[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend (who's a little obnoxious and neckbeardy sometimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1494399254917.jpg (72KB, 613x635px) Image search: [Google]
1494399254917.jpg
72KB, 613x635px
My friend (who's a little obnoxious and neckbeardy sometimes but hasn't done stuff like this before) sent me a picture of dead cats being sold in some sort of stand during what I thought was a light-hearted cats v dogs argument (I preferred cats), when I confronted him about it the next day (both conversations were in online chat if that matters) he was extremely defensive about it and said he was using it to prove a point (he said dogs were more "useful" and seemed like he was saying we should kill cats, but I'm not sure) and that I wasn't being "objective" (he seemed to think being objective means being emotionless, and un-empathetic to animals) and that he thought I'd be more "thick skinned" than that, at the very end he apologized saying he gets "single minded" and "only focused on the task directly in front of him" saying that he was only focused on getting me to see from his point of view, and said that he was shocked by me getting upset and didn't intend for it, should I believe this flimsy apology and try to befriend him again or should I just cut ties?
>>
talk about a run on sentence...

What did you confront him about exactly?. The sending of the picture? or the argument?. Was there even an argument?.

Do you think he killed the cats?. Did you ask him where he got the picture?.
>>
Your friend is a dumbass who also doesn't know what objective means but i think you're taking this waaay too personally. Just tell him you won't tolerate shit like that again and give him a chance to redeem himself, if he does it again then clearly this person is socially challenged and you should cut ties.
>>
>>18558964
I should probably work on my formatting...
I confronted him about the picture but it kinda escalated into arguing about animal rights and such.
He probably got it from google images.
>>
>>18558946
Your friend is clearly autistic and likely doesn't know better. If you want to cut ties with someone for being a sperglord that is on you. But in all honesty that is trivial shit and you do seem over sensitive. Not everyone will feel the same emotional sensitivity you do.
>>
>>18558946
You both sound fucking autistic which is why you are probably friends. This whole argument is absolutely retarded. Fuck off lol.
>>
>>18558988

aaah ok. I thought the issue was like you thought he was trying to get you to help him kill cats or some shit.

If his problem is that he resorts to "shock" value content in order to attempt to convey his point of view somehow then that may be an issue.

It's one thing if you come on 4chan and see that (you know how these people are and you expect that kind of shit, so if you're on /b/ then you're asking to see that kind of shit), but if you don't want to see it otherwise your wishes should be respected.

I would give him another chance to act appropriately if it was me but it would be the last chance. That's how I am. That's how I avoid stupid shit in my life. I'm kind of zero tolerance and it saves me lots of headaches.

If I give someone an ultimatum and they fuck it up then great, they can fuck it up without me around next time. I don't feel bad, they chose the outcome.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.