[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, could use some legal advice. Live in Florida. Back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: zps4g4tn418z.png (3MB, 2048x2020px) Image search: [Google]
zps4g4tn418z.png
3MB, 2048x2020px
Alright, could use some legal advice. Live in Florida.

Back in November I got a citation for an expired registration. I was supposed to pay the citation and "produce item to clerk of courts", which I assume means show your renewed registration to show that you're still not driving with an expired tag. Anyway, my dumbass completely misunderstood and thought it was an either or thing and not both, so I paid the citation and forgot all about it. Fast forward to June and I get pulled over and the cop tells me I have had a suspended license since March. I told the cop I had no idea it was suspended, he told me it was for the citation back in november, I explained I thought I only had to do one or the other not both. I also explained that since november I have purchased and registered another car and was involved in a minor collision and nothing ever came up. Cop was pretty cool and understanding. At first, he was going to give me the unknowingly driving w/ suspended license but he gave me the knowing one instead because he explained I would get a court date faster and I would be able to deal with it faster. He told me that if they called him into the courtroom about it he would just drop the charges, and that this would not go on my records.

My court date is tomorrow and I'm just wondering what things I should say or not say to the judge. Obviously I fucked up here and its my fault.

Also some more information, license was suspended march 1st, I was out of town for work for all of March and most of April. Was home for May for a couple of weeks. I do not ever remember seeing a notice saying that my license was suspended. Left again for the 2nd half of May, came back home for a couple weeks in June (this is when I got pulled over). Left again for 2nd half of June, came back early July and been home since.
>>
>>18559806
The letter letting you know your license was suspended would have come from the FHSMV, they're easy to miss though.
You really should have hired a lawyer for this since it's no longer just a citation and instead a slightly serious offense.
>>
>>18559815
I thought about hiring a lawyer but I didnt think it was that big a deal. How hard can I bank on them calling the officer in and him dropping the charge? Would they call him in if I just explained that I had no idea even though he gave me the knowing charge?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.