[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Say something about Linkin Park killing himself for a, "Too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1501011489721.jpg (29KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
1501011489721.jpg
29KB, 680x440px
>Say something about Linkin Park killing himself for a, "Too soon joke" with the guys
>2 of them pull a 180 and tell me that I'm heartless, and that I don't understand mental illness.

These are the same fucking dudes who I've made terrible jokes about various situations before.

>ib4 you really don't.
I really do, and I honestly don't feel I have to level with anyone for the situation to be taken any differently.
>>
>>18557184
CRAWLIN'
>>
>>18557184
All I've learned from people dying/killing themselves is that people all of a sudden love you, even if they hated you(or your music for that matter) before.

You know what to do OP.
>>
>>18557188
IN
>>
>>18557203
MY
>>
>>18557184
>Joking about someones suicide and mental illness

You're disgusting and they're right.
>>
Can you post the joke?
>>
>>18557184

people like to joke about things until its something they care about, or are pretending to care about. they probably did not care for the guy but had a nostalgic conversation about linkin park so it set them off.

you can fight, or you can ignore it. if you've had friends for this long you can trust that they've ignored things you've done too.
>>
>>18557229
FAT
>>
>>18557184
crawling
>>
>>18557184
in
>>
>>18557184
my
>>
>>18557184
skin
>>
>>18557184
these
>>
>>18557184
wounds
>>
>>18557184
they
>>
>>18557184
do
>>
>>18557184
not
>>
>>18557184
heal
>>
File: 932c4757e5-1486802430192.png (718KB, 777x1029px) Image search: [Google]
932c4757e5-1486802430192.png
718KB, 777x1029px
>>18557255

>kid
>implying you could do better, let alone this

impressive ego, kid.
>>
>>18557241
>talking about video games
>Are there any games where you leave your wife and kids behind?
It's a dumb joke and actually Red Dead Redemption came to mind. I just watched Jim Norton defend offensive jokes to a feminist and I've head all I need to at this point. I'll post the link If anyone is interested.
>>18557241
Exactly. I ignored it.
>>
>>18557184
Those guys are pussies then. If my pals did that I would fuss at them about what bitches they are. Hell even my pals made a movie theater shooting joke about the dude who dressed up as a joker a week after it happened. I made a Sandy Hook joke days after it happened.My buds laughed. I am sure you and I are on the same page here on the jokes we blurt out.

Best way after being bitched by them about how heartless you are: y somsrs bro?
>>
>>18557284
CRAWLIN'
>>
>>18557184
Lol anyone who gets offended by anything is just a snowflake, OP. I was a huge fan of Chester and it's sad that he's gone. But shit, it was just a joke.
>>
Who gives a fuck about this bum? Their music totally sucked.
>>
>>18557641
This. No one cared, and it the end, it doesn't even matter
>>
My eyes actually teared up when I found out and I still laughed at the too soon jokes my friends made minutes later. Linkin Park has always been one of my favorite bands. No other recent celebrity deaths have really mattered to me, but I used to listen to their cds on repeat all the time.

Also if I kill myself I could only hope my funeral would be everyone getting drunk and roasting the fuk out of me with horrible jokes.
>>
>>18557184
People are hypocrites. Nothing you can do about it. Sounds like they don't respect you if they really feel that way about a joke. A joke, by definition, is not meant to be taken seriously. People who think you mean what you say when you say a joke are stupid.
>>
To be honest I wouldn't enjoy a joke like that from anyone who isn't a both real fan and a close friend of mine. I have noticed how my life has turned a lot more hopeless after his death and I'd rather not hear people making fun of them unless they understand or share how I feel about this.
Either way I doubt your joke was funny.
>>
>>18558214
I already admitted that it was a bad joke.
>>
a tranny got banned on twitter for saying him dying was a good thing
kek i'm happy
>>
People like to joke saying it's sense of humour, black humour and so on as long as it's not about them. When someone does the same to them they get offended instead.
I'm pretty sure if anyone joked about someone you care about who killed themselves you wouldn't be laughing.
>>
>>18557184
maybe the whole depression thing hit close to home
>>
>>18558592
I have make jokes all the time with my close friends about my dad who passed and we all know it's just how I cope with it. It annoys me when someone tells you what's right and what's wrong to laugh at. Where does it end?
>>
>>18557684
I told my oldest brother that if he's alive when I die I want him to give my eulogy at my funeral. I want it to be mostly filled with bad/distasteful jokes and dark humor. We even kinda started writing stuff for it jokenly.
>>
I don't get it, everyone I know used to hate LP and even shame people for listening to it and suddenly everyone is sad. For fucks sake, if we keep stirring up attention around famous people offing themselves only more and more kids will kill themselves because the message is clear - people love you after. We should stop it. Whether you're famous or not, if you killed yourself you should be shamed for being a coward and not facing the world like the rest of us has to do
>>
You either truly believe that nothing is exempt from humour or you don't. Lots of people say they do and then prove themselves wrong by getting triggered.

Not that humour can't be offensive, but I think anything done in the right way with the right sense of irony and detachment can be funny. It's possible you made a shit joke that was more offensive than funny, or its possible your friends are snowflakes. I've been around people who have made racist jokes that made me shudder, even though my friends and I often make racist jokes, but delivery and trust is everything. I normally don't react by telling them they're bad people though, just "I'm not sure that's alright"

I dunno, couldn't say for sure without knowing what the joke was but given that their reaction was to make bold assumptions about your character based on a joke you made, they don't seem like the most thick skinned people.
>>
>>18557647
Audibly kek'd in public
>>
Okay.
>>
Joke about Auschiwtz, 9/11, Fukushima, or Sandy Hook and chances are the people hearing it will have zero connection to the dead.

Joke about Linkin Park or Robin Williams, and it's likely that those same people have at one point in their life enjoyed the work of either of them. Those two artists were a part of our lives at some point, even if only for a few minutes.

That's the difference.
>>
OP are you autistic?

Do you SO ADAMANTLY refuse to believe there's a time and place for everything that you had to make this post for validation?

your timing of the joke was off. don't be an idiot.
>>
>>18557264
No it's just you uttering underage behavior sorry kid
>>
File: 1495761777783.png (247KB, 502x666px) Image search: [Google]
1495761777783.png
247KB, 502x666px
>mfw this same exact shit happened 4 years ago with Paul Walker
I still don't give a shit lol
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.