[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need out of a restaurant job, probably into a new one or for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2YqKOTz.png (229KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
2YqKOTz.png
229KB, 1200x807px
I need out of a restaurant job, probably into a new one or for the love of god, anything else.

How do I BS my 11 months of dishwashing experience into other forms of experience? I would kill for either an office 9-5 or a retail 9-5. Basically, anything else other than this godforsaken excuse of a job.

I don't care if I have to be bureaucratic or anything else of the sort. I just want a physically easier job without getting that dirty, or that much shit being spat at me because I'm a fucking dishwasher.

I don't ever want to work here again, and I certainly never, ever want to work in a kitchen again. Literally anything is better than this. I'm pretty sure being a garbageman for real has already been taken. Everyone knows this and jumped on that wagon long ago.
>>
In your next interview because there will be one. Don't mention any of those issues. Say you liked it and are moving on. You got a lot of responsibility as a dishwasher and it can be on your resume, just look up dishwasher duties for resume. Try merchandising for coke, Pepsi, lays chips, anything man.. fork lift driving newspaper carrier, florist, pizza delivery. Good luck op. Was a dishwasher too, at least your hands are soft af
>>
>>18557094

-attention to detail skills
-strong work ethic
-care for the work place
-team player
-reliable employee
>>
>>18557094
Retail 9-5 job
Kek what the fuck is that? No such thing.

Anyway idk anon, in my experience it's far easier to break into retail with food service experience than the other way around. Every job in the food industry in my area all requires you have a minimum of 1 year experience in food service before they'll even look at your app.

Anyway, if I can get jobs no problem with only 8 months worth of experience TOTAL to my name, I'm sure you can too.

Go apply at retail places for cashier jobs (or stock jobs, I find them to be god tier). Just keep in mind it might be physically less taxing but it will be more emotionally taxing.

Maybe it's just me but by the 50th soccer mom with a "talk to your manager" haircut twice my age spitting on me and calling me a worthless retard because I couldn't apply her 4 month expired coupon to her 20$ purchase, all for 6 bucks an hour, I started to question if my life was worth living.
>I'm pretty sure being a garbageman for real has already been taken
As someone working maintanence at a grocery store, fuck no do not work with garbage. You will be forever coated in a mysterious sticky substance because the bags will ALWAYS break
>>
>>18557094

Get a loan, get a concrete pouring job, enroll in trade school, be a plumber/hvac/machinist
>>
>>18557116
damn dude $6 an hour? where do you live, africa?
>>
>>18557094
I feel your pain, anon. I'm trying to get out of food jobs too. I applied to retail and call centers, but didn't get hired yet. My friend got who was in food got hired at Lowe's. Maybe try Lowe's or Home Depot. Apply when they looking for seasonal workers.
>>
>>18557094
google "temp agency" or "employment agency" and visit one of the nearby ones. Sample around the different jobs they stick you with and let them know you don't want restaurant work. If you find one you like do your absolute best there and make sure the manager knows you want to be brought on as a regular employee.
>>
>>18557094
I know exactly what you mean
I did 25 months of dishwashing.
Never again. Never fucking again

I joined the military. I'd rather be shot at than deal with that shit.
At least when I come home. I have money
>>
>>18557101
>At least your hands are soft af
lmfao, to a point yes. It's when the seasons/weather changes that my skin chafes like a motherfucker. HOWEVER...my feet? They're fucking gone! All that remains basically are stubs that are numb to everything but pain! All dry and sore af and even gold bond isn't helping ;_;

>>18557116
>Retail 9-5 job
>Kek what the fuck is that? No such thing
Well, that's just heartbreaking. But Stock jobs, huh?
Anyway...hmm...you know, I got lowkey threatened by a fat fuck weilding a pocket knife today, so at this point, I don't care. My emotions are fucking decimated thanks to this goddamned pain-in-the-ASS job, so hey, how can we go lower?

But if it ain't fulltime, I ain't bothering.

>>18557225
Ah yes, this answer.
I wonder if you actually executed such a plan yet yourself. Just curious.

>>18557269
We'll try again, this time with experience under my belt!

>>18557302
I SHOULD try this, and this looks very promising...but I'm in a vulnerable state right now where I can't exactly enact it yet unless I go part-time-temp there. See, I'm forced to work this job still because I was forced outta home and I payed for my own apt. I'm deeply considering getting away from it to another stranger's house or whatever so my bills are much cheaper and I have more breathing room with money.

ONLY then, will this plan be totally executed.

>>18557322
You remind me of a man who visited my workplace at a party. He also went to the military and I hear he's doing well.
I digress, anyway
>25 months
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU NOT KILL YOURSELF!?
Teach me sensei, this path is brutal!

>>18557102
You're the best. Thank you for helping me add a bit more to my resume!
I couldn't phrase the skills myself, but trust me, I am all those and more.
>>
>>18557116
Oh, I forgot:
> You will be forever coated in a mysterious sticky substance because the bags will ALWAYS break
Nigga, do you know who you're talking to?

I'm also a part-time trashman here, so I know full-well what you mean. I always come home filthy thanks to me lifting heavy-ass bags of residual death and debris. Even after my 3rd hand wash, the phantom stains forever corrupt what little of a soul I have left.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.