[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cope with work stress? Every first day of the week back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (456KB, 2359x1769px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
456KB, 2359x1769px
How do I cope with work stress? Every first day of the week back into the office I'm so stressed that I wake up and puke. My nights have me tossing and turning and getting little sleep. Leaving the job isn't an option (and any other job at my level would have me just as stressed).

Is there medication I can take? How do I get it? Will it leave me drowsy and unable to work?
>>
don't medicate...

MEDITATE
>>
Meditation will help you a little, go to your doctor if you're having this much trouble- at least he or she would provide you with some sort of short-term treatment, while you work on the longer-term stuff.

It will take a while but that isn't bad.

>Leaving the job isn't an option

It's important to understand that you're fully able to leave the job whenever you want, even in the middle of a shift you could just get up and walk out. Obviously, you'll probably never consider doing that but it's a freedom that you will always have- it's best to remind yourself of that.

>(and any other job at my level would have me just as stressed).

Well it's your relationship to stress that has to change then.
>>
>>18554821

I don't understand how to meditate, and I don't know when I would do it, really. Like do you just sit there in silence? My mind would just start racing.

>can't leave

Well, I left this job in December. I thought going to a lesser role would help, and especially working from home. It didn't, and the job was miserable. I looked around at other jobs but realized they were all asking me to do the same thing, only for less money and with less perks, so I managed to come back where I am now, and I'm lucky to be here.

>change my relationship to stress
That's kind of what I'm hoping for. I'm just worried I'll get rejected for medication because I come across like a carefree guy who couldn't possibly get rattled. My anxiety comes and goes.
>>
>>18554830
> sit on the floor
> clear your head of everything except what makes you happy
> sit like this for 10 minutes 2x per day
>>
>>18554830
>>18554831
Don't do this.

Look into "mindfulness in plain english". The point is to decentralize, get away from "these are my thoughts, feelings, etc." and watch them come and go without getting involved. These thoughts and feelings are exactly the same thoughts and feelings you experience now, the point is to experience them with detachment, without being caught up in them.

To do this, you attach your attention to something else, for example your breath. With your attention "anchored" there, you can experience without attachment.

If you are especially restless, you can try walking meditation (same book). Or even listening to some calm music for a while might help (my rec: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaSi7Gut7xM)

I bet a doctor would give you drugs, but I would try without drugs first. If you are killing yourself working there, what are you working for? Quality of life that you're clearly not getting?
>>
>>18554858

I actually like the job. I love the people, I have good security, I do something challenging/fulfilling that people generally think is cool... I just get panicked about going into the office at the beginning of the week and I can't really explain why.
>>
>>18554872
Then I would advise you to start a meditation practice. Make sure your diet is in order. Go to a therapist if it doesn't get better. You can try a tea made from valerian root as well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.