop them.

I get most of my acne on my neck, back, sides of forehead and chin under my facial hair. (Are some of these ingrown hairs perhaps? I get so many small ones here)
>>
Kinda meme tier but honestly get more sunlight. I never had as serious acne as your pic but getting tan and being in fresh air seems to do wonders. It never cleared it completely but definitely did wonders considering there was zero effort involved on my part. Might be for you since you live in the UK and the sun never comes out but definitely worth a shot. Worst case scenario is you get tan.
>>
>>18560005
>shower twice daily
Don't do this. I had horrible acne as a teen, and found out only after years of acne that it was primarily caused by drying the ever living fuck out of my skin by taking long, hot showers on a daily basis.

Here is what helped my face go from looking like it had skin cancer to being 99% clear in about 3 months:
>wash face off with cold water before exiting the shower (I also decreased the frequency of my showers as a precaution until my acne cleared - I shower once a day now, but showered 3 times a week while my acne was still bad)
>use moisturizing cream after exiting the shower and/or shaving
>start daily usage of hydroquinone cream (I use a product with 4% hydroquinone, 5% glycolic acid, and 5% gluconolactone - the similar you can find to that, the better)

As for the cream, I don't know the rules regarding if/when you can purchase that kind of cream. I can pick it up at a drug store without a prescription in Canada, and we're a pretty cucked country, so I am optimistic that you can find a similar product in the UK.

Best of luck.
>>
>>18560059
I have to shower twice a day I sweat so damn much. I'd have to clean my bedding every other day otherwise.

I'm aware about hot showers and I only shower for 2-4 minutes, and only have it Luke warm at best.

I guess I can reduce it but I absolutely HATE going to bed all sweaty and dirty and it makes me feel like shit and ruins my sleep.

I'll try the rest of what you said too. Many thanks man.
>>
>>18560067
If you can't reduce the amount of showers you take, I'd recommend taking purely cold showers. You'll hate it, especially living in such a cold country, but you will be drying out your skin a lot less.
>>
>>18560059
This person knows what he's talking about.

Also, OP, look into Asian Beauty if what he suggested doesn't help that much.
>>
19 and still have acne
Feels horrible man
>>
Try a mud facial. It's girly i know, but the stuff can work.

Don't use soap on your face. Moisturize your face daily. And exfoliate.
>>
>>18560005
Lately I've had a bad staph boil outbreak (looks almost as bad as what you posted.) I'd had acne in the past but not this bad. I tried washing daily with antibiotic soap, sleeping on a towel over my pillow, etc., with no luck. I finally went to a drug store and got some kind of antibiotic cream over-the-counter. If I use it across my face and scalp it gets rid of all that stuff. Hopefully it keeps lasting. It does say don't use it for long periods or on large areas, but I don't have much choice at teh moment.
>>
trry every johnson & johnson product
>>
>>18560005
eating less animal fats? sugars? maybe change in your diet could help?

Good luck OP!
>>
Diet and washing your face don't help with acne, that's just a myth. Most forms of acne is caused by inflammation. (Source my doctor). Go to your doctor and get an antibiotic it's helped me a lot.
>>
>>18560005
No fap
>>
>>18560059
I wish it was this easy. My face is an Arabian oil field. I definitely don't need any more moisture on there.
>>
I stopped the use face cleansers at 18-19. Have only had pop up zits since. I honestly think the cleansers cause more acne.

Just use shit like coconut oil and natural lotions. Don't use some clean and clear bs
>>
Accutane saved me. It's a brutal drug, but it's 10x more effective than all the 'tricks' you can find online combined. It will dry the fuck out of your body though.
>>
>>18560005
all acne fags are retards who keep touching their faces and damaging the skin

no exceptions

just stop poking your face

you can thank me later
>>
For me when I get constipated and my shit turns into small pebbles my acne flares up. Make sure your digestion is working to eliminate shit on a daily basis.

Stop washing your face for one week and just let the water run on it.

Start an elimination diet where you only consume fruits and veggies for a week and see if it helps. If it does, that means that something you stopped eating was causing it.
>>
>>18560005
Go to your doctor again. They have a million meds. If one doesnt work they try another.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.