[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I actually make changes in my life? >Know I need a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6381.jpg (44KB, 288x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6381.jpg
44KB, 288x339px
How do I actually make changes in my life?

>Know I need a girlfriend
>Know I need a job
>Know I need a car
>Know I need to move out of parents house
>Know I need to go to the gym
>Know I need to get more friends

And yet every day I wake up at noon and do nothing but stare at computer, how do I successfully break my routine and reach my goals?
>>
You have to decide that is what you really want, and force yourself to do it. Nobody can do these things for you.
>>
>>18557099

I want you to do this.

Go to bed now. Set your alarm clock for 6am. No matter how tired you feel at 6am, GET UP. get up, throw some clothes on and before doing anything else, go walk around at a brisk pace for no less than 40minutes. Go walk all around your neighborhood. It will wake you up quick from blood flow and you'll feel good. Once you get home eat some breakfast and shower. It'll be before 8am and you've already gotten some exercise, ate, and done hygiene. You've already accomplished something, and you will FEEL like you did too. You will feel like you have a lot of time. So, clean your room!

Every time you complete a task, no matter how small and simple it is, it will make you feel accomplished. That will lead you toward your goals that you listed.
>>
>>18557099
1. You don't need a gf.

2. Literally just do it. I was NEET for 2 years, doing nothing all day every day. The only reason I'm not still one is because I decided to do something one day.

Pick something on your list and make it happen.
>>
>>18557099

>need a girlfriend

You don't "need" one. And even if it is a priority to you, it's definitely the least important thing you listed
>>
>>18557110
It is what I really want, but I don't know how to facilitate moving towards these things.

I feel like the first step is moving out of home, but rent is expensive and I don't have any friends that are moving out, should I just move in with some strangers?

>>18557125
Decent advise, but I don't really want to trick myself into feeling accomplished, I want to reach my goals.

>>18557134
But I want one, What did you do on that day that changed everything?
>>
>>18557151

It's not tricking you. Because you're actually doing something. You underestimate how healthy walking is for you. It's not just physically healthy, but it's mentally healthy too. It will give you motivation. Do that shit tomorrow, and try to start working on one of your goals.

*technically, you could count that as gym since you just did cardio.
>>
>>18557141
You're right I don't need one, but having someone to build a connection with would definitely do me a lot of good.

>>18557157
You're right, I'll try and walk every day, if it helps me with my motivation its definitely worth it.
>>
>>18557165

Do it first thing in the morning, it sets you off on a good pace for the day (figuratively and literally). My therapist had me do that same thing and it really did help. Wake up EARLY. Because by the time you get done, you'll be wide awake and energized, and you'll feel like you have so much time. So use that to start your shit. Go look for jobs, go sign up at a gym
>>
>>18557099
To do all of those green texts you need to get a job first, make that your absolute top priority.

To get shit done you need MONEY.
>>
>>18557171
Thanks friend. My main focus is on moving out of home, do you have any advise on that?

(none of my friends are looking to move out) so that leaves moving in with strangers or renting alone which is near impossible ?
>>
>>18557200

Welcome

I'd say this>>18557199
>>
>>18557199
I've got money saved up, but you got any advise on finding a good job?

Should i just settle for any job that makes me miserable or be very picky for something that i will enjoy working at?
>>
>>18557213
>but you got any advise on finding a good job?

Beggars can't be choosers.

It all comes down to experienced and qualifications, employers absolutely hate gaps in resumes and will bin that shit a majority of the time unless they're trying to take advantage of desperate out of work people (some role like commission only 'direct sales')

Try and land something that pays, it may be miserable, but it beats holding out for some sort of comfy easy job while you're getting no money.

You don't want to waste your savings just getting by, you should have a source of income.
>>
>>18557099

destroy computer.

>BUT I NEED THAT FOR GETTING A JOB

use your parents computer. that way you can only have access to it for those reasons.

if oyu can't do this than yeah you're addicted. prove oyu're not. at the very least tell your parents to hide it away in the back of their closet until you get a job
>>
>>18557151
I'm sure you do want one. But it's not a need. Don't get the two confused.

The day I stopped being a NEET I just decided to sign up for a TAFE course (kind of a step between highschool and uni in my country). I just went on the website, saw something I wanted to do and did it.

Now I'm studying a bachelor at uni, I've travelled, I picked up violin, am studying a second language, hang out with friends every weekend instead of playing vidya at home. It doesn't happen passively, you have to get up and just do it.
>>
File: jbp meme.png (162KB, 271x274px) Image search: [Google]
jbp meme.png
162KB, 271x274px
>>18557099
>>
Piling up small changes over a long period of time is the only thing that's started to help me.
>>
>>18557221
>if oyu can't do this than yeah you're addicted.
Yeah, nah. Don't listen to this OP, breaking addiction doesn't require destroying expensive goods you own.
The only way you break your routine is to be harsh on yourself. Straight up say "I can't X until I Y". Maybe you can't have lunch until you applied for 5 jobs. But make these challenges and stick with them
>>
You need willpower, and willpower comes from forcing yourself to do shit you don't want to do. Going for walks is a good start. In fact, exercising in general is. You'd be surprised how much it changes you.

It's especially helpful if you find yourself not enjoying your hobbies as much as you used to (vidya etc..), exhausting yourself then coming home to relax is a great feeling.
>>
Jesus this thread is full of shitty advice. "Go for a walk and clean your room?" "Beggars can't be choosers?" "Destroy your computer?" Come on people.

OP, the only way to attack this is one step at a time. The things you want are all things that kind of stack on each other. It's about setting small priorities and then building up to the larger ones. The guy with the walking idea wasn't totally off in terms of setting yourself up to feel accomplished and that exercise is good, but it's unrealistic to get up at 6 am when you have no reason to.

So try this. You don't have transportation yet. Solve that issue. Can your parents drive you to work? Can you borrow a car? If not, it's time to learn about your local bus schedule. Look that up. Now you've accomplished one thing, you know where you can get to for cheap.

Take the bus around one day. Make this your only goal. Just to take some bus rides. Take a look at what businesses you can get to. The next day, check online, or walk into these businesses and ask for an application. Figure one out.

Anyways, get a job, and money will come for a car. Money will come for a new living situation. When you have these things, you'll make friends at work and expand your social circle. That will help you find a girlfriend. But take small, manageable steps, and don't be afraid to fail.
>>
>>18557099
>>Know I need a girlfriend
You'll be much more motivated in this area if you have a particular girl in mind. Try to take up an activity that puts you into contact with women - preferably something easy and low-stress so you can handle it in your current depressed state. Maybe volunteering with a charity?

In general, you have to approach this one step at a time. Work out what the easiest part is and start there. Once you've got started it all falls into place. If, for example, you meet a girl you really want, you'll suddenly have the motivation to do all that other shit in order to impress her. Or if you start by getting a job, you'll meet lots of new potential friends and girlfriends. Even getting a car would help a lot because it'll make you think 'I need somewhere to go and someone to go with'. The first step is the hardest, by far - once you've taken that step you'll be a new man.
>>
Change priorities. Job first. Then friends and working out. Then optionally a gf if you meet somebody interesting. Then moving out and getting a car. Job is a basis for all, to be honest - you need a schedule to go by (with job it's easier) and you definitely need your own money.
As for a job
>think of your skills - it doesn't have to be from school/uni or previous job
>search job offers and find anything you're at least half-qualified for
>prepare a proper CV (use canva or something to make it look cool and write ALL the stuff that may be useful for the job you're applying for - even if it was just a hobby or even if you only did that once, list all the skills)
>send a lot of CVs but if you apply for different jobs customize it, write cover letters if they're suggested or required
>if you can't think of any useful things apply for some internships for starters, remember to prepare properly for the interviews
If you get a job
>a gym close to your workplace will be comfortable - you'll just go there straight from work, it'll make it easier to stick to a schedule
>friends: I said get a job first because to hang out with people you need money for your food or drinks. You can start with joing some facebook groups or something where there are people similar to you/interested in the same things - look into events and join them to meet new people. If they're similar/they got the same interests, it'll be easier to connect. Get their contact, talk to them, ask them to hang out from time to time. Group chats are a protip - you can just throw a "finishing my shift soon, anybody wanna grab a drink today?" and see if there's anybody up
>>
Focus on each of those goals only one at a time. First, excercie. Forget the gym, right now, put on shoes and go for a run. I'll wait till you get back.

You're back? Ok, good. Next up is your job, since that might lead to friends. Do you have a usefull college degree? If not, you can still become a skilled worker by aquiring a license to operate some kind of heavy machinery, like a forklift or a crane. Once you have the license, apply for work in a shipyard, warehouse, construction, or anywhere else they might need the kind of heavy machinery you're licensed in.

Once you get a job, be friendly and positive to your co-workers, and try to find common interests. They're probably busy while working, but see if you can talk to them at lunch. If they're interested in something you've never looked into, when you go home look it up and see if it's something you like. If it is, go back the next day and tell them what you think about it. This is how you get friends.

Put extra effort in at your job each day. It'll be tiring, but your goal is to get your supervisers to notice you out of the dozens of workers they see every day so you're the one who gets raises and promotions. This is how you get money, which is how you get a car and your own apartment or house.

Go to your local playground and offer the kids candy. This is how you get a girlfriend.
>>
>>18557099
you only need to get a job and eventually move out
the rest isn't necessary. you NEED a car? wtf
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.