[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I apologize if this is a bit rambly. Never have been good with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3321.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3321.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I apologize if this is a bit rambly. Never have been good with words, so deal or don't read it I guess.

So I have always been called out for being too sensitive, or too picky or whatever. Essentially, I believe, what irritates me is shit that I perceive as being disrespectful. Having people leave things messy is big for me. When I'm talking to somebody and upon finishing and waiting for a response, receiving only silence, and maybe a "wait what?" after I give up and start walking away.

Any time I complain about it people always will tell me things along the lines of "why don't you just fix it yourself" or some other something that just makes me feel like they just don't give a shit and that the things that I feel aren't valid at all.

I understand that some things like having people be messy around my house in various ways can be solved if I just do it myself. The reason I don't appreciate things like that, or at least how I rationalize it, is that any person in the right mind wouldn't just leave a bunch of crap on somebody else's bed and force them to either do some cleaning or sleep on lumps, or leave a bowl of milk out for days after eating a bowl of cereal and have the milk get all spoiled.

I personally don't get irritated over any solitary messy event, but it's a daily grind. I feel like somebody's parent constantly having to babysit and make sure nobody is doing things of the nature.

I don't know whether they think I'm ridiculous and just feel too bad to tell me, or if they realize what they're doing is wrong and just simply don't care. I can't make a big deal out of it because it's always really small things but they happen around my house so often. I feel bad telling anybody shit about it because it is just a small thing at any given time, but should I really be expected to be the house maid just to not live in a pig pen?

I just wanna know if it's silly for me to feel disrespected. If it's reasonable then any advice on how to approach the situation?
>>
> living situation
what is it ?
>>
>>18558261
Keep your living space clean. Try and keep the shared spaces of the house that you need to use e.g. bathroom clean as well. Let them do whatever with the rest of the house, and move out, hopefully.

That's what I'm doing.
>>
>>18558266
Not much. Live with family and then my girlfriend stays with us. My dad is a huge neat freak and he's kind of the head of the house even though everybody is respected around my house. But my girlfriend who sleeps in the same bed always leaves my room (which is practically an office room, no windows or anything and very small) a mess a lot and I have to deal with that directly because she's at my side a lot when we're both awake and in the house. My brother doesn't make as many messes, but he's the one that leaves milk out for days and stuff. On top of that I'm a homebody and any time there's a mess my father comes to me and gives me shit about it first. It's not solely over the mess, which is mildly annoying depending, but I also just take the brunt of it when there's a mess left out and my dad sees the shit lying around. I'm the one that gets an earful over the messes made from my brother or girlfriend.
>>
Part of the problem is that it's my girlfriend who leaves a lot of the mess and even if I did move out, am I just gonna move out without her? And before anybody reading says "yes," it's not like she's a bad person or anything (which makes this even worse since I care for her). I have history with her and she compliments my personality really well (my needy one). I just have a problem with her being a pig and the way she responds when I even try to apprehend the situation.
>>
>>18558280
> first
tell your father you are constantly cleaning up after your brother ,
> second
just suck it up and clean after your girlfriend she is living with you by your accord i'm guessing
>>
>>18558302
She's living with me and I did encourage it, but she moved out early in her life (she was out of state) with a different dude but she had to hold a job full time and couldn't go to school. She got with me afterwards and she moved out from that place with that guy because her grandma had land and offered a place to stay. Then her grandma had her doing yard work for her on the land and sweeping her driveway and shit for hours of the day and was miserable. She's gotten to come out here so she can live a better life and hopefully succeed in trying her chances at a better life. It's not technically by my wishes 100% since she moved here with a reason, and I still think she's almost like a tenant here even though she pays no rent. I kind of expect her to follow the same rules my father lays out for everybody here.
>>
>>18558302
Also my dad knows my brother leaves out a mess. My brother is just 3 years older and (all 3 guys here have had anger problems) but he never learned to control his as well as me and I guess my dad is too much of a pushover like I am to tell him shit. He knows well of it and I do too. I'm probably the one who actually gets yelled at because I'm the one who actually listens and doesn't like to start fights.
>>
>>18558321
then just ask her to pick up after herself , its either that or just pick up after her its no more complicated than that , its like you have 2 neighbors and they both ask to borrow your sheers one is they type who returns them in perfect condition since they treat them better than their own stuff and one who would return them broken probably their are just 2 types of people in the world ones who care and ones who don't
>>
I wanna reference the original question once more. I appreciate the feedback so far and it's got me thinking a little but my original question hasn't been answered too well. Is me feeling irritated and annoyed over having to deal with it all the time uncalled for? Any person I get on about this subject always gives me this sort of attitude like I'm just a neat freak. Like, if there's little things happening all the time, am I overreacting because they're just little things or am I justified in feeling these things?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.