[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is skipping breakfast good or bad? I'm a fatty, trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 777.png (540KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
777.png
540KB, 600x400px
Is skipping breakfast good or bad?

I'm a fatty, trying to lose a few pounds
>>
Yes. Skipping meals is bad for you. Limit your calories. Have five SMALL meals throughout the day.
>>
a lot of people think you have to starve to lose weight just don't eat shit that had 12 pounds of grease every meal and exercise , instead of a candy bar eat a damn apple for example. so no don't skip breakfest just eat a healthy breakfast of fruit or something
>>
How much weight are you looking to lose? What's your current height and weight? How old are you? How often do you go to the gym?
It's not possible to accurately answer your question without this information
>>
>>18554709
175 ibs
5'8
28 yr
maybe 15 lbs?
I don't go to the gym
>>
>>18554678
Skipping breakfast just so you can stuff yourself with two extra chicken legs at dinner is a bad idea.

You need to read up on the basics of dieting. Skipping meals is bad. You need to eat frequently, but in small portions, and healthy stuff. Also physical activity of any kind to burn calories.
>>
>>18554678

Your metabolism will form around your eating habits. Its best to eat multiple small meals a day, and breakfast is good for your energy levels in the morning so skipping its not a great idea.

But you could eat a large dinner at night only and be fine.

It comes with an increased health risk for a bunch of later in life diseases and a bunch of decreased health risks for others.

All that matters truly is youre consistent and get all your daily nutrients

>eating less in general.

No. Youll slow your metabolism and gain more weight in the end. You cant eat too much and you cant eat too little.

Avoid high sugars because that spikes your insulin and is not good for you. You need carbohydrates but dont over do that either because your bodily enzymes literally just convert that to sugar.

My cousin is a phd kinesiologist and he filled me in in a lot of shit.

Of course im not the authority so back check what i say with good sources (careful on google. Theres so much health bullshit out there you google anything and the first 2 pages of hits are woo and bullshit health websites.)

But what i do remember clearly from him and a fitness doctor with whom ive spoken with, the huge thing for weight loss is your basal metabolic rate ie what your body burns in a day if you do nothing. It takes a lot just to regulate your body.

Muscle eats a fuck tonne calories like a motherfucker whether you use it or not. So a great way to raise your bmr is by putting in muscle, and calorie count to meet your daily needs, if not slightly less.
But no, starving yourself or eating too much of the wrong things like high sugar is never good.
>>
Don't eat sugar foods, unless you are going to be active that day. Since sugar makes you fat. Having a healthy breakfast is good. But I would completely skip it. Just eat some healthy shit.
>>
>>18554711
Then yeah I'd say go ahead and skip breakfast if you have to, but make sure everything else you're eating is lowered in calories also so that the total calories you eat in any given day is 250-500 below what it would take to maintain.
It wouldn't be the healthiest thing ever, but it's doable.
Now if possible, you should start going to the gym and lifting on a beginner routine such as starting strength while eating at a 250 calorie deficit. You'll slowly lose weight, you'll get quick noob gains in the gym, and by the time you get to your goal of 150 you'll be near the point where you'll require more daily calories to get stronger and you can start maintaining there.
Oh and this guy >>18554719
is very correct when he says
>Skipping breakfast just so you can stuff yourself with two extra chicken legs at dinner is a bad idea.
You should be doing this because it cuts absolute calories, not because it lets you have a bigger dinner.

Not sure how much I actually by into the small meals, metabolism molding bullshit - I lost 50 lbs in four months by eating at a 1200 calorie deficit and going to the gym four days a week, had to skip plenty of meals. It was quick easy, and I didn't lost much strength.
It all comes down to calories in < calories out
>>
>>18554727
Its all over the place and sift through health bullshit, but i once read from a good peer review medical source (one.. Not like i checked the consensus)

That one large meals fine as long as youre consistent and get all your nutrients.

Its a give and take because you raise your health risks down the line for some things and lower it for others.

I think that causes your insulin levels to go nuts, too, though... I guess Thats not so good.

Anyway, something worth thinking about and researching if youre interested at least.
>>
>>18554721
I'm skinny but I usually end up eating one huge meal a day I hope I'm not fucked
>>
>>18554741
See>>18554734

I know its a repeat but as i said.. Found that info on good authority.

If its true i think youre just fine as long as your night binge meal has all you need and not too much.

Ill.bet youve slowed da fuck out of your metabolism though.
>>
>>18554741
just don't go to /fit/ they will tell you to eat cum over food
>>
It's really not that big of a deal. I've skipped breakfast for the past 17 years of my life and everything is just fine.

I'm still baffled that people can eat a full breakfast in the morning and not just go right back to sleep.
>>
>>18554765
> skipped breakfast for 17 years
> on 4chan
> everything is fine
>>
>>18554678
Avoid sugar most of all.
>>
>>18554678
I usually skip breakfast, started with depression and now I just don't get hungry til like noon.

I don't know if it's unhealthy, but I do know the body survives and adapts to almost everything you throw at it.
>>
>>18554678
Don't skip breakfast, that is priming your metabolism foot the day. I would go for a higher protein breakfast if I were you.

Personally I eat a large plate of pasta for breakfast every day, but I don't have weight issues.
>>
just eat good shit so you dont have to skip breakfast
>>
Sumo wrestlers gain weight by skipping breakfast, according to Wikipedia. That's not the only thing they do, obviously.
>>
File: IMG_3097.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3097.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
ENERGY IN // ENERGY OUT

Wanna gain weight? Eat more do less. Wanna lose weight? Eat less do more. Eat more protein and fats and less carbs - this alone will reduce your overall caloric intake because carbs are extremely calorie dense and most peoples normal diet contains waaay more than they need. Same with sugar. Cut out junk food (chips, soda, cookies, candy, fastfood) and you will see a massive reduction in carb/sugar intake. In a few weeks your body will adjust and you wont even find that stuff appealing anymore. If you want to be hardcore do the atkins/ketogenic diet - its one of the most effective diets for fat reduction but be advised it sucks fat fucking donkey balls and youll hate it. The best diet in the world is the diet you can stick to.

Start working out. Buy a membership to planet fitness, its the cheapest shit out there and realistically you dont need a "real" gym if you are a beginner. It is *seriously* lacking in many ways but none of it really applies to you unless you are already in shape and lifting. Its a good choice because theres plenty of average people there and its totally geared to people who have no idea wtf they are doing. If you are serious and stick to it, you can just find a new gym when your 1 year membership is up, because at that point PF simply wont have what you need to go further. As far as cardio - its excellent for your health and you 100% should do it - but it wont burn fat. Lifting weights does that.

>tldr eat less bullshit, start working out
>>
No, not really. People fast until noon. You wont die..look into intermittent fasting
>>
just do like one meal a day

usually i do one medium meal like a sandwich or something at noon-ish and then maybe like 300 calories in snacks until like 7 when the jeffersons comes on, been doing this for about three weeks and lost twenty pounds
>>
>>18555085
>eat less carbs

Not for everyone man. Theyre a source of energy, you even have the enzymes to convert then to sugar naturally for energy.

But i specifically learned "do not cut out carbs!!!" because im a construction worker and need a lot.

I also had a bad phase where i was undereating (lost my lunch packing habits and refused to pay for fast food. I once calorie counted and found out i was eating a bit over 1000 a day on weekdays when i need like 2500.)

So i got concerned and asked a doctor when my sweat started literally smelling like piss.

Thats specifically caused by not enough carbs. My body was burning through them too fast and switched over to just using my protein instead like it was calories.

The break down created ammonia as a by product faster than my kidneys could keep up, and being that amonia is toxic my body started pushing it out of my pores with my sweat just to get it the fuck out.

Also i was gaining a lot of weight, which didnt stabilize and go back down until i started eating enough calories a day. Enough was like double what i was eating.

Doctor was terribly unsurprised by everything i was telling her based on my eating habits.

Like I get you, youre not necessarily wrong, but its not great blanket advice to just hand out to anonymous people you cant trust to actually go find out what they specifically need.
>>
>>18555154

Well if you are eating 1000 calories a day of course you will have problems. You can be bed ridden doing fuckall and still starve on only 1000 cals a day. Doing construction would mean you should be somewhere in the 2500-3000 range.

As i said, eat less carbs. Does this mean do a keto diet (which is exactly what you did?) No, unless you want to do a ketogenic diet. You can still eat normal foods, just cut out the trash like chips and cookies and breakfast cereals and candy - and that alone will reduce your caloric intake via carb/sugar reduction. Unless you are under 2000 calories a day, this wont be an issue. And if you are, it means you just need to eat more food that is healthy. Going ketogenic on the average diet is just about impossible, like a single slice of bread contains almost your entire days alotment of carbs if you were trying to go keto. I know you are saying it was a problem for you - but you didnt have an average diet, you were quite literally starving if 1000cals was your daily average.

In the end whats most important is ENERGY IN // ENERGY OUT. Theres nothing groundbreaking about it, its painfully simple.
>>
>>18555203
Right, and I agree with everything you say, and i know you dont mean "keto" but i mean me specifically, i need a lot *more* carbs because i burn insane amounts of calories in a day.

Doesnt take long for me to use up my stores. Its either refined sugar or carbs to get what I need and we all know refined sugar isnt your best bet.

Im really just imagining someone reading what you posted and cutting down on carbs when they do something super labour intensive.

Tl;dr and my whole point really, people should really just do their own critical research on diet, consult a professional if they really want to know, and take heavily into account their lifestyle.

An office worker, a tradesman and a guy in the middle are going to have very different needs
>>
Stop eating preservatives, anti-coagulants, anti-foaming agents, stabilizers, just cut all additives in general. These additives keep performing their function in your gut. This is why you are sick (obese).
Fat is good for you.
Sugar in moderation is good for you.
Protein is good for you.
Fiber is good for you.

If you stop eating preservatives and other chemicals then your natural calorie redline cutoff will be re-activated. You do not need to monitor calories if you eat chemical free food.

Also stop eating at "restaurants" that heat rather than cook food.
>>
File: 1498010991590.jpg (456KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1498010991590.jpg
456KB, 1080x1350px
Skip the gym meme, join this grill on a bike ride!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.