[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"If you want to make friends you need to go outside"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 24723b222cf60d198400cffee90c89f0.jpg (243KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
24723b222cf60d198400cffee90c89f0.jpg
243KB, 1600x1000px
"If you want to make friends you need to go outside"

Explain this to me please. I go backpacking, bowling, to the library, play an instrument, work a steady job, I'm outside constantly but have no friends. How does this work?
>>
Do you actually talk to people when you go outside anon.
>>
>>18556851
Well, how is a conversation supposed to start when you're out and about? For instance, if a girl on the bus is wearing a tshirt you recognize, do you talk to her? If a girl is at the library reading a book you have read to you talk to her?
>>
>>18556865
In this day and age people would find it strange. Most dating is done through dating apps nowadays. Why is a girl gonna respond well to a guy approaching her in public when she already has 100+ chads matched with her on tinder?
>>
>>18556926
This is sad if it is true. Keep in my mind I'm asking about some calcification.

I often hear the advice you should leave the house if you want to make friends. I'm out and about all day and have no friends. What is happening here?
>>
>>18556943
You have to be willing to break social norms and risk being annoying. If people aren't trying to talk to you, you should try talking to them.
>>
>>18556926
>Why is a girl gonna respond well to a guy approaching her in public when she already has 100+ chads matched with her on tinder?
Because he's approaching her in public, thus making the difference.
>>
>>18556966
So basically just don't care and do whatever you want enough times and you'll find success?
>>
>>18556843
It isn't strange unless you live in a huge fucking city where everyone is in their own bubble and can't stand being talked to.

I've complimented a girl on Legion shirt recently and we casually chatted about our favorite characters in the show. It wasn't a hey let me get your number convo, just a general convo.
Also, I've had a girl ask me if I was going to make a nice meal for someone while I was putting my groceries on the registers belt recently too. That I imagine was her trying to get to know me for my number but I'm oblivious to that stuff when it happens. Ugly duckling to handsome guy syndrome I guess. But yeah, if you aren't really fucking ugly you can chit chat with strangers as long as you aren't creepy about it. You just have to be confident and casual.
>>
>>18556865
Why is it always women? You're looking for friends right?

(And also yes, that's exactly how you do it.)
>>
>>18556970
This. Will fuck the dude with the balls to actually date the normal way than any mentally ill weirdo online.

Chad's don't go online, they date the real way. Only 2/10 neckbeards with zero self esteem resort to online dating because they know that's the only way they could ever even look at a cute girl
>>
>>18557014
does acne make you "really fucking ugly "
>>
>>18557027
Yeah friends, I guess I only look at women in public.
>>
>>18557014
But not everyone wears tshirts displaying their interests to the world like an asshat. For the majority of people who just wear normal clothing how would you start a conversation exactly Mr. Alpha?
>>
>>18557045
Well that's your first problem. You'll be better off starting with male friends, you'll have more in common and you won't feel as anxious talking to them.
>>
>>18557052
Well if I'm being honest I wasn't thinking of female friends. I guess I had some sort of Freudian slip when I wrote that.

I still don't know how to make friends of any gender.
>>
>>18557049
>This guy wearing a band tshirt?
>What an asshole amirite?
kek

Anyway, there is almost always something in your surrounding you can use.
Going on a hike? See other hikers walk by?
"Hey, you done this trail before I'm a little lost. Know of any other good places to hike?"
Shopping at a music store?
"I'm looking to branch out, what do you listen to? Anything you'd recommend to me?"
Sitting at a bar, see someone watching the basketball game on TV?
"You like basketball?"

Like literally whatever it is you're out doing can be used as a conversation piece.
>>
>>18557064
Just gotta go up to people and talk to them. Put yourself in social settings, going alone to see a movie or going to the library or something isn't a very good place to meet people.

You mentioned going to a bowling alley, that could be a good place. Ask if you can join someone's game. You'll get shot down a lot, but you'll only become stronger for it. Some might say "sure grab a beer and a ball".
>>
>>>18557049
>how would you start a conversation exactly Mr. Alpha?
eh gurl u wan sum fuk?
>>
>>18557073
The bowling alley is always fat white trash families. But I guess I can try that.
>>
>>18557084
Well, then perhaps try other things. You said you play an instrument, see if there are any group classes in your area. Or offer yourself up as a teacher if you're good at it. Backpacking is another good one you listed. Find groups that meet up.
>>
>>18557087
I saw an ad on craigslist someone looking for a friend to jam with but I guess I was too nervous to reply.

I never thought about looking for backpacking groups. I believe there are several in my area. Sounds pretty scary but I guess I have to push myself to make friends.
>>
>>18557091
You can do it anon, gotta take that scary step but you'll come out better for it.

Gotta be a little uncomfortable until you can make progress.
>>
File: 0001.jpg (72KB, 775x900px) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
72KB, 775x900px
>>18556865
"That's a neat shirt, I've watched that recently, what do you think of [interesting plot point]?"

"Is that from [thing]? I don't know anyone else that's seen that!"

"That's a great book, are you enjoying it so far?"

"I read that recently, what chapter are you on? oh yeah, so what did you think of the part where..."

Starting a conversation isn't hard, just ask them about themselves, use something you see about them as context for that. People like talking about themselves as long as you're non-threatening and not creepy about it.
>>
>>18556865
...yes
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.