[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a Muslim girl and whenever I tell people this they immediately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 02-6.jpg (178KB, 744x560px) Image search: [Google]
02-6.jpg
178KB, 744x560px
I'm a Muslim girl and whenever I tell people this they immediately think they know everything about me and my religion just because they read some alt right propaganda article online.

They tell me I'm oppressed despite the fact I wear my hijab because I want to??

How do I shut down xenophobic and racist bigots?
>>
> my cultures sacred book tells us it is good to throw gay people off roofs
> and beat women
> and to kill for allah
> then kill those women when they get raped
everyone is a racist tho
>>
>>18554984
Are you the same Shia muslim girl who had her nudes sent to her brother?
>>
Say "I'm sorry I can't talk to you, my husband/father will beat me if I do."
>>
>>18554984
You wear the veil because you are cultured to do it. Not because you really choose it. You wear it because your religion forces you to do it.

What would happen if you refused to wear it in a muslim country? You would get the death sentence. So all of your muslim friends wear the veil too so why shouldn't you?

If you were born in India, you would be a hindu. If you were born in east asia, you would be a buddhist. If you were born in russia you would be a christian. Don't you get it? You never ever had a choice. You're forced by your culture and environment.

If you want to prove the "xenophobic and racist bigots" wrong, why not prove their arguments wrong by taking off your god damn veil for a week and show them that they're wrong?

But you wont. Because of obvious reasons I already wrote.
>>
>>18554998
Shut up fggt you think you know everything about my religion but you know nothing
You're just another alt right troll

>>18554996
yes so what

>>18554992
Kys fggt troll
>>
>>18554984
>>18554998
And to add on top of that, if you think your religion is so warm and welcoming... What do you think happens if someone wanted to start a christian church in Saudi Arabia? Or even better, a jewish synagogue?

But you claim that other people are the xenophobic ones and your religion is tolerant? How about you explain what happens if you lived in Iran and refused the veil.

Give me a fucking break.
>>
Yeah while the more rational amongst us are still happy to debate the pro's and con's of different religions instead of automatically assuming the worst, the more mainstream islam becomes the less automatic defence it attracts as a protected minority by even fairly traditional leftists. While we can find ways in which religion has helped individuals or groups for everybody else on the planet dogmatic teaching, fundamentalist ideology and literal interpretation of historic books kind of fucks us over.

I don't feel oppressed because I want to? Yeah, I mean if I was raised a certain way then I'd be thinking I wanted to do something a certain way, but it doesn't mean I wasn't oppressed or indoctrinated.

Nuns are a pretty false equivalency seeing as even hard catholics (which nuns certainly are) do not advocate their lifestyle as the only lifestyle for everybody. It'd be like every woman must dress like a nun or face prejudice from their family and community at best, fines, imprisonment, torture or death at worst.
>>
>>18555005
lmao you guys always just get uberbuttmad in the face of ANY criticism and it reveals you to be retarded and oversensitive

never gets old
>>
>>18555005
>mfw I read about how the shia strain of Islam is non violent and it is only the Wahhabis who are ruining Islam's reputation.
>mfw Shias believe their mahdi is going to return and exact revenge for the event at karbala

Explain yourself OP
>>
>>18555020
the nun comparison is pants on head retarded. a nun's habit is regarded as an honor that they get to wear because they've earned it. muslims are stupid and the libshits who insist on propping them up are even dumber
>>
I game over voice chat with some random muslims and guys from saudi arabia. I would never meet people like this in my daily life, but we've had some interesting chats pushing 5am with late night gaming.

Basically from what I can gather they view religion as an inconvenience much like the way I'd view various taxes and laws. Because it is ingrained within their culture it just becomes a thing to accommodate to get through the day and while there is an automatic knee jerk reaction to those seen breaking the cultural standards much like how I'd react with displeasure when I see somebody double parked, nobody wants to actually kill anybody, but it doesn't mean that like here with double parking, you don't get some asshole who interprets the rules too literally and decides to put the world to rights one day.

They complain about various things that they know is stupid, but like most young people recognise that a lot of it is something that maybe they'll look at once the older generation is no longer so dominant. The problem there is that after some time, they become the older generation and adopt similar ways of thinking.

You've also got a lot of immigration here in europe (they have the same thing in middle eastern countries) and people coming from a much more regressive culture kind of shit things up by pushing it all back a decade or two. I work with a recent immigrant from central africa and he hated being housed with other immigrants when he first got to the country because he found them to be reactionary, racist good ol' country boys. Like some half retarded redneck relative with values straight out of the 1950's.
>>
> Asks advice on how to deal with religious discrimination and prejudice
> Is met with religious discrimination and prejudice
Oh, /adv/. Why do I even come here?
>>
>>18555057
> supports a religion that kills homos
> well
>>
>backwards ass culture and religion
>why is everyone so racist
kek
>>
>>18554998
She can't take off her head wrap her head would float away
>>
What I do find kind of interesting about muslims in the relationship with god and the language which supports this. I find it kind of confusing because it is all a bit mystical, god is one and all and everything and nothing that can be known all at once and a lot of language is geared towards the sensation of being close to god, or moving closer to god, or being aware of a desire to move closer to god. It is a way of interpreting faith or spirituality which doesn't either doesn't translate very well into our language, or mesh with how I have been raised to think at least. It is unfortunate though that while I find it interesting that it is kind of dumb as bricks and in practice seems to just replace a whole lot of things we'd describe as being thoughtful or mindful or showing awareness of others or empathy for them. Oh so you decided to help that person? Yeah that is just helping a person. You don't need to describe it as a word which means "god moving closer by manifesting as a feeling of suddenly being aware of your duty to god".
>>
>>18554996
Lmao this girl is fucking desperate for attention. Fucking hilarious
>>
>>18554984
Considering all the refugees of your ass backwards countries are rolling into Europe and fucking everything up I can't really blame people for being a little racist and bigoted.
>>
>>18555072
i find it interesting that the god their faggot prophet made up invalidates himself left and right yet they all still choose to believe in it regardless
>>
I dated a Muslim girl Are used to read passages of the Quran and tell her that her religion says that I should be killed. She would laugh at me with that Asian girl broken accent and tell me that I was talking just about Isis.
>>
You're clearly incapable of taking any criticism, so my advice for you is to ignore those who speak shit about your religion.
>>
You do know you are only wearing it because you were brought up that way, not because you actually want to.
You have been brainwashed from birth.
>>
>>18554984
>>18548793

what's with this influx of Muslim qts
>>
File: Smiley.jpg (29KB, 577x492px) Image search: [Google]
Smiley.jpg
29KB, 577x492px
>>18554984
Gee, you guys. I wonder if this could be bait.
>>
>>18555098
this
plus she always sounds like a stuck up cunt
though I mist admit that it sounds like bait by now, I can't imagine someone being this oblivious is real
>>
>>18555098
THIS ISN'T ME ITS SOMEONE LARPING
>>
>>18554984
Fggt I frequent pol if you want to larp as me try harder
>>
>>18554998
just like marry mothet of jesus. she wasnt virtuous at all. she did it cud parents and culture.
>>
I like the part where everyone just started attacking the entire institution of islam instead of actually talking to the person in any constructive manner (as attention whory as she might be).
>>
>>18554984
A mod need to ban this fag for larping as me (check the IP addresses)
>>
>>18555526
Wtf he is using a proxy too it's saying that it's my post
>>
>>18554984
How did you get my IP address? wtf. You could have tried harder with the larping. I hate liberals and this "xenophobia" and "racism" bs. You're an ass.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.